Weir ESCO Employee Reviews

Its ok.
Core Maker (Former Employee) –  Newton, MSOctober 17, 2019
Pays ok but they take forever to give you your raise. People act as if its their money and at the end of the day if your working hard its yours. Management and front office needs a whole new team.
it has Chang a lot.I was getting used to the changes but they sed the forecast would hold me working there right now so I had to go
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 17, 2019
I have allwize like working there but this time has hit me hard so a good review is hard to wright but it is my home away home if they call me I will go back
Buena
Asesor comercial (Former Employee) –  AsesorSeptember 19, 2019
Muy buenos compañeros, aprendizajes varios, buen clima laboral
fast paste and stressful
Global Business Shared Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 4, 2019
Very demanding job and fast paste. Be prepared to work all the time. Management is good but they require you to work a lot. Vacation and benefits is good.
Great company
Continuous Improvement Leader (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 24, 2019
ESCO taught me a lot about lean manufacturing. They definitely invest in the employees that they see have potential. It is a very dirty working environment, get past that and you have plenty of opportunity to grow.
Don't know what they want
Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 16, 2019
Management is very Dr Jeckyl/Mr Hyde: one day very nice, the next bordering on verbally abusive. No training for my position was given, no job description given, which means they could add or subtract duties whenever they felt like it. After starting, found out I was the 6th person in 7 years in the job role. Turn over very high, no sense of stability.
Nice people
HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 7, 2019
Feels like family. Good people. There is challenging work, there is always something new going on. Leadership cares about the people. The benefits are good.
Workplace culture
Safety, Health and Environment Administrator (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYJune 3, 2019
The environment seemed small at the site, which allowed for plenty of work for all of the employee's. At times could be overwhelming with the workload. One had to manage the projects in a timely manner, if not, could be forgotten.
productive everyone knew they roll was like a family
Welder (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 29, 2019
We start the day with safety meeting and the goal for the day after that we do stretching. then going to you station do safety inspection on equipment star working. the hardest part of the day was when we got a very bad part that take longer. the most enjoyable part is when you finish you work with out major issues and of course working with the people you know for many years.
Pros
people i work with
Cons
insurance to expensive
A horrible place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 28, 2019
Dangerous place to work. Ask you to operate machines without safety guards. People smoking inside the plant with wood products everywhere . Hostile and racist comments from management.
Cons
Not a great work environment
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYApril 23, 2019
Extremely hot. Pay is great, co-workers.... Not so much. Very unprofessional and only out for themselves. Management was a joke and only seemed to care for certain employees.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Everything else
seems good, but isn't
Car Salesman (Former Employee) –  Evergreen, COMarch 18, 2019
hired me for 2 weeks just to lay me off because it's "too slow", watch out for this company as it completely wasted my time and efforts that I put in.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Good n Bad
Pourer (Former Employee) –  Newton, MSMarch 4, 2019
Was really good job to work at but I got laid off with 74 others after being there for almost 2 years .... In never was call back .....even had put in applications in still wouldnt hire back think they put me on the do not hire list for some reason...
Esco
Senior Safety Trainer (Current Employee) –  Marion, IAFebruary 15, 2019
Pros: Easy working hours when you're in the office.
Cons: When there is an opportunity to set a schedule that works best for the trainer, the boss goes ahead and sets the schedule for you that he thinks is best.
No opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Easy working hours in the office.
Cons
Listed above
Empresa Ética e Séria
Gestor de Vendas (Former Employee) –  Minas GeraisFebruary 7, 2019
Empresa com excelente ética corporativa, bem situada no mercado, com salários e benefícios adequados ao seu perfil de atividades e similaridade com demais concorrentes, porém com grandes oportunidades de melhoria no seu clima organizanizacional e padronização dos processos.
Pros
Salários + benefícios e boa situação no Mercado
Cons
Clima Organizacional e falta de padronização de processos
productive
sand tech (Current Employee) –  Newton, MSJanuary 2, 2019
work for esco is fair. The people that are hired at esco are well interviewed and well trained the work environment could use a little working on air quality could improve
only job i ever had untill they sold out worked there 20 years
Operator/ supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bowie, TXDecember 30, 2018
wheny they sold out me and another guy ran the yard in hobbs new mexico we had 5-7 rigs running all the time usually 2-3 running 24hrs 7 days a week,we made sure rigs had supplies they needed, got invoices signed

enjoyed working with the people i worked with and around id probably still be there if they hadnt sold, but everything happens for a reason

im ready to start my way somewhere else would like to eventually run
tools sometime in the next year or so i know im gonna have to work my way back up to it at a new company, but i welcome the challenge
Pros
good people to work for
Cons
nothing bad to say
Fun workplace
General Foreman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Marion, IAOctober 10, 2018
Good place to work. Took care of there employees. Always had good employee lunches which the employees appreciated. Was steady work in a good environment.
Quality products
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2018
Made good quality products. Decentralized decision making and somewhat disjointed. Little training, but it forced you to learn quickly. Decent people.
Good when i was there
Senior Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  portland, oregonSeptember 24, 2018
Good when i was there in IT till 2013. workplace culture was great, good teamwork. hard part was that we needed more transparency from management. enjoyable part was the people - highly competent and smart

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weir ESCO. Our community is ready to answer.