World Health Organization Employee Reviews

learning and challenging
SMO (Former Employee) –  Uttar PradeshApril 9, 2018
running chasing and satisfaction at the end of the day. Job security is bad and kills the spirit of team. you will learn lot of public health skills like data analysis, advocacy and presentation. great chance to showcase your abilities as a epidemiologist. management is very good. But HR management seems to be not interested in retaining skilled and trained team. High burnout and attrition rates because of long working hours and micromanagement. continuously on firefighting mode.
Pros
professionalism
Cons
long working hours and continuous war footing
Good startup experience
Oracle Apps DBA (Former Employee) –  bangaloreJanuary 2, 2018
Good experience as a startup .
Learned a lot on Oracle Database and applications .
Also learned about tools and techniques to be used in daily work .
Overall Great.
good place to work
Surveillance Medical Officer (Current Employee) –  Andhra PradeshNovember 23, 2017
good place to learners. learnt many things about the field. hard work and busy life with a less benefits other than salary. slow and tedious growth.
Pros
good work culture
Cons
no benefits other than salary
Office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  BiharOctober 10, 2017
World Health organization is reputed UN agency. Polio Program has been eliminated by more efforts organization. WHO conducting health monitoring with honesty and transparency.
Pros
Timely Salary
Cons
Long Hours
Creative and balance work life
Oracle Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  BangaloreJuly 9, 2017
Worked in R12 upgrade in WHO. Hence it was a great learning experience in performing the upgrade and retrofitment. Gained good functional knowledge. And Job culture was good
Fantastic workplace
Regional Administration and Finance Officer (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraMay 15, 2017
WHO was a dream job at any time. The job provided me opportunities in plenty and enabled me to lead 38 non-technical personnel across 4 states in Western India.

I could introduce many new operations systems to facilitate the operations of the states offices, which were ratified by the India Regional Office.
Good Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West BengalMay 12, 2017
Amazing place to work. Workplace culture good. You get to meet various people from different part of the world. Most enjoyable part of the work is you are helping People.
Office work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurangabad, BiharApril 27, 2017
I want to change my current job position.If have any post of any organization i will do it but one condition good salary, good nature of works, good environment.
Professional and respectful work environment
Project Manager- Knowledge Management (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, IndiaApril 10, 2017
WHO is a great place to work. It is a professional organization serving in the Health sector with mission to improve the health of all people. I have served here for 20 years and I feel proud to be part of this organization.
Pros
Respectful work culture
Cons
Stangnation
Physically and Mentally Demanding Workplace
Surveillance Medial Officer(SMO) (Current Employee) –  Noida, Uttar PradeshMarch 19, 2017
A typical day at work- Being a SMO, my job profile is doing advocacy and supporting the district in surveillance activities(Vaccine Preventable Disease Surveillance), strengthening of routine immunization activities, pulse polio immunization activities, supporting district in newer vaccines launch & roll out.

Learning-My profile as SMO has helped me grow as a public health professional.I have learned doing data analysis and advocacy with the analysed data with the district health officials for strengthening of various program indicators.My profile has given me the opportunity to working as a team with different WHO colleagues working in the district as well as working as a team with partner agencies with predefined role and responsibility of each partner agency.

Management-I am overall responsible for my team comprising of an Administrative Assistant, Drivers and Field Monitors.

Workplace Culture-It is good as you are part of a small WHO family in the district.

Hardest Part of Job- When the data based feedback is not taken positively by the district health department.

Most Enjoyable part of Job-When the suggestions for strengthening of health indicators are acknowledged and implemented by the district administration.
Pros
Appreciation of your work by the District eg. by District Magistrate
Cons
Monotonous Job, Long working Hours, Difficulty in Work Life Balance
Technical
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warangal, Andhra PradeshMarch 15, 2017
Monday is the typical day at work, Learned Technical and management things. stress, stick on to the chair, meetings and trainings in out side of the state with Colleagues is the enjoyment part
Good work place but limited opportunities to grow
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  DelhiJanuary 9, 2017
Good work place in terms of the work environment and multi cultural teams but limited opportunities to learn and grow with tremendous job insecurity particularly for nationally recruited staff.
It's an United Nations Organization.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiJanuary 4, 2017
I always feel pride to work in this organization. There are many opportunities to learn through Staff Development tool. It's a very big organization worldwide and
good
Public Health Specialist - Health Systems (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiDecember 12, 2016
good and efficient
I would definitely recommend.
Work involves coordinating and engaging with Ministry of health counterparts and working on national level policies.
Exemplary International Organization.
Regional Team Leader-West (Retd) (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraNovember 22, 2016
A typical day at work was very encouraging and the day ended with so many new challenges addressed as well as to be addressed. Very encouraging and open work culture and flexibility of work time/schedule. Interacting with people at various cadres: from Chief Minister-Health Minister-Principal Secretary-Director Health services to district officials, including district magistrates to grass-root level workers like Angan Wadi and ASHA.
Public health demands managing program and managing people: More challenging is managing PEOPLE. I did it well!
Hardship is an integral part of public health job in WHO. Demanding geographical terrains in Bihar and North East are learning experiences.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a smile on the face of the parents in Kosi riverine villages in Bihar, when their children receive any vaccine for the first time in their life. This made my day.
Pros
Happy work culture.
Cons
Nil
Intresting work but too much work load
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Current Employee) –  MuzaffarpurOctober 18, 2016
Intresting work But too many risks and also too many work load..one man take a whole individual block..who don't know about world health organisation (W.H.O)
fun workplace
oracle consultant (Former Employee) –  BangaloreAugust 20, 2016
I have worked with oracle issues related to eExp batches and suppliers...solved the issues...eExpenditure is a custom module developed for the transfer of expenditures between PTAEOs.
Pros
good team work
Fun Workplace
Field Monitor (Current Employee) –  Howrah, West BengalFebruary 21, 2016
Very good Organization. The Organization think about us. we r getting our salary on time. We had learned lot of things. Very friendly Place.
World Health Organization
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DLJanuary 28, 2016
World Health Organization has lots of benefits, growth and training aspects both in headquarters and in the country and field offices.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Hard to find a job
Having good management and technical experience with improving health of public.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bihar Sharif, BRNovember 15, 2015
International management standards, hard work culture with highly efficient professional for improving the health of public by giving very best health care services to their door step.
Pros
Good trainings & motivations
Cons
Long hours to support public health