United Nations Development Programme Employee Reviews

Great exposure to international negotiations and policy research
Programme Executive (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, IndiaOctober 12, 2018
Since my duty station was Ministry of Finance and not UNDP per se,my review pertains to the experience at the Ministry. We were hired by the UNDP as consultants to assist the Government of India in developing India's position on various G20 issues. The work culture was that of government ministry and not UNDP. I gained a lot of experience of dealing with various national and international organizations and engaging in issues for international negotiations. Though, UNDP's involvement in our professional experience at the behest of senior government officers would have been appreciated.
productive, great learning experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamApril 11, 2018
My internship with UNDP was a great learning experience as it opened the gateway of my interests in the development sector.
The work-life balance and job culture was amazing and my regional head was always a supportive and guiding figure.
good experience
MSME Manager (Former Employee) –  Sidhi, Madhya PradeshMarch 30, 2018
I was worked with UNDP project under MP forest department and it was contractual job with government department . worked as small and medium scale enterprises development manager in forest villages.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
No job security
Good workplace!
Major Project Internship (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiSeptember 26, 2017
Nice place to work, rigorous job, a place much to learn from. Very supportive staff and i thoroughly enjoyed working here. They are under construction right now so not hiring any new staff as of now but i would love to work here again.
Pros
Free travelling and stays for out station field visits
Working for UNDP program at Railways and coordinating with various stakeholders is a great experience
Individual Consultant (Current Employee) –  DelhiSeptember 14, 2017
Working for UNDP program at Indian Railways and coordinating with various stakeholders is a great experience. Interacting with top executives of various industry and help railways understand industry needs is always a big challenge.
Biodiversity informative
Finance Asst (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiJuly 17, 2017
Got to learn about various biodiversity related issue which are very important for the saftey of the earth. Visits to small villages of balaghat, hoshangabad and rewa districts were very informative.
International Intern
International Intern (Former Employee) –  New DelhiJune 29, 2017
Great opportunity of exposure and learning in the sustainable development and CSR sector
Good place to embellish your CV and get well paid
Technical Expert (Former Employee) –  Lucknow, Uttar PradeshMay 1, 2017
It pays really well across levels.You also get to do some meaningful work in global development.
However, there is no job security. They usually hire professionals for a specific project and a project has a certain life, beyond which staff is not required. However, if you are in Delhi, you may be absorbed in some other project but that's not certain. And in case you are in some other city and there is no live project, you have no option but to pack bags after project closure. But as they pay well, it doesn't hurt much.
Pros
Great Salary, Experience
Cons
No job stability
Productive and focused work place
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraMarch 30, 2017
UNDP has an excellent work environment. It is very productive and focused work place. Provides immense opportunities for growth. Works closely with government agencies.
Pros
Free Lunches
Excellent Planning Team
Project Officer-operation (Current Employee) –  Bihar Sharif, BiharMarch 12, 2017
Excellent team with great implementation skill which roll out the program in short span of time in 12 states without compromising the quality aspect of the program.
Good to work under UNDP
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamDecember 5, 2016
Its a great experience to work under UNDP with such a wonderful team.Learned how to organise an event, finalize venue keeping in mind the company norms. I can take the responsibility of all the administrative works and accomplish them within the time frame given.I have to travel various places of Assam very frequently which is the hardest part of the job. But it is also quite enjoyable as I can see new places and meet new people.
Good place to learn and grow.
Project Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  SindhudurgJuly 5, 2016
Working with an internationally recognized work organisation gives you the much needed edge over the others. Working in close coordination on field lets you apply the project principles on ground.
Project Officer (Current Employee) –  Kota, RajasthanJune 11, 2016
Excellent place to work, learned Leadership, monitoring, evaluation, supervision and Govt Liasoning, administration. Prepare reports, Linking Medical and Public Health with Technology
Professional Workplace
Program Executive (Former Employee) –  DelhiMay 31, 2016
Very systematic way of working

Work life Balance is present

Very less attended the UNDP office as the posting was not in UNDP office
Working on serious issues but not seriously...working with fun !
National Finance Specialist (Municipal) (Current Employee) –  Solan, Himachal Pradesh, IndiaJanuary 5, 2016
The working culture at UNDP is just like working with friends and family...working hard on serious issues but not seriously.working sincerely with fun.
job work is o k
District Resource Person (Former Employee) –  Srikakulam, APApril 22, 2015
early morning my team members sit in village rachchabanda,more village people coming to this place,so myteam is sit here.
we learn to topic of daesaster .cyclones is coming how is save your life and familys ,earning money,valueble daocuments.we suggest to when was coming cyclon's teach us.
this programme management by project director.
my co-workers very active persons.
every 15days stay in one village. shelters very problems in night time,this hardest part of the job.
villagers encorage to myside and we are go to villagers fishing of boat journy in sea shore.
Pros
free lanch of village head in house
UN Base Organisation
United Nations Development Project (Former Employee) –  Chennai, TNJanuary 10, 2014
UN Base support for Indian Operations for Ground Water resources.
We have arrange a game with volunteer during workshop program to analyse their mental Action
District Project Officer (Current Employee) –  Patna, IndiaOctober 23, 2012
I worked whole day for flood victim
I learned there is need of disaster management
Different volunteer were my co worker
Field survey is my hardest part of the job
Meeting with villagers
Pros
have lunch with villagers
Cons
care by people