Tata Steel Employee Reviews

Excellent organisation
Draughtsman (Former Employee) –  JamshedpurMay 12, 2018
I am proud to work in TATA STEEL for long 20 Yrs. I got the opportunity to work in the engineering division in TATA STEEL.
I learn lot of software language from here. TATA STEEL also send me for training for out of Jamshedpur for my up lifment.
Pros
Free Medical
Cons
Very good Safety tractice
Flexible and exciting
Embedded Systems Intern (Former Employee) –  indiaMay 7, 2018
An exciting and fun loving place to work at. Excellent organisation and intern induction program. The engineers are brillant their job and strive to learn continually. The teams are assigned as per your field of interest. Amazing place to get started at.
Fantastic company
Senior Manager- Technology Division (Former Employee) –  Tarapur, MaharashtraMay 6, 2018
I spent more than eight years with Tata Steel. The company provides immense learning opportunity as well as provide one of the best salaries in the industry
Passion and Knowledge driven company
Manager-Projects (Former Employee) –  Jajpur, IndiaApril 29, 2018
A great place to work, especially for work life balance. Excellent leadership and management at all levels. Its an experience employees relish. Great family benefits , great value to employees time. One can get an overall view of the business working here. Pay is competitive. Career advancement is competitive but definitely promising with good work. Great encouragement to sport and other activities apart from work.Good luck!
Pros
Work Life Balance, employee benefits
Cons
Things get bit slow sometimes.
A great place were you can grow your practical knowledge
Intern (Former Employee) –  JharkhandApril 21, 2018
It was a very good experience at Tata Steel. A place were you can increase your practical knowledge and a lot to learn under pressure and efficiently.
Huge opportunity
mechanical supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jajpur, OrissaApril 13, 2018
Tata steel,jajpur is a very good place and unit to work at and it is one of the biggest production unit of Tata steel. I have worked there as a supervisor when its construction work was going on. I have a very good and fun experience there with my fellow staffs and labours working under me.
Pros
Huge learning scope
Cons
Contractual job
Fun Workplace
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, IndiaApril 5, 2018
You are expected to work a lot, but you learn a lot as well. Managers are very demanding but fair, and your contributions are noted as well. I would certainly recommend it to a friend.
Good Experiance
Area Sales Officer (Current Employee) –  Raipur, ChhattisgarhApril 3, 2018
Tata steel is a very good company and also great achivement, i also feel the great success of my life at tata steel ltd and i am also impressed with this company
Pros
good timing
Cons
nice System
A fun place to work
India, Manager mechanical maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bhubaneshwar, OrissaMarch 26, 2018
Tata Steel is a great place to work, especially for new entrees. The year-long extensive training programs allow us in the gradual transition from college life to corporate life. It also arms us with necessary skills needed for managing various activities.
Avergae
(outsource) as Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Jamshedpur, JharkhandMarch 22, 2018
I thinck this is heckle to job seekers and professional.
It should not be mandatory.until unless taking too time. My self also bother me to define my self .
Productive and fun workplace
Trainee (Former Employee) –  JamshedpurMarch 17, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with good work culture. Good and co operative workers who have got a lot to teach. The training courses that they provide is also good.
Fun workplace with all facilities but work load high
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  INMarch 11, 2018
Good company to work in but only the placement was in Jamshedpur and in India.very big and extensive opportunity for learning and growing and good work culture.but a little high volume of work which is good but wages not competitive in global market.
Fun at Work
Intern Trainee (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, JharkhandMarch 7, 2018
It was a place where the work culture was great and was fun at work. I had lot opportunity to learn during my tenure with the Tata Steel

It was a vast project with lot of learning
Good Company to Work
Design and Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, JharkhandFebruary 13, 2018
Middle management is unable to be fair and and doesnot like to work fair just like in Public sector culture of India.They more non technical than technical and are rewarded also.The company is although not run by them but they create negative impact about the company to work.
So supportive seniors
Asst. Manager- Safety (Current Employee) –  Jajpur, OrissaFebruary 10, 2018
Awesome, missing those days at Tata Steel. All the staffs are friendly & helpful. Culture is too good. Best for future exposure. Facilities are awesome.05 Days a week is best for an employee to work.
Pros
Cons
09 hours
production will be improve for our side
Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  JharkhandJanuary 30, 2018
i will be hard work in company and i improve the work .it is the good company our thought because of my family workef in tata company inmore than 50 years
Excellent Work culture and Employees satisfaction.
Electrical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, JharkhandJanuary 25, 2018
TATA STEEL is 150 years a company and has made several journey. Work culture and work environment are so excellent that it can not be compare with other company. Tata steel is not a company but it is a family . So TATA is called a Tata family.
Over all company ia a excellent.
Good Indian Company to work in
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur IndiaJanuary 14, 2018
They provide extensive training to perform but promotion policy is not
satisfying as there is no multicultural workforce and team especially at the manager's levels which encourages favouritism over merit and hard work.
good company
operations (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraDecember 20, 2017
tata bluesope is a good company to work for. 9-10 hours work per week and good senior management. Better work life balance but salaries not as high as tech companies
Productive yet not so fun to work
Officer (Current Employee) –  Jamshedpur, JharkhandNovember 29, 2017
Daily work is filled in with lot of eventualities rather than say challenges. Dealing with ambiguity is much needed quality to perform such jobs daily. Management seems to have good vision but the process or the path to reach or achieve it isn't much converging towards it. Team support is very much high and in way ensures the target on track. Managing the manpower is the hardest part along with the available resources.
Pros
good capitalistic approach
Cons
guideline or roadmap to achieve the target still to evolve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Steel. Our community is ready to answer.