Teach For India Employee Reviews

fun work place
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  mumbaiFebruary 4, 2019
the workplace is excellent. the finance team was super cofortable and helpul to worlk with.the mission and vision of the company is was motivated me to work for this ngo.
A productive, fun and a very challenging workplace.
Fellow (Former Employee) –  New DelhiJanuary 13, 2019
A typical day at work includes waking up at around 5 in the morning, revising and going through the day's plans. Reaching the school that is assigned to you at around 7 in the morning. Setting up the class, meeting the parents and talking to them about their child's progress and attendance. Convincing them that it is better to send their kids to school than to have them sitting at home and taking care of their siblings or doing the household chores. Addressing the school and motivating the teachers, parents, students and even ourselves.
Start teaching from 8;30 AM to 2:00 PM. During that time period you execute the lesson plans you have made the night before. See what went right and what you could have done better. After the school ends you meet your program manager and get your plans reviewed for the next day. After that you go to work on the other projects that you are working on which may be with your peers or on your own like a community center for the students. You manage it in every way possible from managing the financials to managing the staff and keeping the place running. Most of the time you and your friends are the staff along with some parents of some students that you teach. Once you are done with this you go for your training sessions where you are taught new and effective ways to teach and combat situations that may arise during the same. After a hard day's work you go back home relax a bit and start planning for the next day.
Some of the things that I learnt from working at Teach For India are:
1.Management skills,
2.How
  more... to work under extreme pressure,
3.Time management,
4. Planning and execution techniques,
5. How to interact with various stakeholders and convince them that your ideas will work
6. Coming up with various techniques and ideas to maximize your efficiency.
7. People skills ( Verbal and written)
8. Public speaking skills ( motivational speaker)
9. Multitasking and etc.

The management is well planned with a proper hierarchy in place.
It is a lovely place to work at, you will meet different people and learn things that you cannot at other places at once.

Nothing is easy about the job but it is extremely fulfilling and at the end of the day all the hardships that you face , all the up's and down's are worth it.
Pros
Access and Exposure, You will get to meet really amazing people and do really amazing things.
Cons
Uncertain hours, Low salary
it was a fellowship program for 2 years
Initiated Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ahmedabad, GujaratOctober 23, 2018
I worked with low income schools of Ahmedabad,India. It was a permanent job and I was responsible for making changes to the curriculum, following up students progress and creating appropriate lesson plans for their advancements. Also initiated fund raisers to help the school raise money for the classroom and supplies for the school.
Pros
social work, making a difference, great work environment, working with like minded people.
Cons
extremely time consuming and less pay than would suffice.
A fun place to work with a lot of learning and opportunities for personal growth
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ahmedabad, GujaratOctober 8, 2018
I still remember my day one, when I entered my school apprehensive and the way I was treated by few students who immediately came towards me to give me a helping hand to carry my belongings. That day on wards, each day I feel excited to go to school and meet my bunch of school students everyday as they form the reason and motivate me throughout to keep my journey on.

My vision for them lies in a famous proverb said for ‘Traveling’ : It leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller. Likewise I want my students to shape their vision for life that would help them to create the best stories for their life. I would want them to embody values such as compassion, passion for work, be responsible, show love and care for each other and help them grow as good citizens for tomorrow.

I have visualized immense growth and investment in the students toward their studies and class values from past year. I believe that education has to be holistic which includes many other activities like learning with sports, music, dance, arts etc. For this I conduct art attack session every Saturday where they get the chance to explore different areas of learning and teaching like, making best out of waste, dance, sports etc.

I want to continue to explore more paths and give the best options to my students for progress. This journey has given me challenges and the grit to overcome it and transform myself towards leadership in educational equity.
Pros
Reimbursement of expenses made for children
Life changing experience
FELLOW (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraAugust 2, 2018
Teach for India had a very unique work culture. The organization is open minded and new ideas are encouraged. High work ethics and opportunity to grow professionally is abundant.
Pros
great culture, best training, plenty of opportunities
Cons
Way too much work, limited remuneration
Purpose driven
Fellow (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaJuly 1, 2018
Satisfactory, you only join TFI if you are driven to bring about a change yourself. It's a very challenging job that requires your full 24 hours. Don't join if you want a smooth sailing work life.
Fellow (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraJune 20, 2018
One can network a lot while in Teach For India. Great place if you really want to do something for the society. People are helpful and stay in touch to help you in future.
Great place to learn
Associate - Human Resource and City Operations (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaJune 7, 2018
One of the strengths of TFI is their focus on training and upskilling their employees. Learning is an integral part of life at Teach For India. You are allowed to own your learning experience.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Work life balance
Not a great place to work
Manager, Organizational Effectiveness (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraMay 1, 2018
Teach For India offers work with a purpose. Unfortunately that motivation and energy can be sapped when you're working here. There are clear favorites, and decisions are made based on their feelings and reflections. Don't step on any toes, and polish your grad school application while you're here. That's the only thing it truly accomplishes
Great working with them
Volunteer Teaching (Former Employee) –  MumbaiMarch 28, 2018
i was only there as part of my college internship.
I enjoyed working there.
We taught the under privileged children who didn't quite have access to resources.
Pros
Free Lunches
Great!
Fellow (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraMarch 27, 2018
This was a fantastic and the most challenging experience for me. There was a lot of learning too. The management is exceptional. The most enjoyable part of the job was to spend time in the classroom with Grade 2 kids.
teaching experience
Teaching Faculty (Former Employee) –  jammu and kashmirDecember 18, 2017
I m a good teacher. I had ano interest and main aim of life to serve nation as my best afford it want to put my 100% to serve my nation with hardwork and devotions.
A fun place to work!
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New DelhiNovember 6, 2017
An organization with a mission! Excellent mentors, co-workers and management. I was a fresher with next to no experience and I learn a lot-both from my seniors and co-workers. Highly recommended!
Pros
Satisfaction, Good mentors and co-workers
Cons
Stubborn students, Occasional interference by school authorities
Informative but not so useful
Expansion Intern (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, IndiaSeptember 30, 2017
The culture of the job was welcoming enough, but the work being done there felt somewhat out of touch with the requirements of Bangalore-area schools. Many teachers and administrators in the area seemed to resent the structure and process that the organisation adhered to.
Review
Fellow (2nd Grade Class Teacher) (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraAugust 28, 2017
TFI is a good organisation to work for if you are you looking to enter the development world via the education sector. Worked along side some really interesting people.
Skillful
Fellow/School Leadership (Former Employee) –  Pune, IndiaAugust 18, 2017
Understood critical areas of problems from a different angle. Tried and tested various management and technical tools for visible outcome. Worked with peer group with complete synergy.
Pros
Leadership skills
Cons
Organisation support
Great Place to learn and work
Fellow (Former Employee) –  Ahmedabad, GujaratJuly 10, 2017
Teach for India taught me that teaching is leadership. My understanding of universe has become stronger and I have become more humble than before. I now don't judge others and I can separate people from their actions.
Pros
Rich experience
Cons
Less money
Teacher/Fellow
Fellow (Former Employee) –  Ahmedabad, GujaratJune 19, 2017
Excellent place to work for those who have their hearts in the right place. The work in itself is quite challenging, but the overall experience is worth it, especially if you love teaching and enjoy being around children/youth. They make the whole process even more fulfilling.
Pros
Autonomy, driven vision, open to feedback, strong sense of possibility
Cons
Lack of training
The most fulfilling job.
Full-time Volunteer, Rani Sati Municipal School (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJune 8, 2017
Here, youre working with a bunch of highly qualified and talented individuals working toward the betterment of low income students. The volunteer / fellowship is something every individuals must experience. It changed your worldview and also gives one the opportunity to contribute toward changing the education system one school at a time. :)
Quite challenging task
Teaching Fellow (Current Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraMay 22, 2017
Pushes you to develop your personality
Quite an exhausting day each day
lovely to be serving kids
hardest part is-maintaining quality along with consistency;
Pros
serving kids everyday