UnitedHealth Group Employee Reviews

Found 948 reviews matching the search See all 14,654 reviews
Good Company
Tech Lead (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaJanuary 21, 2019
Overall this company is good. Its combination of product and service based.

Good Perks.
Good Learning.
Wont get much opportunity to grow technically. If you want to grow from management side this is perfect company.
Onshore and offshore politics not give much scope to learn new things.
Indian teams are need to innovate good amount push from management in this area.
You need to work hard to get promotion its not so easy to get promotion.
Excellent work experience
Clinical Investigator (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaJanuary 29, 2019
Very healthy competitive and friendly work atmosphere, learned new things each and everyday.
Professionalism in work place culture,every one will be treated equally and management is very supportive and used to be friendly in every aspect.
The toughest part is healthy competition among employees that is equally enjoyable during work.
Pros
Quarterly lunches and outings
Cons
very short break timings
Perfect place for employee satisfaction in terms of growth as well as salary.
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaFebruary 6, 2019
One of the best company to work in Hyderabad. My overall experience was very good, learned a lot. Management is very supportive, always direct you to lead heights. Perfect place for employee satisfaction in terms of growth as well as salary.
Awarded several times for my work and among them awarded as Service Hero, got the chance go the US.
Very productive workspace
IT Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Up Ayala TechnohubJanuary 16, 2019
My expertise are mostly on the technical side. I have worked with several BPO companies over a decade. I specialize in handling IT Services, Technical Support and Customer Service. The skills that I have developed are generally for advanced troubleshooting. hardware-laptops, desktops, printers and networking devices. software-Microsoft Operating systems, Microsoft office, RSA VPN-Virtual Private Network and several in-house/client software. I am detail oriented when it comes to company processes. Integrity is what I always put in mind. Finding ways to resolve things logically is one thing I find very important not only through my work by also in my daily life. For me, there is always room for improvement. I am interested and looking forward to provide excellent service to my future clients.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
fulltime
Fun loving and competitive environment
Resolving Analyst, Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  HyderabadJanuary 23, 2019
I have worked as a Resolving Analyst, I have more than 2.5 years of experience. Competitive world with supportive team. Challenging environment to grow yourself. Allover I had a great experience in building a strong women being who can face all the challenges happily
Learning
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Noida, Uttar PradeshOctober 4, 2018
I have learnt a lot of things in UHG work atmosphere
By working there I learnt how to perform under pressure.
I have learnt team and time management.

The atmosphere is very much challenging and teachable, support is available on every requirement of office need.

Training and development section always try to upskill people in a great way, also they try to catch most people should be more skill full which helps to their promotions.
Pros
free pantry things, like coffee, tea, soups and biscuits.
Cons
extensive shifts.
Worst Company Cheating Company
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  IndiaSeptember 26, 2018
This is a cheating use and throw company. They recruit when they are in need and they terminate when they don't want.
Worst management. They don't have any technical knowledge except team management.
Lack of individual respect among colleagues as someone favorite of some Manager. So some colleagues acts like bosses.
Lack of knowledge on the project and technology tended to huge loss for the project financially and it went to -ve amounts and gave bad name and impression to UHG for the way of their business.
I do not recommend to anyone nor I am going to work here again.
Pros
Company's name as 6th largest position
Cons
Lack of decency in Management Team.
Productive and Fun work place
Pharma benefit analyst (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaDecember 19, 2018
"Ability to work from home assisting with work life balance"
"Which makes work-life balance a bit difficult"

"Which makes work-life balance a bit difficult"

"Health insurance for employees is bellow average for an insurance company whose business is precisely insurance"
My Experience in previous Company:
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaOctober 14, 2018
It's a great company that i really enjoyed at OGS. The management also very good supportive. And also leadership management also very good supportive whenever any kind of assistance required. Work environment is very nice when i compared to other fortune companies. Overall i had very great experience with OGS.
Cheap Politics and Groupism in every India leadership Portfolio.
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaSeptember 23, 2018
Great place to work if one is either Brilliant performer with exceptional Sales Skills or someone who can withstand and manage the Management with a Yes Always attitude.
Pros
Excellent Work Life Balance.
Cons
Growth purely depends on Manager and not the Performance, no system present to religiously evaluate performance.
Good company to work with
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Uttar PradeshNovember 25, 2018
Lots of opportunities to work in different areas. Good work Environment. Internal job transfer is quite easy, hence enhancing your knowledge and getting different work experience is quite possible in UHG.
Pros
Transport is free, Good Salary increments etc.
Cons
Shift timing is odd
Nice place to build your career
Senior Data Scientist (Former Employee) –  IndiaDecember 29, 2018
I have had a great experience in Optum (UHG). The company offers good work life balance and at par incentives. The management is focussed on leveraging new technology to better the existing processes.
Pros
cordial envirnment
Cons
too much process oriented
Excellent place in terms of employee engagement , fun filled workplace and good growth opportunities
Assistant Manager Operations (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad , IndiaSeptember 4, 2018
Every day is a new learning with handling new challenges. A place where you will learn new things at work a this has a dynamic culture.You will enjoy the work a lot as it is both professional and fun filled work place. Management is very supportive and provides a lot of helping tools and also provides a helping hand in learning new concepts.
The job security and the quality of work is best in UHG.
Claims Associate (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, ANDHRA PRADESH, INDecember 19, 2018
I have worked for more than two years with united heakth group. and there i have learned much of skills and profession knowledge from the United health group The job security and HR management was too good and highly appreciated.
One can have work life balance
QA Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaDecember 5, 2018
One can have work life balance.
Very good learning scope.
Company provides transport facility.
Flexible shift timings
Variable pay is more
Good for those having development back ground
Pros
One can have work life balance
Cons
Variable pay is more.
Optum - very bad in India
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Noida, Uttar PradeshAugust 27, 2018
They are misusing name of UHG, in India it's not UHG, it is Optum. Very poor company, not employee friendly at all.
Pathetic in all things.
Awards are paid from your variable pay , so you will never get it full. WFH available only to very few, privileged employees. you will never get a chance to travel onsite, only managers and directors travel.
If you get a promotion this year, next year they will take it back ! No. of seats is so less that many times, 2 employees sitting at one desk. Food is so costly & useless.
Pros
cabs only at night, in day there are buses, extremely bad transport. Parking only for managers.
Cons
Long working hours. Managers have zero technical knowledge, and will judge you on your clothes, not your performance.HR people here are most useless, helpless & powerless. Salary components u never get in full.
Fun workplace
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaSeptember 26, 2018
Nice Company but they deploy you on any project according to their requirement. There is no use of your skill set. But you can stand for yourself that please align me according to my interest.
Pros
Good company, Some managers are good some are strict
Cons
No value of your skill set, No value about of your interest
ok
Health Benefit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  HyderabadDecember 25, 2018
As pioneers in the tpa industry in India, it understand that the essence of insurance tpa is customer relationships based on unwavering trust, the kind of trust that assures our customers that their best interests are always kept in mind.
Professional Culture
Assistant Manager Finance and Accounts (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraSeptember 5, 2018
Experience- every day new , new challenges and learned a lot from seniors- e.g: To Analysis , Improvement in Communication.

Management is very professional.

Hardest part of the job - in one day i need to grasp billing module and proove myself in weeks time.

Enjoyable- I won Panja competition during Diwali festival
Peaceful work and Full fledged fun
Senior Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaOctober 4, 2018
Apart from Shift timings everything with United Health Group is the best company. Cab will be provided in two sides. Management is good. If they change the shift time then it would the best in Hyderabad.
Pros
No Free lunches
Cons
Long hours would be takes place when required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UnitedHealth Group. Our community is ready to answer.

54,162