Verizon
Verizon Employee Review

Accomplished and experienced Java Developer

October 13, 2016
After my normal routine of coffee and catching up on emails, the day begins, as every day at the office does, with a 15 minute stand -up meeting with the team. Then I start working on my application, code for a few hours, working on the backend portion of the feature like hibernate, Spring, JDBC. I also get some work in writing sql queries. I end up working on the incident tickets assigned to me.

What i learnt from my experience is good learning at different programming languages.When learning a language, I tried to learn the paradigm as much (if not more) than the syntax When learning something, start with the stuff you already know. Almost all languages have a for loop and conditional statements. I then got

comfortable with software architecture. I was able to have at least a basic discussion of every point end-to-end on how an application in the domain works, from a user action all the way to the database.

I made good friends with the team and by having open discussions, they can make your life much simpler.

The hardest part of the job was to gather the requirements from the client since the requirement was not clear and used to change very often.

The most enjoyable part of the job was Knowledge sessions that used to happen every week where all the team members come up with different ideas on the problem and have seminars on emerging technologies.
August 15, 2017
Same role
Specialist - Java developer (Current Employee) - Chennai, Tamil Nadu
work life balance is difficult.
poor management

unwanted pressure is put on employees

Very old technology used

Suitable for bachleors
September 17, 2015
Same role
Java Developer (Former Employee) - Hyderabad
No work-life balance. Excellent management . More Politics . New Technologies . Hectic Work . Work Pressure and Load . Good Co-Workers.
May 1, 2020
Same location
Application Developer (Current Employee) - Bangalore, Karnataka
I am working in IBM as a application developer and my client is verizon.
I have no idea about the work environment at Verizon but as a client it is very good.