State Bank of India Employee Reviews

Product and works
Candidate mangers (Former Employee) –  DelhiDecember 6, 2018
Give us your opinion about
, a typical day at work
, what you learned
. Manegmant
. Workplace culture
. the hardest part of the job
Pros
Free lunch
Great place
Probationary Officer (Former Employee) –  IndiaDecember 5, 2018
Wonderful place to work, great work life balance, selected as a probationary officer and took some great decisions on my own to spearhead the company to a new height.
Practices in the organization doesn't allow for reaching the vision of the organization
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Mangalore, KarnatakaDecember 4, 2018
Organization of work force at ground level is required.
Clear cut roles should be laid out.
Should ensure that the work load is not being borne by one or two persons in a unit while the others are coasting.
Pros
Job security and career advancement
Cons
Very poor work/life balance. Unreasonably heavy work load.
Sbi is not all a third best place to work...Indeed.Com may be mistaken
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaDecember 4, 2018
Guys just google for number employees committing suicides every month because of work pressure in sbi...Horrible situation.. Pathetic work culture too little work force too many people to follow up
Pros
No pros at all for an officer of bank
Cons
No fixed timings, unlimited work pressure and responsibilities, shortage of staff worsens the situation and many
Banking Sector
Site Engineer (Former Employee) –  Madras, TAMIL NADU, INDecember 3, 2018
Conversion of a different functional building into a training centre with careful planning and supported with Consultant interface

Good interaction between management and staff
Best in the industry
Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Ahmedabad, GUJARAT, INDecember 1, 2018
If you choose Banking as a career, SBI is the place. Being the largest bank in India, SBI has a vast reach,. You will get the opportunity to handle multiple profiles, which will eventually helps to learn a lot.
productive and career improvement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  indiaNovember 28, 2018
SBI has very good worklplace culture.i have learnt the customer servi ce, managing the customer and the hardest part of my job is achieve housing loan achievement.
Fun place
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaNovember 26, 2018
job security but not a fun place to work.

HR needs to be more considerate for employee problems.

Overall attitude towards female co- workers is very pessimistic and conventional.

Good workers have no incentive to work better and are treated at par with people who shun work.
Pros
job security
Cons
pathetic HR policies
It's nice working environment with work pressure and entertainment activities to get mind fresh
Maharashtra (Former Employee) –  MaharashtraNovember 21, 2018
Day starts with Routing standing meeting which help us to maintain daily status and to-do task list of pending item and prioritize day activity.
I get chance to Learn new Digital technology SAP UI5 and Fiori and get real time experience with Client design and development as well.

As team lead I have to involve with different behavior people and get share my knowledge with them to get the deliverable on time.

Culture of work is very friendly as we prioritize the work we can plan for other entertaining activity and knowledge sharing program to explore new things with in the team or through internet.

Hardest part of job is here client requirement is not very clear and we have to work till the requirement get freeze before closing implementation.

Here out Client seat with us so its easy to share get time to time update on work and less chance conflict.
Pros
Timing hours are not flexible
Cons
Work environment is cool and client is ready to take suggestions
Okay
ASSIATNAT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  DELHINovember 19, 2018
Decent organisation to work in. Work pressure in banking industry is at the peak so one really can't blame the organisation.But the work culture is very orthodox and inefficient.

Want to know more about State Bank of India?

Ask a question
Excellent place to work
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Palacode, Tamil NaduNovember 5, 2018
I learned a lot in Banking during my stay at the Bank. I had exposure in quite a many areas like General Banking, Personal Advances, Commercial Banking, Branch Banking etc. It was fun to work with SBI.
Finance Management
Officer-in-charge (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, IndiaOctober 6, 2018
*Did Banking studies and passed out examination
*Played Cricket from the Bank's Team
*Social work and community work
*Training of the staff
*Management of Bank work
Pros
Lots of extra-curricular activites
Cons
Less time for preparation of meetings
One of the best companies in the world
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Siliguri, West BengalOctober 2, 2018
The learning curve has been great in SBI since the company provides you exposure from a secluded rural village to the limelight of the metro cities. Being the largest bank in India with a hoping number of 22000+ branch network and 58000+ ATM network is proudly the banker to almost every Indian. It is the only bank in India to be featured in fortune 500 list of companies globally. The State Bank of India started its operations from Bank of Bengal dating back to 1806, followed by Imperial Bank of India and finally State Bank of India under State Bank of India Act,1955. The journey till now has been topsy and turvy as the scenario changed from branch to branch due to demopgrahics and exposure in different roles at different times. The mix of People Management along with Finance, Operations and Marketing is not an easy assignment as it requires tremendous patience and perseverance along with the fire within to achieve extra milestone every year.
Pros
Company provided Lease Accommodation, Provides petrol/diesel as per designation quota every month, provides timely salary, Provides excellent training programs.
Cons
Training before any new assignment, Work life balance is not good.
Government Job!
Customer Assistant (Teller) (Former Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhSeptember 3, 2018
It's a great learning experience for me as It changed me a lot taught great lessons of life like how to be behave in difficult position and tem work..
very very good workplace in all respect
Supervisor - Administration (Former Employee) –  ahmedabad, indiaAugust 29, 2018
as a cashier accepting cash, issuing bank drafts, providing customer service, selling bank products such as credit card, insurance, mutual funds etc. as a supervisor distributing cash to cashiers, custody of bank valuables and cash
Pros
best work place
Cons
no cons
A challenging work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Andhra Pradesh and GujaratAugust 26, 2018
- a typical day at work
We usually open at 10.00 am. We receive and serve
customers up to 4.00 pm with a lunch break of half an
hour. We attend to back office work from 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm.

- What I learned
Customer service, Branch / Region management, Loan
appraisal and monitoring, Deposit mobilization, Operations
management

- management
Friend, philosopher and guide

- Workplace culture
Friendly and mutually supporting

- the hardest part of the job

- the most enjoyable part of the job
The customer taking leave with a smile on his face
Pros
The pride of serving in a Bank ranking in the top 50 Banks in the world, Opportunity to serve in the world wide net work, Varied work opportunities, A Bank in the service of the biggest corporate as well as the the smallest man, Best compensation package in the industry
Workplace full of Politics
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraAugust 21, 2018
Timings are rigid. HR is not supportive and rude. Management make you feel inferior. Power Politics in full swing. Big Brand with Small Value for employees. Not Recommended. Think twice before joining.
I have enjoyed the job in State Bank of India,
Regional Audit Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  India (Gujarat)August 16, 2018
During the service in the State Bank of India, I have got good support and satisfactory work environment. Promotional opportunity, enjoyed the challenging work.
Chief Manager (Current Employee) –  MumbaiAugust 16, 2018
State Bank of India is the second largest Bank in India . it is amongst 50th in the world.Its having presence in all over the world. Its is having corporate culture.
Pros
Concessionary
Cons
Short Breaks
it was a wonderful journey
Chief Manager (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaAugust 16, 2018
it is a wonderful experience working at SBI. I have worked in all type of environment ,starting from Village,semi urban centre,urban,metro centres.I have worked in Bangalore,Mumbai,Chikmagalur,Mysore
Pros
recognition for dedicated work
Cons
nothing