Wipro Employee Reviews

Found 9,605 reviews matching the search See all 11,852 reviews
I worked at Wipro full time (More than a 2 years)
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraJanuary 20, 2019
First they will hire you in very less package then they will force you to work for 12 hours.worst company.As an employee you have to go behind the managers or else you will be fired by giving silly reasons. no jo security.no transport facility and bad medical coverage.they will ask you to resign or they will terminate you
Pros
One of the foremost IT company in India. Youth-driven and provides a fair working environment.
Cons
Wipro provides a good training session but as a fresher, salary for a fresher is comparatively low. There is a shortage of development project.
It's a good place for working during one's senior years, not suited for freshers
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Electronics City, KarnatakaFebruary 13, 2019
For a fresher, especially recruited through placement, Wipro is not a great place to start. One will be having to work like a formal employee at the same time gets treated like a student with no form of benefits a normal employee gets.
It's better to join wipro after getting experiences from outside so that one can be respected for the work you are doing and at the same time be satisfied with your job.
Pros
Many classes that one can choose to learn new things
Cons
Won't be having time to attend those
Competitive
Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJanuary 14, 2019
I am working with Wipro for the Microsoft Office 365 project for past 2 years. Good place to build yourself technically strong. But lack management. Office Culture is balanced to some extent. Hardest job is to meet the ever changing targets of the company which forces the individual to work in a very pressurized environment. Overall Good
Pros
Makes you technically strong
Cons
Office management. Targets set hampers your qualitative performance.
Not good as it was once
Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduJanuary 3, 2019
Its definitely not good as it once used to be . Changes in the management has ruined the company. Literally everyone faces lots of pressure irrespective of project.

The Cafeteria has become worst ever , FMG has lots of irresponsible and useless employees. The internal IT support has become a house of dumbs. This was not the case few years back .
Not sure if the top management lost its interest here in Chennai or at its basics.
Pros
Only thing that still exists is its Transport facility
Cons
Wipro has lost its charm in the recent times
productive
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraFebruary 1, 2019
The company was good and i have started my carrier to join MNC company and for more growth I am switching this job,and the experienced was good and for fresher i am definitely recommend it and for start up it's good.but work and environment was good and also staff are friendly. A management was good and I am enjoying my work and also different type of activity and celebrating all festival and also enjoying the fun activity.
Bad experience
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduDecember 28, 2018
They can never grow with such management and rigid rules. Not an employee friendly place to work. Very disappointed with such a big brand.
Please avoid joining this company. I am not an aggrieved employee but the reason I left WIPRO was due to bad employee management. They cant really grow because they don't care how good the employees work, all they care about is how long they work. You do a particular work in 8 hours and they wont care but you extend your timing and work late nights after your shift ends and complete the same amount of work in 12 hours and you are the best.
Pros
Brand name
Cons
Productive and fun work pace
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greater Noida, Uttar PradeshDecember 26, 2018
What is culture but a shared set of beliefs, values and practices? Our culture is the foundation of our success and it is completely people oriented, touching lives and making a difference to employees, stakeholders, customers and partners alike. We believe that excellence is not a destination but a journey of continuous improvement and we keenly promote an open culture, encouraging feedback, and actively transforming it into action.
Good company if you are in the right project
Full Stack Developer (Current Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaJanuary 18, 2019
Wipro has a ton of work in outdated and legacy tools. But it also has 4 to 5% projects that are pure development and if you are very lucky to get such a project then only it's worth staying in this company.
Pros
Good for freshers if you get a development project which is very very rare, Awesome campus in Electronic city
Cons
Very less hike. Politics. No rewards. No work life balance if stuck in a bad project.
Good not Great
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduDecember 20, 2018
A good place to start a career or to settle after many years of experience but not the right place to grow. Has huge number of middle management that tries to micromanage and cross-interfere. Not much growth or appreciation. People "who work" are overloaded with work but not given opportunities. Credits are taken by the middle management. Not easy to move to latest technology even if we self learn and are proactive.
Pros
Good Campus at all locations
Cons
No Growth, No Hike
my day
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MAHARASHTRA, INDecember 18, 2018
wipro was a dream company to work with for me.in 2010 i got the best of managers very understanding. As I was bit loss of confidence because I had faced a very critical issues at home front.they were the people who cooperated with me and i sustained.Now a days the new people who joined are just professional for others. So people do leave wipro because of their behavior. I fee l the personal touch has vanished completely.
Nothing personal but i am at the age where I have observed many things.
Wipro as a company is good gives lot of benefits but the management ruins the image of wipro.
Salary is an issue in wipro
Pros
Nothing free
Cons
short breaks
Didn't like Job Culture
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Electronic City, Bengaluru, KarnatakaJanuary 1, 2019
Company isn't employee friendly, the employee hierarchy structure is not good and there is no friendliness among the junior and senior colleagues. Pay is very structured and not upto the mark according to performance level. Company doesn't allow work from home in case of emergencies. One needs to follow the rule of staying for minimum 9 and half hours.
Pros
Cons
Not employee friendly, No good Salary, Long hours.
Company is gud but the management is not gud
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduDecember 8, 2018
Overall company is gud. Management is not gud , if the management is gud definitely the process will not ramdown... Transport facilities very worst...for eg: if we forgt to book the cab means transport team will not club even in nite shifts ..they behaviour is very hash and rude... They dint adjust... If the cab is not in cab area for after shift employees don't ask any thing if ask means they said like try to understand and we will wait for so many hours and minutes.. very very worst.... It's a very brand company but the its one way transport facilities... Both pick up and drop transport means it's good to be better.... No hike.. over all very worst company....
Good learning experience with international exposure
Assistant Manager Accounts & Finance (Former Employee) –  BangaloreJanuary 30, 2019
It was an honour to work in Wipro. One of the largest IT giant of India. Learned new business skills with accuracy and governance.
Sound knowledge of Internal control, Corporate governance and Books Closure, well conversant with Indian and International Accounting standards (IFRS).
Pros
Finance work exposure
Cons
Bureaucratic environment
Maximum support projects
PMO (Current Employee) –  BENGALURU, KARNATAKA, INDecember 4, 2018
Wipro is the place to be if-
You love working in support.
Bargaining for hike/progression even though if you have worked hard and waited for the management to come to you.
You love moving to new places for support roles.
You feel motivated by the threats of management.
You think approval is required for anything you want to do in the company.
Pros
Electronic City campus has more mart inside so if you want to buy expensive vegetables.
Cons
Working hours, management, stupid policies, pointless HR
Good work place
Architect (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaFebruary 10, 2019
Had oppurtunity to work with developers, testers, designers, SMEs and other peers. This helped to get the product knowledge fast.
Responsibilities included to analyse requirement from the perspective of customer expects. Document High level design document and agree the solution with all stakeholders.
Hard part is in analysing the system/components impacts.
Pros
Good policies
Cons
Long work hours
Productive and fun workplace.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaDecember 28, 2018
Productive and fun workplace. WIPRO has strong HR policies and it is a value-based company. WIPRO takes care of employees aspirations and if you have established as a good performer, the sky is the limit for you to grow within and it provides Various training to employees for skill level enhancement or cross-skilling. I truly appreciate as being part of this great company.
Experience
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaJanuary 28, 2019
Working as an Analyst at Google client location from Wipro Ltd,Hyderabad from June 2017 to till date.

Worked as an Analyst at Google client location from Intelenet Global Solutions,Hyderabad from September 2016 to June 2017.

I have learned alot of things and leads are supported & encouraged me alot & its been a good experience worked at Google client.
Pros
Food is yummy
Cons
worked for 8.5 hours per day
Lot n lot of work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  PuneNovember 21, 2018
There were lot and lot of work at Wipro, Learned how to handle pressure, the workload was ample, management was good, but there were some flaws in it, internal politics can't be ruled out. Work culture was good and the most important thing that Wipro had maintained. Work pressure was the greatest drawback,m means they are never satisfied with your work, they always want more and more. My team was really great and use to handle pressure quite easily
Pros
My team, motivates a lot and learned a lot from them
Cons
too much indulgence of politics
Wipro really enhance the workers to build their career stronger by giving them chance to build competency in their interested areas .
Debug Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaDecember 6, 2018
We can build our competency along with our job in wipro. The facility they provide for the employees are really appreciable. The hardest par to the job is like we need to maintain a minimum hour of 7 inside the ODC now, except that it is a good place to work and enrich your career.
Good company to start your career with
ABAP/4 Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaFebruary 8, 2019
Wipro is a good company to start your career with, They have very good training for freshers. But as you grow further, the salary expectations are not met nor are the work-life balance. There are projects where people have no work and there are projects where people are working 16 hrs a day. So its more about your luck.
Pros
trainings
Cons
strict working hrs