Verizon
Verizon Employee Review

Not Recommended for women

August 15, 2017
work life balance is difficult. poor management unwanted pressure is put on employees Very old technology used Suitable for bachleors
October 13, 2016
Same role
Java\J2EE Developer (Former Employee) - Bangalore, India
After my normal routine of coffee and catching up on emails, the day begins, as every day at the office does, with a 15 minute stand -up meeting with the team. Then I start working on my application, code for a few hours, working on the backend portion of the feature like hibernate, Spring, JDBC. I also get some work in writing sql queries. I end up working on the incident tickets assigned to me. What i learnt from my experience is good learning at different programming languages.When learning a language, I tried to learn the paradigm as much (if not more) than the syntax When learning something, start with the stuff you already know. Almost all languages have a for loop and conditional statements. I then got comfortable with software architecture. I was able to have at least a basic discussion of every point end-to-end on how an application in the domain works, from a user action all the way to the database. I made good friends with the team and by having open discussions, they can make your life much simpler. The hardest part of the job was to gather the requirements from the client since the requirement was not clear and used to change very often. The most enjoyable part of the job was Knowledge sessions that used to happen every week where all the team members come up with different ideas on the problem and have seminars on emerging technologies.
September 17, 2015
Same role
Java Developer (Former Employee) - Hyderabad
No work-life balance. Excellent management . More Politics . New Technologies . Hectic Work . Work Pressure and Load . Good Co-Workers.
August 15, 2020
Same location
Member of Technical Staff (MTS) (Current Employee) - Chennai, Tamil Nadu
I enjoy my work at verizon, typical day starts with some business problems that you need to solve by coming up with solutions to it to enhance the customer experience.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
nothing
Official response from Verizon
August 18, 2020
Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying working with us. We value your input, and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us.