Unilever Employee Reviews

good, aspirational culture
Trade Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, IndiaMay 23, 2018
glamorous and aspirational, yet at times unnecessarily aggressive. I am a bigger fan of the older Unilever culture, which i think has got significantly compromised and watered down over the past 10-15 years.
Productive & fun workplace
Global Supply Chain Program Manager (Former Employee) –  MumbaiApril 16, 2018
Good company to work. Awesome people. Productive line managers. Supporting staff. Good salary and health/other care benefits. Supportive line managers.
Enjoyable work environment
Application developer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, IndiaMarch 24, 2018
We had a good team, well coordinated. Work place culture was very good and had fun while working. Learnt about how team work is important to successfully complete the task.
Fun Work Place
Global Lead - Process Autopmation (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, IndiaFebruary 21, 2018
 A typical day at work - One or more of following activities –

 Conceptualizing the design for a large green/ brown field project coming anywhere in the globe;
 Organizing a training program in coordination with one or more of our global partners for (i) Unilever engineers or (ii) Our ESP Partners.
 Stakeholder Management – Internal and/ or external – Presenting/ Appraising to higher Management;
 Evaluation of a potential partner/ supplier for a Project and engaging into techno-commercial negotiations.
 Participating in one of the following Design Engg. review workshops for any of the on-going Projects involving people of different nationalities, culture and native languages –
o Site Master Planning & Plant Layout review
o Hygiene Review
o Sustainability review
o Constructability & Schedule review
o Value Engineering

 Conducting a virtual training session for 50+ odd participants from 20+ countries (all figures typical).
 Conducting a F2F training / workshop somewhere around the globe for typically 20+ participants representing various Clusters/ Countries (some time with real-time multi-lingual audio translations).
 Travelling – inter or cross-continent for attending to one or more of the above activities; or joining a telecom while waiting at one of the airport-lounges.
 Networking, facilitating/ arranging external help during commissioning/ crisis anywhere in the globe.
Pros
Lots of global travel
Cons
Long and odd timings to work
Worked with a partner organisation for unilever
Key Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Uttar PradeshFebruary 11, 2018
I was working with a redistributor and stockist organisation for unilever and was not directly recruited to Unilever. However the firm that I worked for had an amazing work culture
Great company to work with
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiFebruary 10, 2018
Unilever, let you be! I am not sure if there is any other organization that gives you the autonomy to try your ideas in real time, irrespective of how young or inexperienced you are. Once they have hired you they believe in your capabilities.
No defined lines of hierarchy - you can talk to and give your opinions to anyone, everyone in the organization.
Pros
healthcare, gym, leadership exposure, medical benefits.
Cons
slow pace of innovation, but i guess that is true about the entire CPG industry as a whole.
Bad management at unilever ETSC India
Finance executive (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaJanuary 15, 2018
Company is too good but employees are struggling due to lack of management sometimes and no work life balance, too much work pressure , overall good company and lot of learning experience
Good Environment
Marketing Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, IndiaJanuary 11, 2018
collaborative
good team
decision making takes time
good management
long commute
no work from home option
adaptability is high
good workplace
open door policy
Competitive & best in its class
Assistant SHE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raheem yar khan , PunjabJanuary 6, 2018
Unilever has a global foot print, it is a very competitive company . Every day its a struggle to achieve excellence. We worked every day to find better solutions for the people and the process.
Finance Executive - Supply Chian
Finance Executive (Current Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaDecember 19, 2017
Unilever is a great company to work with.
It has competitive pay structure but work life balance is a challenge at some point of time.
It gives good working environment and there is a scope of learning for every individual.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Long working hours and tight deadlines
My experience at unilever
Production Executive (Former Employee) –  INDecember 14, 2017
This is one of the best company to work with.I really learned a lot here about project management and manufacturing process. I also developed ability to work under pressure
Pros
Good salary and Job security
Job security good
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaDecember 12, 2017
Good work location. Fruits provided for free during mornibg.
Celebrationg every festival Wont have much guidelines
Mostly consultants.Permanent mostly managers.
Enjoying work
Advertising Executive (Former Employee) –  BiharDecember 1, 2017
To give knowledge about the products and the advantages of the popular products which is widely used in the rural areas is just like a good experience.
Pros
Journey in village life
Cons
Knowing about the rural life and challenges
Manufacturing Domain
Sr. Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  IndiaNovember 24, 2017
Working with BIG Client like Unilever will show you the way to work in smart way & handle the responsibilities in greater manner.Really helped out to pave my career path
Fun place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaNovember 20, 2017
Great place to work, Nice working environment. good exposure to different working culture. Must work in this organization at least once in your life time.
Pros
Coffee, Tea, Milk, Fruits and Cabs
BAD Experience
Management Consultant - Future Finance (Current Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, KarnatakaNovember 16, 2017
Not a good experience.. Leadership is lost in terms of what is required.. Not very clear vision.. Specifically Future finance leadership.. Pushing deadlines when the solution is not even ready.. Bad planning..
Eureka forbes
Field Coordinator In eureka forbes (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraNovember 7, 2017
Hi i am shailendra singh from palghar maharastra, i had start work in eureka forbes since july 2015..
In eureka forbes my position was field coach..
I was giving training of all electrical product of technician..
Pros
Not
Cons
Not
Lots of opportunities and lots of interaction
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaNovember 6, 2017
Worked with global teams on so many different projects. Get to work with some of the best minds and a huge array of brands - so there is a lot to absorb. Never a dearth of activities to do; always engaged.
gfreat company with benefits,
Manager Food Services for the Concentrated Sauce (Former Employee) –  indiaNovember 5, 2017
the best company to work for. one of the most ethical fair and proper working culture.
it is a company where one will like to retire from. Was not able to work long with them due to my personal circumstanced.
I always try to keep a positive attitude to show how much I enjoy my job. Every day I come to work with a smile on my face. I am constantly congratula
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaOctober 16, 2017
I am constantly congratulating others on their successes. When others need encouragement, I try and motivate them to keep improving.