Tata Steel Employee Reviews

Friendly environment , flexible timing and encouraging new ideas and take guidance for process improvements .
SAP System and Accounts Executive (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaAugust 14, 2018
Friendly environment , flexible timing and encouraging new ideas and take guidance for process improvements & right plat form to showcase our talent to have career growth .
Pros
Good allowances, flexible timing
Cons
Summary
Manager IT (Former Employee) –  KolkataAugust 10, 2018
It is one of the best companies one can work for. However, promotion chances are less and the work culture is little slow. The company is great for employee benefits but if you wish growth then its not the right place.
Pros
Discounts for vacation trips
Cons
Less flexibility
Great company
Manager shift operations (Former Employee) –  JharkhandJuly 29, 2018
Very good culture and legacy of the company. People have been associated with the company for generations and still are benefitted from the numerous initiatives.
good job culture
site safety officer (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, JharkhandJuly 25, 2018
good safety culture to develop my self and how to handle emergency condition and conducted mock drills,accident investigation and equipment inspection as legal requirement.
productive
Sr.Manager Safety (Current Employee) –  Jamshedpur, JharkhandJuly 21, 2018
1- the day when i worked for CSMS audit for 24 hours .

2- CSMS AUDIT
3- Management was Cooperative.
4- Working during Summer Season .
5- when we achieve Star rating for my company .
Pros
mobile free, vehicle provided by company
Cons
nothing
a very good place to learn,experiment and deliver.work life balance is added advantage.
Head, Raw Material Procurement (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, JharkhandJuly 9, 2018
I was recruited vide campus placement and having joined the company,I opted to stay back,superannuating finally on 1st Jan 2018 after 37 years and 5 months of service.
The company has enlightened management practices,provides good learning ambience,gives responsibility and expects delivery from you.A very good city infrastructure(of course,managed by the company) adds to superior work life balance.
what finally tilts the scale in company's favour is its ethical practices and the respectful image it carries in society and within business enterprise.
i have enjoyed my stint with the company and have no hesitation in recommending others to join it.
Pros
city infrastructure, company image, learning opportunities
Cons
payouts are not at the best in the country and at times, the place has growth limitations.
tough
Project Management (Former Employee) –  hyderabadJuly 2, 2018
It was really tough to work, with in the team... it was a quite a short term with them , the commitment they gave before joining was never provided it was not satisfying for me
Internship Experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, JharkhandJune 30, 2018
Work culture and Management are one of the best. Every day was most enjoyable. Good environment to learn and work.
Work experience heavily relies on the guide.Working hours are from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, 5 days a week which is subjected to change depending on the guide allotted to you. Work is not very hectic and is easily manageable.
Pros
Good environment to learn new things
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Boisar, MaharashtraJune 19, 2018
Good company, very punctual and productive,
Manpower shortage problem every time, work culture is very good, workers are very friendly, services like food and travel is good.
very friendly work culture
Principal Researcher (Former Employee) –  JharkhandJune 15, 2018
I found the place is very good for research. senior management provides required facilities and also give freedom to take risk. Lower management is also supportive.

Want to know more about Tata Steel?

Ask a question
Tata Steel - a Company with a human heart
Head Human Resources (Former Employee) –  JharkhandJune 12, 2018
One thing that stands out for Tata Steel is its foresightedness. it is a 111 years old Company and has evolved with the times.A typical work day will be very hectic with meetings/ phone calls and meeting employees. Learning is a daily affair.You learn to be a team player and to think up solutions to the problems thrown at you.Management is very supportive and gives you a lot of opportunity for decision making. Tata Steel has a unique culture.You need to get absorbed in it.With rapid automation it has become a system driven Company.The hardest part of your job is that it is never over.With downsizing the pressure on officers is ever increasing.The most enjoyable part is the Rewards and Recognition that makes your day/week/year
Satisfactory
TATA STEEL LIMITED (Current Employee) –  Kalinganagar , OrissaMay 24, 2018
Satisfactory job work wise . Management good for workers. Safety priority is the main part of company. Working culture is good in company. Medical facilities for all employees.
CRM Executive (Former Employee) –  Benson Town, KarnatakaMay 15, 2018
It was good working,,, learned a lot of things... atmosphere was good
there was team work... management was also very helpfull....Got lot of contracts eg: ITC in my period
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sometimes late
Excellent organisation
Draughtsman (Former Employee) –  JamshedpurMay 12, 2018
I am proud to work in TATA STEEL for long 20 Yrs. I got the opportunity to work in the engineering division in TATA STEEL.
I learn lot of software language from here. TATA STEEL also send me for training for out of Jamshedpur for my up lifment.
Pros
Free Medical
Cons
Very good Safety tractice
Flexible and exciting
Embedded Systems Intern (Former Employee) –  indiaMay 7, 2018
An exciting and fun loving place to work at. Excellent organisation and intern induction program. The engineers are brillant their job and strive to learn continually. The teams are assigned as per your field of interest. Amazing place to get started at.
Fantastic company
Senior Manager- Technology Division (Former Employee) –  Tarapur, MaharashtraMay 6, 2018
I spent more than eight years with Tata Steel. The company provides immense learning opportunity as well as provide one of the best salaries in the industry
Passion and Knowledge driven company
Manager-Projects (Former Employee) –  Jajpur, IndiaApril 29, 2018
A great place to work, especially for work life balance. Excellent leadership and management at all levels. Its an experience employees relish. Great family benefits , great value to employees time. One can get an overall view of the business working here. Pay is competitive. Career advancement is competitive but definitely promising with good work. Great encouragement to sport and other activities apart from work.Good luck!
Pros
Work Life Balance, employee benefits
Cons
Things get bit slow sometimes.
A great place were you can grow your practical knowledge
Intern (Former Employee) –  JharkhandApril 21, 2018
It was a very good experience at Tata Steel. A place were you can increase your practical knowledge and a lot to learn under pressure and efficiently.
Huge opportunity
mechanical supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jajpur, OrissaApril 13, 2018
Tata steel,jajpur is a very good place and unit to work at and it is one of the biggest production unit of Tata steel. I have worked there as a supervisor when its construction work was going on. I have a very good and fun experience there with my fellow staffs and labours working under me.
Pros
Huge learning scope
Cons
Contractual job
Fun Workplace
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Jamshedpur, IndiaApril 5, 2018
You are expected to work a lot, but you learn a lot as well. Managers are very demanding but fair, and your contributions are noted as well. I would certainly recommend it to a friend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tata Steel. Our community is ready to answer.