State Bank of India Employee Reviews

Worst institute to work with
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pali, RajasthanMay 10, 2018
Within 6 months of working realized bank is not a good institute to work in if you want to work for long time.
Staff shortage,slow systems,no back end support, no proper employee training less is endless.
SBI is confused if it is a government bank or private.
Profit is prime goal or sevice. Corruption at higher level has resulted in worst condition for employee to work in.
Reginal offices are useless in employee grevience redressal.
Thinking about leaving.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Endless
Constructive environment
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  MaharashtraApril 27, 2018
I have been working with the bank for last 3 years and Indeed I'm happy.
I've never been supported like I'm being supported by the management at my previous jobs.
State Bank of India has this unique management culture.
Plus work environment is vigourously different. Its a universal bank they say, and they do walk on talk.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Salary
fun work place
Sale Executive (Former Employee) –  Mumbai Central, MaharashtraApril 15, 2018
my dream is to work with this bank because i have seen that this bank provide good service to their customer and also provide a great facility so maximum pepole we can se that they satisy with state bank rather than any other bank.
Stable work environment and a good place to learn
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West BengalApril 15, 2018
Largest public sector bank in India. Management strongly supports holistic training and development of resources. Instances of employees being fired virtually non existent. Great work culture. Minimum competition. Salaries are below market rates.
Productive and good culture
Dy. Manager (Former Employee) –  Kota, RajasthanApril 15, 2018
Excellent, supportive Management and adequate training programs from time to time for developing of skills.
Job rotation for enhancing skills in every field.
Good
SBI koisk (Current Employee) –  Nagpur, MaharashtraApril 9, 2018
They are understanding . Helping supporting and good in guidance, my work experience was good with them and i would look forward to wards supporting the company
Productive and result oriented
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Piravom Town BranchApril 1, 2018
i enjoyed working in state bank of India. Even though the work load was very heavy, I could manage to complete each task time bounded with the help of my self motivated team. My roles differed in each team. I acted as co-player, as captain, as coach, and as mentor depends upon the roles I handled in each team.
Pros
I believe there is no free lunch in business. Whatever you get is out of hard work.
Cons
You get more when you are more productive. There is no substitute for hard work.
good workplace
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Tiruchchirappalli, Tamil NaduMarch 20, 2018
work diversified, everyone should learn everything, Identifying appropriate person for approriate work is lacking... else very good manageent. Good infrastructure to work. The hardest part of the job is thinking about the work 24x7. The most enjoyable part of the job is Marketing and Sales of Personal Banking a good feeling that I am working in a top Bank
Pros
good infrasructure working environment
Cons
long and late hours working
Banking teller (Current Employee) –  Aurangabad M.S.(India)March 16, 2018
Very friendly working environment.learnt maximum banking related work.very secured job.management excellent.full time work . Country's Leading bank.excellent
Largest Indian Bank
Retired as Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  BhagalpurMarch 12, 2018
State Bank of India is a largest bank in India and completed all Basel Norms It will help to move into International Trade.SLR and CRR always maintained. I enjoyed a lot continuously 34 years SBI serves poor with their various low interest
Pros
always cares all individuals, company, staff
Cons
less staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  INDOREMarch 7, 2018
I worked at State Bank of India [SBI] full time for last 19 years. I worked in different segments of Banking viz., Rural banking [Agriculture], Retail banking [Personal segment & Small Business finance] and Corporate Banking.

We, in SBI, have the opportunity to learn and gain knowledge through customized training programmes. These training programmes help to understand various concepts related to Banking like Risk Management, Capital Adequacy/Basel Norms etc.

The promotion policy of the Bank has improved in the recent years. People get promotions on a regular basis, based on their experience and performance.

Salary Benefits and other perks [travel allowance, leave fare concession etc.] are good, but not on a higher side as compared to other Government organisations/departments. Looking to the work pressure and the commitment required to meet the expectations of the top management, the compensation is low.

SBI is a brand in itself and the main benefit is the job security.
Pros
Good in terms of getting exposure in various facets of banking, Risky at times when given responsibilities of currency chest, ATM or loans
Cons
Repetitive work, Work culture not so good, Poor HR practices and stagnant career growth. Also, there is no fixed line of specialization.
Bogus work culture and lot of pressure
Dy.Mgr (Current Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiMarch 3, 2018
Banking industry is creating a lot if unnecessary pressure on its staff. It hinders the productivity of employee as the employees are working under great pressure and depressing working conditions.
Pros
Psu
Cons
Irrelevant pressure
The work place is good and provide opportunities to progress
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  IndiaFebruary 25, 2018
Job allows me to interact with new people on daily basis and solve their problems and queries related to banking and finance and investment of thier funds.
Pros
Goodwill of company
Cons
Unlimited Work timings
Nicely institution to work
Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhFebruary 7, 2018
Excellent work culture,management,staff and perks that includes salary,benefits.Branches are well equipped with infrastructure.Staff is co operative and hard working.
Productive and fun workplaces
PRIVET Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballard Estate, MaharashtraFebruary 6, 2018
Late payment issue and messenger not working properly they pull all work to PRIVET assistance .officer communication is good and they not given over time
Pros
Free lunch
Good work culture.
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Muzaffarpur, BiharFebruary 2, 2018
SBI is a brand that needs no advertisements. However the working condition of employees is not that great.
You have to remain prepared 24×7 to meet the arbitrary demands of customers, management and government. If you like to finish your work then there is no end of day. But despite hard work there is satisfaction when you help the needy. There is a handsome salary and a good fraternity. If you like money and stability go for it. But if you wish a balanced life style.....then.......think before you join.
Pros
Perks
Cons
The vision of sbi is customer first and customer satisfaction
Marketing Intern for SBI BUDDY (Former Employee) –  INJanuary 14, 2018
During the marketing internship program I got an opportunity to be part of marketing SBI‘s latest product “SBI BUDDY”. Buddy a mobile wallet and also semi-closed prepaid wallet which you can use to transfer money to other wallet users and bank accounts. I got an opportunity to market this product on SBI BUDDY promotion 1 and SBI BUDDY promotion 2. I had marketed this product and achieved 1000+ downloads within 2 days.I realized that service is the most important aspect a bank follows and through good service we can achieve the ultimate aim.
Pros
Within a short span of time I was able to understand marketing aspect of banking enivironment
Cons
Complaint resolution of the customers need to be more prompt from bank
depend on customer
Customers Service Executive (Former Employee) –  malad eastJanuary 4, 2018
this job is related to money and is own risk job.but there management is not good,their is no facilities are available.workload is depend on customer.
Not a great place for IT Professional
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, TelanganaJanuary 3, 2018
Management is poor. People who assign you the work doesn't know exactly what they need. Requirements change everyday. You never get recognized for the work you did.
nice
Chief Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurangabad, BiharJanuary 2, 2018
State bank of India is the premierbank of ournation.It serves the country from root to leaves.It is a techno-savy bank.It has its branches all over the country and abroad.