Teach For India Employee Reviews

Great place to learn
Associate - Human Resource and City Operations (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaJune 7, 2018
One of the strengths of TFI is their focus on training and upskilling their employees. Learning is an integral part of life at Teach For India. You are allowed to own your learning experience.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Work life balance
Not a great place to work
Manager, Organizational Effectiveness (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraMay 1, 2018
Teach For India offers work with a purpose. Unfortunately that motivation and energy can be sapped when you're working here. There are clear favorites, and decisions are made based on their feelings and reflections. Don't step on any toes, and polish your grad school application while you're here. That's the only thing it truly accomplishes
Great working with them
Volunteer Teaching (Former Employee) –  MumbaiMarch 28, 2018
i was only there as part of my college internship.
I enjoyed working there.
We taught the under privileged children who didn't quite have access to resources.
Pros
Free Lunches
Great!
Fellow (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraMarch 27, 2018
This was a fantastic and the most challenging experience for me. There was a lot of learning too. The management is exceptional. The most enjoyable part of the job was to spend time in the classroom with Grade 2 kids.
teaching experience
Teaching Faculty (Former Employee) –  jammu and kashmirDecember 18, 2017
I m a good teacher. I had ano interest and main aim of life to serve nation as my best afford it want to put my 100% to serve my nation with hardwork and devotions.
A fun place to work!
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New DelhiNovember 6, 2017
An organization with a mission! Excellent mentors, co-workers and management. I was a fresher with next to no experience and I learn a lot-both from my seniors and co-workers. Highly recommended!
Pros
Satisfaction, Good mentors and co-workers
Cons
Stubborn students, Occasional interference by school authorities
Informative but not so useful
Expansion Intern (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, IndiaSeptember 30, 2017
The culture of the job was welcoming enough, but the work being done there felt somewhat out of touch with the requirements of Bangalore-area schools. Many teachers and administrators in the area seemed to resent the structure and process that the organisation adhered to.
Review
Fellow (2nd Grade Class Teacher) (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraAugust 28, 2017
TFI is a good organisation to work for if you are you looking to enter the development world via the education sector. Worked along side some really interesting people.
Skillful
Fellow/School Leadership (Former Employee) –  Pune, IndiaAugust 18, 2017
Understood critical areas of problems from a different angle. Tried and tested various management and technical tools for visible outcome. Worked with peer group with complete synergy.
Pros
Leadership skills
Cons
Organisation support
Great Place to learn and work
Fellow (Former Employee) –  Ahmedabad, GujaratJuly 10, 2017
Teach for India taught me that teaching is leadership. My understanding of universe has become stronger and I have become more humble than before. I now don't judge others and I can separate people from their actions.
Pros
Rich experience
Cons
Less money
Teacher/Fellow
Fellow (Former Employee) –  Ahmedabad, GujaratJune 19, 2017
Excellent place to work for those who have their hearts in the right place. The work in itself is quite challenging, but the overall experience is worth it, especially if you love teaching and enjoy being around children/youth. They make the whole process even more fulfilling.
Pros
Autonomy, driven vision, open to feedback, strong sense of possibility
Cons
Lack of training
The most fulfilling job.
Full-time Volunteer, Rani Sati Municipal School (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJune 8, 2017
Here, youre working with a bunch of highly qualified and talented individuals working toward the betterment of low income students. The volunteer / fellowship is something every individuals must experience. It changed your worldview and also gives one the opportunity to contribute toward changing the education system one school at a time. :)
Quite challenging task
Teaching Fellow (Current Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraMay 22, 2017
Pushes you to develop your personality
Quite an exhausting day each day
lovely to be serving kids
hardest part is-maintaining quality along with consistency;
Pros
serving kids everyday
Fun workplace
India, Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraApril 29, 2017
This was part of my voluntary work where i was in charge for coordinating with different teachers and organizing field trips for children.Overall it is a good experience.
Lively atmosphere
Volunteer to teachers (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraApril 26, 2017
First experience of working with children.
It was great to not only teach them academics but also extra curricular's like stage performance and sports.
Pros
Free lunches
Teaching can be fun.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiApril 8, 2017
Volunteering for Teach For India was an experience in itself. I taught underprivledged kids. The experience taught me to be selfless and helped me know my true self. It helped me become more patient and empathetic in life.
Pros
be with kids, flexible timings, back to school
Cons
some kids need personal attention
An experience of a lifetime
Fellow (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaMarch 26, 2017
This is an ideal organisation to work for. Professional yet touches your heart. You will have amazing yet caring managers who will push you to step out of your comfort zone and achieve your dreams.

Motivation, support and opportunities is what defines Teach for India
Pros
Everything about the fellowship
Cons
NOthing I can think of
good place to start discovering your career paths
Fellow (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, IndiaMarch 23, 2017
This is very similar to Teach for America but is based in India. It provides you with a good outlook of world outside your box and makes you think of the various career paths you would like to take.
Dynamic and self driven work culture
Fellow (Current Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiMarch 22, 2017
Only passionate people who want to bring positive change in society can survive Teach For India fellowship. It has been one of the most rewarding job I have ever been in.
Teach for India is a very friendly workplace that promotes a lot of personal growth inorder to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the organi
Fellow (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraMarch 9, 2017
A typical day at work looks like a lot of field work at the school and community. I have learned a lot about the education system in India and about how the low-income schools operate in India. The management at Teach for India is very approachable and promotes open communication. The hardest part of the job is juggling between the responsibilities of Teach for India as a Fellow and the responsibilities of a school as an educator. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get opportunities to interact with and educate 40 little humans and find a lot of purpose in the job that you are doing.