Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered Bank Employee Reviews in New Delhi, Delhi

New Delhi, Delhi36 reviews
An excellent opportunity to learn new skills with high standard of training and eLearning arrangements. Great support from senior employees and other management.
Have been working since March'19. Good place to place work overall considering work life balance of colleagues in other departments. However, senior management of our particular department is pretty insensitive. Reporting is dual which creates a lot of confusion. Attached with an RM whose objectives are different. Ultimately as an analyst you are stuck in middle of Credit Approvers and RM and thus, there is no say or decision making on our part. Pretty poor structure.
Pros
Weekend is off
Cons
Analyst are the only one working for everybody, hectic place to work, no work life balance
Excellent place to work. Opportunity to make new clients and interact with them. Guidance and Support from higher management at all level. Employee engagement activities and productive training sessions.
Pros
No Limit medical insurance, HR and Manager Support
Significant sales pressure High due diligence Employ friendly company Low salaries Significant emphasis laid on training of the employee Good leave policy
I started my career with Standard chartered bank ( SCB ) in 2005 in collections of personal loans. I love working there since the environment was really great & people were really helpful.
Standard Chartered bank is india's largest international bank which provides wide range of products and services. The learned environment of the bank provide opportunities to groom in all dimentions of banking.
Standard chartered has a great work culture and a very strong brand name. They have an excellent reward and recognition mechanism.One can grow internally by handling cross functions.
was alright to work but there was no scope of growth there was no team effort each one on thier own. unrealistic target but the team was made of very young individuals
Not worked for a long time to review actually. However that was an average place to work. Perks are low. Enjoyed worked there. People was helpful. Work life balance was average.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Standard Chartered Bank?
Stan C was a very demanding employer with long hours, heavy compliance and hectic nature of work. However, the credit skills I acquired in Stan C have immensely benefited me.
Pros
Good paymaster
Cons
One of the oldest and finest foreign bank of our time. The best place to work, Good work life balance, a lot of learning opportunity. Great working environment and great colleagues.
It has been 9 years since I left the company so my views might not reflect present scenario. This is also a very employee focussed organisation that gives ample oppertunities to everyone. There is a lot of foucs on customers and all departments work together like a well-oiled machine to give best in class service. 30 paid leaves, 15 sick leaves, full medical reimbursement for self and dependents, phone bill reimbursement are some of the employee benefits.
Pros
Medical bill reimbursement for self and dependents
Cons
Really can't think of any !!
As I had completed almost three years with this bank so had learn a lot about my present orginaisation, since I always believe that every place and organisation teaches u a lot:- ^ There were no typical days, but as In sales it gets hard when the business is not delivered. ^ Everything about my present profile including all baout sales and marketing. ^ Management is very approachable and nice there which always help us. ^ Co- workers were to very understandable and co- operative. ^ Hardest part of that job there salary structure and slowness in promotions. ^ The cool and suitable environment to work.
Pros
comfortable environment
Cons
salary
- Very professional & process oriented organization. - They empower each employee for training & development. - Human Resource Department is very strong
Pros
Employee Centric
Cons
Salary Benefits
I learned there a lot like how to handle a super HNI client and how to capture these clients.How to maintain the portfolio of these clients,understanding their needs and then cater them the right product.
My personal experience was not that good . However, gained good experience though hard way. Lot of favouritism. Thats all I can say
* Good place to be in * Handling HNI clients and banking policies. * Mostly not aware of challenges faced by front line. * Co-workers are good. * To deal with team managers.
Standard Chartered provides a balance work life. Top management/co-workers are highly efficient who provides best opportunities to employees for learning and development. Any employee who has intention to work/grow, will find upteem options to this company.
Pros
Employee friendly organisation
Cons
Long hours(sometimes)
Work and life balance and systematic working.Appreciation an recognition for good job done. Regular increment and bonus.
Cons
Working with Standard Chartered Bank has been a wonderful experience. The culture is young, dynamic but not reckless.Management is open with all employees and values contributions and consistently demonstrates a commitment to the betterment of the employees. The benefits and work environment are stellar.
One of the best MNC Bank in India......... Excelent work culture Management Leadership The best management i had worked till date ..
Pros
Good Seniours
Cons
tough targets