Volvo Employee Reviews for Intern

Intern16 reviews
India16 reviews
A good learning experience
I completed my internship at product design and development department. The guidance by seniors was incredible. The management was supportive. Overall it was good working environment to learn new things about work culture and core domain.
Its a good place to work
Most collaborative and good skills based platform.
Good to learn new technologies and quality based services.

Have a very good team and seniors.

Good time management and services provided
Good
Very good response, they are very good employees and nature is good and maintenance also very good and they provide very good facilities, and I m proud to be work at their.
Great place to learn
Great place to learn, I was in part design and development department at Volvo Eicher Commercial vehicles as an Intern and I got to learn a lot about heavy commercial vehicle design.
Productive and informative.
My time at Volvo Private Ltd enhanced my technical knowledge as we applied the technicality with the practicality. In addition I developed the skill to perform in a professional environment also learning time management.
Very organised
The industry is a well run and we'll organised place of work with precautions at every nook and corner.
A great place to learn and curve an individuals future in the right direction.
Academically focused.
As we learnt about procurement and product life cycle in our bachelors of mechanical engineering, it was a good hands on experience for us as students.
Good company
Joined as intern to understand the process of excavators and compactors
regular 8 hours of work seems to be fine..........................................................
Pros
volvo way
Cons
food
really a wonderfull place to work
I was an graduation trainee in Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles for 6 month, I loved the work culture, freedom of choice, I didn't liked the limited options for work I had, but over all its absolutely a great place to work.
Awesome learning environment
Beautiful place to learn and explore automobile assembly technologies. Assembly line is primitive as compared to global standards. Volvo Buses has one of the best canteen facilities
productive and friendly environment
it is one of the good company..where we can enhance our technical skills..the empoyess working there are friendly and supportive
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
8 hours per day
Informative and Useful.
Working at Volvo was very fun and challenging. I learned about entire process of Heavy Vehicle Manufacturing. Management and staffs very friendly and Co-operative.
Pros
Free Food
intern
As i was worked,it is very friendly enviornment for me,As well as the Mangament level employees are Very supportive.
learned new concepts in volvo production system.
Proud working there. Very good place to learn.
worked on the project :
 “To develop a method to Design and Validation of Front Under-run Protection Device (FUPD)”

• Develop a method to design different parameters of FUP (e.g. beam length, span, support & thickness) with simplified beam concept (e.g. cantilever beam, simply supported beam...).

• Develop a macro to calculate the dimensions of FUP as per the requirement and perform analytical calculation for load against deflection for simplified system.

• Model simplified FUP with calculated dimension in FEA tool (ANSA and NASTRAN); perform analysis to validate results with analytical calculations.
Streamlined
Well planned process, seniors are very helpful and tracking the development of project as well in person. Career growth prospects are in massive and can gain hands on experience.
My First Professional Experience
Its was my first Interaction to the professional world , and I was so much excited and full enthusiasm , The timings was from Morning 8 to evening 6, and because it was a newly setup site at Indore so
they require me to work on weekends too,

The Experience was great , got to test my skills , got to learn how to make things happen,

Undergone the training of Durr So-mach Filling Systems and its circuit Components , got to learn and see whole brake circuit, got to watch the assembling and and at the end of each day i find myself like in a new world of learning and playing with Technology,

Worked on conveyor control systems, bleeding analysis, time analysis for U-bolt via application of MOST, KT matrix, and othe decision making and problem solving skills

.I also proposed two changes one in clutch cylinder design and other in design of axle carrying trolly.

My last work was to help support department with the assembly line breakdown due to some unwanted reason and to do an In-depth minute to minute analysis for continuously 3 days

There was nothing like hardest part of the job its the sweetest pat of the job.

The work environment the people around me , the bosses, all were very cooperative , helped me a lot in many areas.

At last i was very much thank full for the Technical support executives, managers ,and all those people who helped me in each and every way which made my life`s first professional experience an awesome experience

Working with a german F1 engineer was the best part on my clutch circuit project.
Pros
a great learning experience one can have
Cons
sorry i ddnt found any