Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered Bank Employee Reviews in Kolkata, West Bengal

Kolkata, West Bengal40 reviews
It's awesome to work. Good place sure professional people.goof salary nice place to work .
I was with the bank for 6 yr as a rm . always treat in nice way.thank you so much standard chartered Bank
Pros
It's awesome to work.
This was my first workplace. Helped me understand how office atmosphere is like. Inspite of being a fresher I was given the best of guidance and training to learn and excel in my work assignments . That helped and is still helping me to run my job well .
Work culture is good, I enjoyed my tenure, traveled so many places officially to take care the branch and learned lot. Most enjoyable part was Team outing at GOA Beach
Pros
Team outing
Cons
Training and development
Best working environment at scb. Its an amazing place to work. the Infrastructure is excellent and everyone you meet are also great. You have a lot of fun activities and the work place is always buzzing with lots of excitement.
Learnt banking processes and its implications. My team was collaborative and we would exchange our thoughts to take the process forward. Manager's guidance helped us a lot.
nice place to learn. colleague's are helpful. infrastructure is good, hardest part of the job is to update every time with the new ways and processes coming everyday.
Pros
good people
Cons
low salary
It's a good place to work
Superiors are also motivate time to time

Job culture is very good

Good work always appreciated by seniors

Seniors accompany for new corporate acquisition
good work place, balance in work and personal life,values are there,job security is there till date,leave policy is good,supportive atmosphere, big brand value
Pros
good bank
Cons
nothing
I enjoy the job for its working hours. My 1st Multinational organization, so learnt and still learning many things. However the working hour is very much bounded but the schedule is very fluctuating.
Pros
2 day weak off
Cons
Working environment
My job profile under Mr.John A.Cranston was calling and putting my efforts at finishing my targets.
This was a recovery department for credit cards defaulters.
Excellent work culture, good management, good and coperative seniors, excellent benifits, great pay package, more focus on growth and career orientation.
Pros
good superiors
Cons
Customer Service is excellent. Branch network is limited in India.Products are costly and majority of customer unable to affort to get the product and services.
Pros
Good Bank, as its an MNC, but the Branches work environment is not that good. The Mangers are helpful. Perks and incentive structures are very good. Process is also very good.
A place tl leanr,earn,grow but one needs to be extra cautious so as to not put onesef into any trap.The place is happening with lots of potential income earning capacity
Not suitable for my profile as it is purely marketing oriented job with target based objectives and payments also linked with converted targets and successful cases.
Was a teller and also helped out in the opening and closing as well as audit for the branch. Wanted to manage a team as was confident that was able to perform this new role hence moved to a different bank.
amazing place to work for with lot of fun and challenges.

Being a foreign Bank has lot to learn from culture work ethics customer handling relationship management
Pros
work life balance
Cons
high pressure
No work life balance. No respect for employees. Employees are asked to work on every holiday. There are abusive languages used in workplace and no proper decorum is maintained.
The company has a fun work place, they ensure trainings to their employees every month, the supervisor and subordinate relationship is good.But the major drawback is that it has a very stringent audit process which at times makes business difficult.
Pros
Regular training and employee engagement
Cons
Stringent audit process.
I enjoyed every bit of the typical day at work. Each and every person is working in a team and a feeling of togetherness was always there. We laughed and enjoyed during the breaks but during the peak period we were equally very serious. Our supervisors and seniors never did let us feel that they were our leaders. It was a friendly atmosphere there.
Work style is same and monotonous. No growth in the teller section. Zero tolerance in in operations. Co- workers try to work as a team. Liner manager very friendly but strict.
Pros
free treats when targets met
Cons
heathcare