World Health Organization

World Health Organization Employee Reviews

India40 reviews
I was not having any source of income and came to know about WHO organization from friend and went WHO office ,there I submitted my resume and group interview and since I working in WHO organization.
Worked as a Administrative Assistant.

I am having indepth knowledge in operations, accounting, MIS, field activities, company guidelines and fleet management
I am cureently working in this company Very good. Friendly environment cooperative Supervisors.good salary all benifits available like medical insurance and leaves etc.
Work atmosphere is good,salary and perks are also good.No job security what so ever .Area of visit is spread over four districts for which extensive touring required to cover the vast area.
Organizational culture is defined as the expectation of the organization towards its employees and from itself, the philosophy it carries, the values that it embodies, and its interactions with each of the stakeholders.

They are a bunch of customs, traditions, and beliefs that the company wants to emulate everywhere without any aberration
running chasing and satisfaction at the end of the day. Job security is bad and kills the spirit of team. you will learn lot of public health skills like data analysis, advocacy and presentation. great chance to showcase your abilities as a epidemiologist. management is very good. But HR management seems to be not interested in retaining skilled and trained team. High burnout and attrition rates because of long working hours and micromanagement. continuously on firefighting mode.
Pros
professionalism
Cons
long working hours and continuous war footing
WHO - NPSP is a great place to work with. I have learnt all the personal and professional skills from WHO and it is will be near to my heart forever.
Sometimes, I feel that my blood has one more component as compared to other i.e. NPSP-WHO.
Good experience as a startup .
Learned a lot on Oracle Database and applications .

Also learned about tools and techniques to be used in daily work .

Overall Great.
I've a lot of knowledge for health. We celebrate the activities and beyond the meeting time when we go outdoor. For a typical day, we give care and support for patients every day of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at Hospital and team.
Pros
Health Care, Knowledge of Health
Cons
Although it is a good organization, it doesn't match my graduation and my dream career life.
good place to learners. learnt many things about the field. hard work and busy life with a less benefits other than salary. slow and tedious growth.
Pros
good work culture
Cons
no benefits other than salary
World Health organization is reputed UN agency. Polio Program has been eliminated by more efforts organization. WHO conducting health monitoring with honesty and transparency.
Pros
Timely Salary
Cons
Long Hours
Worked in R12 upgrade in WHO. Hence it was a great learning experience in performing the upgrade and retrofitment. Gained good functional knowledge. And Job culture was good
WHO was a dream job at any time. The job provided me opportunities in plenty and enabled me to lead 38 non-technical personnel across 4 states in Western India.

I could introduce many new operations systems to facilitate the operations of the states offices, which were ratified by the India Regional Office.
Amazing place to work. Workplace culture good. You get to meet various people from different part of the world. Most enjoyable part of the work is you are helping People.
I want to change my current job position.If have any post of any organization i will do it but one condition good salary, good nature of works, good environment.
WHO is a great place to work. It is a professional organization serving in the Health sector with mission to improve the health of all people. I have served here for 20 years and I feel proud to be part of this organization.
Pros
Respectful work culture
Cons
Stangnation
A typical day at work- Being a SMO, my job profile is doing advocacy and supporting the district in surveillance activities(Vaccine Preventable Disease Surveillance), strengthening of routine immunization activities, pulse polio immunization activities, supporting district in newer vaccines launch & roll out.

Learning-My profile as SMO has helped me grow as a public health professional.I have learned doing data analysis and advocacy with the analysed data with the district health officials for strengthening of various program indicators.My profile has given me the opportunity to working as a team with different WHO colleagues working in the district as well as working as a team with partner agencies with predefined role and responsibility of each partner agency.

Management-I am overall responsible for my team comprising of an Administrative Assistant, Drivers and Field Monitors.

Workplace Culture-It is good as you are part of a small WHO family in the district.

Hardest Part of Job- When the data based feedback is not taken positively by the district health department.

Most Enjoyable part of Job-When the suggestions for strengthening of health indicators are acknowledged and implemented by the district administration.
Pros
Appreciation of your work by the District eg. by District Magistrate
Cons
Monotonous Job, Long working Hours, Difficulty in Work Life Balance
Monday is the typical day at work, Learned Technical and management things. stress, stick on to the chair, meetings and trainings in out side of the state with Colleagues is the enjoyment part
Good work place in terms of the work environment and multi cultural teams but limited opportunities to learn and grow with tremendous job insecurity particularly for nationally recruited staff.
I always feel pride to work in this organization. There are many opportunities to learn through Staff Development tool. It's a very big organization worldwide and
good and efficient
I would definitely recommend.

Work involves coordinating and engaging with Ministry of health counterparts and working on national level policies.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Health Organization. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2