Star India Employee Reviews

Innovators
Excellent Government customers coverage & adoption
Thinks 20 years ahead
present world-wide
Competitive, aggressive culture, good growth options
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MumbaiJuly 11, 2018
Aggressive company with good growth options. Not so good for work-life balance or working mothers. Workplace good for growth options in career with little sacrifice
Good..
Senior Executive (Current Employee) –  Dehra Dun, UttarakhandOctober 5, 2017
I need changes. I have handled all Uttrakhand collection.everymonth collection 54 lacks...

Also new sales create in same ground...

Every month target done ..
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
7 hours
Good place to learn media hiring
Senior Executive - Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraSeptember 18, 2017
Work culture is good. People management is the hardest part. Work from home is allowed so that's the plus point to work at Star. Learned a lot about media hiring
Good place for learning
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraFebruary 28, 2017
Workplace awesome with the Latest technologies whereby you are able to learn as per your interest. People are always there for you so that you do the same with others. We used to work five days a week but then we never used to have Monday blues because of the lovely understanding and helping nature of each and every employee. .
Pros
Coupons were provided for lunchy
Cons
There are some seniors who prefer to work only after working hours to get overtim
Handaling market
Valet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraFebruary 7, 2017
all facility available.To gave information of product to the team .also work as computer oprator.All banking works done.To park the valuable by gyus at right place.gave the daily reports to HR department at night
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Productive workplace
LFS (Current Employee) –  Raipur,c.gOctober 7, 2016
All coworkers were supportive.
Support from seniors.
Reimbursement of Travel and other expenses.
working with Star India PVt.ltd is a all time good experience,company management and colleques helped a lot in gaining knowledge.
Its nice environment
Ad Sales Automation Associate (Current Employee) –  MumbaiSeptember 11, 2016
Its. Good & fun @work
Relaxation & comfort ...no work pressure
Provides own laptop for work .... & can take own decisons related to my work....handles a collegue
Excellent work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJuly 28, 2016
Its an excellent work place and the career and growth advancements are plenty. Would recommend SIPL.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Forward thinking and trend setting organisation
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJuly 11, 2016
It is an organisation that sets trends in the market. Also, at the same time it is an employee-centric organisation with many programs and events for employees and their families.

A typical day entails 3 - 4 internal client meetings and 1 - 2 external client catch-ups, data analysis and forecasting, presenting decks to senior management etc.

Biggest learning is 'How to Negotiate' with stakeholders in order to get work done.
productive and carrer palce
AC Technician (Former Employee) –  Nagpur, MHMarch 4, 2015
A competent professional with 22 years of experience in Air Conditioning & Refrigertion Management. . Experienced in repairing all kind of Air Conditioners and Refrigerators including Chillers. Gained sufficient exposure in managing complete facility in stores operation & maintenance of machines, purchase, etc. Adept at carrying out general administration functions; actively involved in supervising and managing entire maintanance, and directing the day-to-day operations of the organisation. Skills in handling day to day activities in co-ordination with internal / external departments for smooth functioning of the organisational goals. Strong analytical, problem solving & organizational abilities. Possess a flexible & detail oriented attitude.
Excellent job environment
Senior Executive (Former Employee) –  MumbaiMarch 2, 2015
The best place to work in .Excellent environment .Co workers ans management was good .Learnt lot about the media industry .The hardest part of the job was working over time with no pay ,Loved doing inventory and calculations as well as preparing the logs and would always complete my work before the time given to me
Pros
telephone bill and travel allowance
Cons
The company was a package of professional and fun place ,I enjoyed my tenure learning and working .
Asst manager-Ad Sales (Former Employee) –  GurgaonFebruary 24, 2015
I was representing as ad sales manager for Star Sports all 6 channels,planning and stargazing the various sport launches what all the channel should acquire,what should be the cost for 10 seconds spend by client, how would we generate the required revenue.
Target ting the right set of clients for our channels to meet and generate the required revenue.
I was representing as Group head, where I was working together with my team to full fill organizational goal.
The sports like Hockey , Tennis which is not that famous in non metros in India getting the sport recognized by all and delivering the target numbers, where as visa versa over delivering the target numbers for sports like cricket was the best part , travelling to generate business and being rewarded by meeting all famous/ know players in various sports team was the most exciting part in my job.
Pros
Incentive, Team building fun exercise
Cons
distance of my office from my residence was only a tough part
was my first job in india
5 Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  GAAugust 3, 2013
it was good company ,I travelled a lot meet different people and had good times with my co-workers.
Excellent Place to work
PR Executive (Former Employee) –  MumbaiApril 17, 2013
14 yrs back STAR TV had a strong team in place, good top level management, certainly was a cool place of work. Learned a lot of interactive skills with regards to communication etc. We definately had a good PR team and a intelligent boss ofcourse. The hardest part of job was getting the material, synopsis from the EP's as they had their own schedule and we had ours hence constant follow-ups was indeed a tiring process since we had our deadlines to send information to the press on timely basis. This is where I learnt how to get my work done with lots of patience. It was always enjoyable.
Pros
international conferences
Cons
distance