Teach For India

Teach For India Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Pune Maharashtra, IndiaDecember 3, 2019
Working in a Non- Government organisation is fun as you get to see how the other half of the world lives. My job was mainly to teach the underprivileged children until the 10th grade. Teaching them subjects like- Science, Maths, Language (English, Hindi, Marathi), History, Geography, Art & Craft. The objective was to bring up the level of government education in India via an NGO (Teach for India) to the convent school level.
Culture based organization
Manager Finance & Accounts (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraNovember 30, 2019
It is a very encouraging environment at Teach for India. Everybody works at Teach for India for self-satisfaction and It provides a very open culture
It was an incredible experience
fellow (Former Employee) –  Ahmedabad, GujaratNovember 29, 2019
It might seem to an applicant that the fellowship is intended to give you an experience of teaching in a classroom, but my learnings were not limited to teaching but very holistic which helped me to understand the challenges of the education system, all the while enabling me to take on those challenges.
Productive work place
Fellow (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiNovember 27, 2019
The internal team does not influence the work much. The days are packed as the first half is engaged in the school and second half in community engagement.
Productive but conservative and corporate setup
Campaign Leader (Former Employee) –  DelhiOctober 30, 2019
Though I am unsure if it was just my team manager who was bad at her management or its the whole of Teach For India team culture, I would recommend not to get too flustered by the big name as from inside its still the same, however revolutionary it might project itself.
Great place to learn, poor work life balance
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaSeptember 25, 2019
The culture is great, the people are great and are very passionate about bringing about change. There is an enormous scope for learning and growth so would totally recommend it to young people starting off in their careers but for mid career professionals who want to have a good work life balance and focus on your family as well as your career this may not be a great place.
Just by virtue of the kind of work they do, it is hard, challenging and exciting and consumes a large part of your work and personal life
Life-Changing Experience!
Teaching Fellow (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiAugust 28, 2019
Teach for India lets an individual develop personally and professionally by providing effective training, guidance and support.
The culture of the organization is very positive and friendly.
The learnings would be immense!
If you are looking to work on yourself and work with multiple stakeholders at the same time, to solve challenges at a grassroot level, then this is a great platform for you!
Extremely rewarding and challenging workplace
Recruitment Intern (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduJune 13, 2019
Working as a HR intern at TFI was one of the most rewarding experiences ever. You get a chance to meet and talk to incredibly inspiring people from all walks of life who are driven to make a social impact. My public speaking skills were honed during my time at TFI.
Good ngo
Good NGO with dedicated volunteers. Those interested in utilizing their Saturday mornings and spend time with children can join this NGO . This NGO is organised and I think you will enjoy working with them
Amazing work place
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaMarch 2, 2019
Volunteering for Teach for India was one of the best decisions I made as a Grad student. Being able to teach and interact with young children and understanding their way of life was just so amazing.
fun work place
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  mumbaiFebruary 4, 2019
the workplace is excellent. the finance team was super cofortable and helpul to worlk with.the mission and vision of the company is was motivated me to work for this ngo.
A productive, fun and a very challenging workplace.
Fellow (Former Employee) –  New DelhiJanuary 13, 2019
A typical day at work includes waking up at around 5 in the morning, revising and going through the day's plans. Reaching the school that is assigned to you at around 7 in the morning. Setting up the class, meeting the parents and talking to them about their child's progress and attendance. Convincing them that it is better to send their kids to school than to have them sitting at home and taking care of their siblings or doing the household chores. Addressing the school and motivating the teachers, parents, students and even ourselves.
Start teaching from 8;30 AM to 2:00 PM. During that time period you execute the lesson plans you have made the night before. See what went right and what you could have done better. After the school ends you meet your program manager and get your plans reviewed for the next day. After that you go to work on the other projects that you are working on which may be with your peers or on your own like a community center for the students. You manage it in every way possible from managing the financials to managing the staff and keeping the place running. Most of the time you and your friends are the staff along with some parents of some students that you teach. Once you are done with this you go for your training sessions where you are taught new and effective ways to teach and combat situations that may arise during the same. After a hard day's work you go back home relax a bit and start planning for the next day.
Some of the things that I learnt from working at Teach For India are:
1.Management skills,
2.How
  more... to work under extreme pressure,
3.Time management,
4. Planning and execution techniques,
5. How to interact with various stakeholders and convince them that your ideas will work
6. Coming up with various techniques and ideas to maximize your efficiency.
7. People skills ( Verbal and written)
8. Public speaking skills ( motivational speaker)
9. Multitasking and etc.

The management is well planned with a proper hierarchy in place.
It is a lovely place to work at, you will meet different people and learn things that you cannot at other places at once.

Nothing is easy about the job but it is extremely fulfilling and at the end of the day all the hardships that you face , all the up's and down's are worth it.
Pros
Access and Exposure, You will get to meet really amazing people and do really amazing things.
Cons
Uncertain hours, Low salary
it was a fellowship program for 2 years
Initiated Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ahmedabad, GujaratOctober 23, 2018
I worked with low income schools of Ahmedabad,India. It was a permanent job and I was responsible for making changes to the curriculum, following up students progress and creating appropriate lesson plans for their advancements. Also initiated fund raisers to help the school raise money for the classroom and supplies for the school.
Pros
social work, making a difference, great work environment, working with like minded people.
Cons
extremely time consuming and less pay than would suffice.
A fun place to work with a lot of learning and opportunities for personal growth
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Ahmedabad, GujaratOctober 8, 2018
I still remember my day one, when I entered my school apprehensive and the way I was treated by few students who immediately came towards me to give me a helping hand to carry my belongings. That day on wards, each day I feel excited to go to school and meet my bunch of school students everyday as they form the reason and motivate me throughout to keep my journey on.

My vision for them lies in a famous proverb said for ‘Traveling’ : It leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller. Likewise I want my students to shape their vision for life that would help them to create the best stories for their life. I would want them to embody values such as compassion, passion for work, be responsible, show love and care for each other and help them grow as good citizens for tomorrow.

I have visualized immense growth and investment in the students toward their studies and class values from past year. I believe that education has to be holistic which includes many other activities like learning with sports, music, dance, arts etc. For this I conduct art attack session every Saturday where they get the chance to explore different areas of learning and teaching like, making best out of waste, dance, sports etc.

I want to continue to explore more paths and give the best options to my students for progress. This journey has given me challenges and the grit to overcome it and transform myself towards leadership in educational equity.
Pros
Reimbursement of expenses made for children
Life changing experience
FELLOW (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraAugust 2, 2018
Teach for India had a very unique work culture. The organization is open minded and new ideas are encouraged. High work ethics and opportunity to grow professionally is abundant.
Pros
great culture, best training, plenty of opportunities
Cons
Way too much work, limited remuneration
Purpose driven
Fellow (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaJuly 1, 2018
Satisfactory, you only join TFI if you are driven to bring about a change yourself. It's a very challenging job that requires your full 24 hours. Don't join if you want a smooth sailing work life.
Fellow (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraJune 20, 2018
One can network a lot while in Teach For India. Great place if you really want to do something for the society. People are helpful and stay in touch to help you in future.
Great place to learn
One of the strengths of TFI is their focus on training and upskilling their employees. Learning is an integral part of life at Teach For India. You are allowed to own your learning experience.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Work life balance
Not a great place to work
Manager, Organizational Effectiveness (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraMay 1, 2018
Teach For India offers work with a purpose. Unfortunately that motivation and energy can be sapped when you're working here. There are clear favorites, and decisions are made based on their feelings and reflections. Don't step on any toes, and polish your grad school application while you're here. That's the only thing it truly accomplishes
Great working with them
Volunteer Teaching (Former Employee) –  MumbaiMarch 28, 2018
i was only there as part of my college internship.
I enjoyed working there.
We taught the under privileged children who didn't quite have access to resources.
Pros
Free Lunches