Verizon Employee Reviews in Bengaluru, Karnataka

Found 16 reviews matching the search See all 25,676 reviews
Good team with unfit leaders
Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaSeptember 18, 2018
Team had plenty of opportunities to grow big. But, team was put down by poor, incapable leaders. Not a surprise that the team is only going downwards.
Network Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  BangaloreSeptember 26, 2017
 To ensure any client processing tasks assigned are met according to requirements. Ownership as indicated by assignment in the Client Relations public task folder.
fun work place
Salesforce Developer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJune 8, 2017
This was my first opportunity
Allows you to develop new skills. Great employee benefits and allows you to further your education. Great environment for female employees too, I'd say almost 75% of management is female.
Excellent working environment, Supervisors are there to help you learn and apply from your mistakes. One on one coaching sessions for areas to improve, and areas you excel weekly basis help drastically
Very good place to work
Lead Consultant Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJanuary 20, 2017
Have more flexiblity in work hours.Manager is very supportive. State of Art equipment in Lab for bring-up and debug. Got opportunity to work with diversified team.
Accomplished and experienced Java Developer
Java\J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, IndiaOctober 13, 2016
After my normal routine of coffee and catching up on emails, the day begins, as every day at the office does, with a 15 minute stand -up meeting with the team. Then I start working on my application, code for a few hours, working on the backend portion of the feature like hibernate, Spring, JDBC. I also get some work in writing sql queries. I end up working on the incident tickets assigned to me.

What i learnt from my experience is good learning at different programming languages.When learning a language, I tried to learn the paradigm as much (if not more) than the syntax When learning something, start with the stuff you already know. Almost all languages have a for loop and conditional statements. I then got
comfortable with software architecture. I was able to have at least a basic discussion of every point end-to-end on how an application in the domain works, from a user action all the way to the database.
I made good friends with the team and by having open discussions, they can make your life much simpler.
The hardest part of the job was to gather the requirements from the client since the requirement was not clear and used to change very often.
The most enjoyable part of the job was Knowledge sessions that used to happen every week where all the team members come up with different ideas on the problem and have seminars on emerging technologies.
Work Pressure
Project Co-ordinator - Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaAugust 8, 2016
Coordination with people from different countries
how to manage with 2 manager in work pressure
Cooperative co-workers
getting the assignment done by the Network Engineers from different region
Contacts and get along with different cultural people
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
Worked for Verizon Client in Accenture, Work-Life balance was too Good.
Software Engg - Verizon Project, Accenture (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaJuly 14, 2016
Learned to work on multiple project simultaneously. (Parallel)
Opinions/Suggestions were readily taken into consideration and were implemented - Felt really good.
Work - Life balance was good.
Had fun events to know and interact with members of other teams.
mostly negative
Principal member technical staff (Former Employee) –  bangaloreJuly 11, 2016
chaotic work culture and tight bureaucracy obstructing the information flow across layers and hence creating friction in the operation of organization.
High Payers
Consultant - Project Management (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KANovember 15, 2015
Verizon is one of the high payers in the markets. Apart from that, they offer good work/life balance. Management is good enough but not a strong matrix organization. They are still a functional organization and are slowly adapting the matrix style of working.
Productive and healthy environment in company.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KAMarch 31, 2015
I feel to go on work everyday as i am enjoying the work here, because i learned so many things with regards to my work and helps me lot.
Good Company
Lead Consultant Engineer-Network Consulting (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, IndiaMarch 29, 2015
Its a wonderful company to work with, good social and working environment.
All colleagues, managers, management is good, offers a good package.
Productive & good to work as a team
Analyst(Testing) (Current Employee) –  bangalore,indiaMarch 7, 2014
Teammates are very supportive, working hours are very flexible
I have been working with Verizon as an sao Consultant for 1.8 years and then moved to Sony.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  BangaloreSeptember 22, 2013
I have been handling and guiding the team in the Verizon and was working as an SME in SAp Security
fun workplace.
ETL Developer (Mar'06 - Jul'07) (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, India July 8, 2013
- Had a great team to work & learn.
- Gained good insight on ETL tool & Data Masking capabilties.
First ever project in India of this kind.
Ethernet Provisioning or Design & Assign Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KANovember 19, 2012
This project is pilot process. So everything was new and unexplored. So we researched and found lot of good practices which are still followed in Verizon among Ethernet Provisioning team. With minimal support from ON Site Instructors, we excelled and generated value for Verizon.
Pros
pilot process so everything was unexplored.
Cons
long working hours and sometimes weekends to work.