United Nations Development Programme

United Nations Development Programme Employee Reviews

India27 reviews
I feel myself comfort to work in this organisation because they used to enhance the skill of their co-worker so that we can groom and grasp the knowledge.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations' global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Great people and company values are good. Salary and bonuses are ok once you move into leadership positions. Corporate organizational model is very different than more traditional models and hard to navigate. Takes a long time to get to understand how the business works.
I worked with UNDP India for 2 years as an IT specialist and find the true ample professionalism in the Organization. All employees are highly qualified and skilled.
Keep in mind that you need to make yourself useful here, and doing that is entirely up to you. I was able to work on a very interesting project by reaching out and being proactive.
Good opportunity to learn project management skills and interact with diverse stakeholders. The work culture is relaxed and you get a lot of opportunities to travel and meet other project staff.
Good work life balance . Quality is imbibed in work culture here. Management takes good care of its employees.I had made some very good friends here with whom I am still in contact even after leaving two years of job here.
Since my duty station was Ministry of Finance and not UNDP per se,my review pertains to the experience at the Ministry. We were hired by the UNDP as consultants to assist the Government of India in developing India's position on various G20 issues. The work culture was that of government ministry and not UNDP. I gained a lot of experience of dealing with various national and international organizations and engaging in issues for international negotiations. Though, UNDP's involvement in our professional experience at the behest of senior government officers would have been appreciated.
It was a great experience at United Nations. The exposure is altogether different from any private workplace and you get to know so much about working in the inner circles.
My internship with UNDP was a great learning experience as it opened the gateway of my interests in the development sector.
The work-life balance and job culture was amazing and my regional head was always a supportive and guiding figure.
I was worked with UNDP project under MP forest department and it was contractual job with government department . worked as small and medium scale enterprises development manager in forest villages.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
No job security
Nice place to work, rigorous job, a place much to learn from. Very supportive staff and i thoroughly enjoyed working here. They are under construction right now so not hiring any new staff as of now but i would love to work here again.
Pros
Free travelling and stays for out station field visits
Working for UNDP program at Indian Railways and coordinating with various stakeholders is a great experience. Interacting with top executives of various industry and help railways understand industry needs is always a big challenge.
Got to learn about various biodiversity related issue which are very important for the saftey of the earth. Visits to small villages of balaghat, hoshangabad and rewa districts were very informative.
Great opportunity of exposure and learning in the sustainable development and CSR sector
It pays really well across levels.You also get to do some meaningful work in global development.
However, there is no job security. They usually hire professionals for a specific project and a project has a certain life, beyond which staff is not required. However, if you are in Delhi, you may be absorbed in some other project but that's not certain. And in case you are in some other city and there is no live project, you have no option but to pack bags after project closure. But as they pay well, it doesn't hurt much.
Pros
Great Salary, Experience
Cons
No job stability
UNDP has an excellent work environment. It is very productive and focused work place. Provides immense opportunities for growth. Works closely with government agencies.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Excellent team with great implementation skill which roll out the program in short span of time in 12 states without compromising the quality aspect of the program.
Its a great experience to work under UNDP with such a wonderful team.Learned how to organise an event, finalize venue keeping in mind the company norms. I can take the responsibility of all the administrative works and accomplish them within the time frame given.I have to travel various places of Assam very frequently which is the hardest part of the job. But it is also quite enjoyable as I can see new places and meet new people.
Working with an internationally recognized work organisation gives you the much needed edge over the others. Working in close coordination on field lets you apply the project principles on ground.
Excellent place to work, learned Leadership, monitoring, evaluation, supervision and Govt Liasoning, administration. Prepare reports, Linking Medical and Public Health with Technology