State Bank of India Employee Reviews

Associate in state Bank of India
Associate (Current Employee) –  SolapurSeptember 14, 2019
Experienced 3 years of banking service..good working culture..
Overall good experience..best PSU compared to other..good experience overall...best bank
Beat
Manager office administration (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiteSeptember 8, 2019
State bank is a best institution for their employees in all respect.Honesty should be maintained by emplyees in all respects.i have been maintained honesty in my job and my behaviour etc.
High salary and perquisites
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Surat, GujaratAugust 10, 2019
No job satisfaction. Transferrable job. No work/life balance. Leave,salary and other monetary benefits are good. But otherwise, no holistic growth of employees and very stereotypical job. Working hours are also not proper. Most of the time, one has to sit till 9 or 10 at night and attend office even on holidays. Staff is always overloaded with work and they are compelled to do cross selling of products of their subsidiary companies, which at times leads to mis-selling owing to the target pressure and the race to be the best. Overall, it is not the ideal organisation for knowledge driven and career oriented individuals.
Pros
High salary, leave and other monetary benefits
Cons
Long working hours, stereotypical, transferrable job, lack of job satisfaction
Not a place for growth
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  KeralaAugust 6, 2019
Growing by potential is negligible.Nothing to contribute our own.Management say,we obey.No scope of freedom at work.No way to express concerns about organisation.Of course there are tools on line.But the one who expressed concerns will be targeted and harassed.Altogether a trap for the one who enter the organisation as its presumed to be the best white collar job.
Though job security is high, work life balance is deplorable.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  TamilnaduAugust 1, 2019
It is a leading organisation with innovative banking platform with lot of scope to learn. Employees are supposed to do multi level, multi tasks and challenging issues which are sometimes formidable too. Too many procedural formalities to get the process completed for which customers may not be willing to wait in this competitive market.
Pros
Primier bank to work. Decent salary and perks.
Cons
Long closing hours, family life gets disturbed due to compulsory transfer policy.
Sale Executive
Sale Executive (Former Employee) –  Bijnor, Uttar PradeshJuly 30, 2019
Hear, I am the sale executive for sbi credit card . I will explain very smoothly to the customer to take a card . I will go on the right way clearly. .
Productive workplace.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Guwahati, AssamJuly 27, 2019
Have to deal with many customers of the Bank.
Learned dealing with varied customer needs.
Excellent Management.
Workplace culture is excellent.
Dealing with difficult customers is the hardest part of the job.
Excellent work environment is the enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free medical facilities
Cons
Hard Work is invariably expected
Best organisation to work for.
Assistant, Asst. Manager, Dy. Manager and Manager (Former Employee) –  Branches of OdishaJuly 21, 2019
SBI is a very good organisation to work for. My long experience of working with SBI is very nice and deserving. The work culture and the co-operation between the co-workers are excellent. I had met with an accident in which, I totally lost my past memory. But thanks to the culture of SBI, I never felt out of place and I learnt the things without undergoing any training etc. Really very nice place to work for your betterment. Very little bossism and free to work at your pace. Of course all SBI employees are very fast in their work compared to other organisations I have seen. Promotion prospects is also very good. Now the incentive culture has been cropped. Above all SBI is my No.1 choice for working where I have worked more than 33 years.
Pros
No bossism, freedom of work & lot of co-operation from fellow employees
Cons
Little nepotism and politics is there.
job satisfaction, handsome salary ,experianced management
Branch Manager (Operations) (Former Employee) –  Vishwas Nagar, Delhi, DelhiJuly 3, 2019
self satisfactory, productive & fruitful job satisfaction work. i am very much proud to be state bank family member. very good management, technically progressive.
Decent compensation but heavy work
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduJune 22, 2019
The bank provides decent compensation to employees. But work life balance is seriously off and heavy work load is there. Frequent transfers and other bottlenecks in the job create frustration in employees.
Stressful workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  gujaratJune 18, 2019
Place you have to work without proper staff. Management focus changes many times in a day. Many unethical taks has to do for achieving number as per wish Of superiors. No recognition for dedication and honest worker
Their job is almost like slavevery
ANDHRA PRADESH (Former Employee) –  Andhra PradeshJune 14, 2019
They didnot bothered about their retired staff people
I worked as manager for branch operations my branch manager and other rbo people never supported me in any aspect
Excellent discharge of my duties with job satisfaction
CHIEF MANAGER, &BRANCH MANAGER, FOR 14 YEARS (Former Employee) –  Andhra PradeshMay 30, 2019
Challenging job with job satisfaction. High pressure of work.
Excellent public relations and high image among people.
Transfer policy is convenient.
Banker to every India.
Assistant in Clerical Cadre (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West BengalMay 30, 2019
Huge opportunity to learn and upgrade your skills. Wide variety of assignments to enhance your knowledge. Opportunity to work with the industry leader.
Good enivroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiMay 8, 2019
While working in Sbi is good opportunity for new candidate I have taken VRS from state bank due to personal problem but doing work in sbi always memorable
Cons
Prestigious and good organisation with positive work culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Inspection and Audit DepartmentMay 6, 2019
Coming early and leaving a bit late makes the routine comfortable. Have learnt that customers come in different sizes and have to be dealt with accordingly. A cool disposition and a warm smile can help in developing good customer relationship. Staff management is very crucial in the smooth functioning of a branch. Appreciation for good work must be given and dereliction of one's duties not to be accepted. The workplace culture at SBI is encouraging and comfortable. There is a sense of pride working for the biggest bank in India. The perks and allowances are one of the best in the banking industry.The hardest part of the job is to deal with the stress generated. Achieving targets, staff management, smooth running of the branch, hardware and software problems etc., can be energy sapping but enjoyable too. Yoga and music have been a great help. The most enjoyable part is winning the trust and confidence of the customers and being a part of the SBI family.
Good Experience
Manager - Credit (Former Employee) –  Thiruvananthapuram, KeralaMay 2, 2019
I have got exposure in many segments of banking and finance like Business Analytics, SME Advances, Large Corporate Finance Group, Retail Banking and operations, etc
Additionally i have undertaken various certifications and courses to further sharpen my skill sets
Slightly better that how govt. offices in India work
PRODUCT MANAGER / PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraApril 12, 2019
very slow, too many rudimentary processes and lots can be changed, but a huge Bank that still manages somehow to work with certain amount of efficiency. Slow in - terms of adoption of latest technology
It was the hardest part of the job.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Distt Hamirpur, U.P.March 30, 2019
This was the hardest part of the job as it was full of responsibilities and hardships. As I was assigned the job of Accountant and Field Officer for Agriculture Loans in a quite unknown area of Bundelkhand,it seemed very difficult for me to adjust according to the Circumstance.But I am happy to see that I managed the things successfully.
Pros
Higher salary and perks, Better chances of Further Promotions, Better Retirement Benifits.
Cons
Higher resposibility, unlimited working hours, no leaves and extensive field survey work in the remote villages of Bundelkhand Area.
Not a great work life balance
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  INMarch 25, 2019
I find I have hardly anytime to do anything outside work. There is hardly any motivation to better yourself because you can only get promoted yearly other than that there is no promotion.
Pros
Job security
Cons
No work life balance