World Bank

World Bank Employee Reviews

India57 reviews
The Job is of the great responsibility of keeping track of the loan amount being spent correctly for the purpose it is assigned. Time to time thorough review of the system with the Government to assess that the support operations are making the desired impact to the program and also strengthening system for sustainability in long term
In World Bank work is of days which can be broken into hour of pure work and then proceed to finish your days (each day being 8 hours) give account for the same and claim reimbursements (for Consultants)
Hard to find men who are recruited on permanent post including country head.
Excellent place to work and we will get good benefits. Also we can spend more times to learn new technologies and accomplish it. Work flexibility is major advantages in WORLD BANK GROUP.
Pros
Work Flexibility
Cons
At times we need to spend more hours for the production issues
very good to work
good management

good workplace culture

good job superb management and work pace is good and healthy competition and healthy atmosphere
Neither a good place to work nor a bad place. Presence of usual corporate politics shouldn't surprise you! Peers are friendly in nature, which is exactly opposite to that of the management.
Last few months the working became too hard due to our senior staff.We learned how to manage the work without the support of our seniors.Culture of work was very hard.There was no such enjoyable part of job.
A typical day at work is Quiet & slow paced but becomes stressful as the day ends.

I have learnt many things about team management, systems development and third party management.

The management is mostly reactive.

The culture is give respect, be inclusive, integral and accountable.

The hardest part of the job is get collaboration.

The enjoyable part is opportunities to learn and reform
I recommend everyone should work with Worldbank at least once in your lifetime. It’s a great opportunity to know, how such great global saviour operates.
A place where brahmins can survive for longer period with no torcher from management.People who wishes to just sit and lay eggs on their seat with no learning and doing unproductive work are welcomed to join there. Generally, corporate is meant to be politics , but I haven't come across such politics issue in my working experience of 7.5years. More incapable employees are been recruited which affects the normal employees work life balance. Incapable people's work are been loaded to non brahmin people and they are targeted of job in security if they just open a word against management. No advanced learning and ladder for encouragement. They encourage you to study professional courses but still we can't expect any promotion for a maximum period of 7 years ( provided if your pet to management) if not, you can never imagine for promotion in your lifetime.
Pros
Competitive salary, perks and benefits which any company cant providee
Cons
Caste discrimination, Management politics, No learning, no work life balance, no cabs inspite of working late at night, no safety for female employee's
Great Intellectual environment - In any given day the bank has events going on a several topics. The speakers in some of these events are exceptionally high profile. Such a rich intellectual environment is unparalleled even in the most prestigious universities in the World.
Typical day at work is great. I learned a lot. Management is awesome. Culture too is good. Nothing hard about the job. Very enjoyable colleagues and mentors.
Employed as STC
Short term, ad-hoc assignments. Good learning opportunities, interaction with top of the field professionals. Salary rate decided on per-day basis.
providing water supply and sanitation facilities through peoples and LSGDs contribution was very tedious job,but the members of the beneficiary groups of Kerala people cooperated the project was a success
Pros
All good
Cons
nil
The World bank is one of the most prestigious organisations to work for. Its global foot print and variety of work can enrich one's career multi-fold.
Pros
tax free salary in majority countries
Cons
flat hierarchy
Learning Opportunities across various business processes and units; opportunities for onsite travel and development assignment in other business units, good Work-life balance
As a sub-project manager of World Bank-funded subprojects- TSIDP, I enjoyed the work. Because I developed the project proposal by myself and managed it efficiently. Under this project, I developed research facilities in Jagannath University, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Besides that, I also renovated the Marketing department of Jagannath University with modern amenities. Those works, delineated above, was innovative work which I enjoyed. From the project, I learned how to manage a project and how to maintain the files such as Cash book, ledger, Petty Cash, assets Register and procurement documents.
Pros
Fllixibile works with huge resposnibility
Cons
Manageing the pressure of external people was the main disadvantage.
Good Project with new oppurtunities to learn and explore the things in technology. work life balance

Good
As it is a Government college, it is highly important to learn and work on your own. Nice place to learn and work with fellow students who are very eager to learn.
Pros
Located centrally in the city
Cons
Self motivation to learn is required for a beginner
* Less fun @work
* Very hard @work-place

* Communication with client is very hard, like one senior developer at onsite for all communications, got delayed work.
Cons
Not Employee Friendly policies
As an intern, I used to go out to cities located around Lahore (where the HQ was located) and carried out the same routine check-ups of the clinics (BHU's) and reported numbers and figures to my superiors, who eventually made a report and sent it to the World Bank via PSPPU to gather funds to alleviate the deteriorating conditions of the medical clinics in Paksitan.
Pros
Get to meet new people everyday
Cons
Always travelling to cities and carrying out same routine check ups
One of my Best and very secured Place I worked.
I learnt many things here and was part of the techno growth of the team and application i worked.

I would definitely recommend to ladies.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at World Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3