Standard Chartered Bank

Standard Chartered Bank Employee Reviews

India1,073 reviews
Found 1,073 reviews matching the search
An excellent opportunity to learn new skills with high standard of training and eLearning arrangements. Great support from senior employees and other management.
The workplace culture is suitable for me. management and my colleague are helpful. Everyday i learn something new here. i am very good team member , and my team very supportive. It is based on our performance
Was good just when I joined, got toxic eventually. You will be lucky to make friends for life like I did. Not all can be trusted through. HR is not the best, but can get better
Extreme pressure and zero enhanced support. Management is not supportive neither are most BMs.....the culture needs to be empathetic from the top. Staff at the retail banking are over worked and paid less. BMs make you sit extra with no extra pay. Excessive stressful and forceful sales jobs are made to do.
Pros
Leaves are many.
Cons
Excessive stressful and forced sales.
Productive and friendly environment.
Taking good care of employees on Disaster situations.

Chances to get more e learning platforms also internal training to develop the Knowledge in Banking and personal development skills.

They made the employees engaging in philanthropist activities at least twice in a year to serve the society as well as to build a social relationship among the employees,
the experience was not so good, long working hours, pressure, they used to ask us to come to work on weekends as well. No work-life balance. I would not suggest anyone working there.
Fair place to work, can learn process. Work culture is ok as it requires long working hours. No proper procedure for growth / promotions. Favoritism is the key for success.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Long Hours, difficult to grow
Good place to work, will learn many things, will be able to learn the tough situations. Supportive managers, taking extra care of each and every employees
A good place to work with.Its a instiution for a stable job. Work culture is absolute good .
The salary increment is less every year . Growth is substantiate
employee friendly envoirnment

focuses on employee growth by giving training on different techlogies or any other area

Focuses on CSR activities as well
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Standard Chartered Bank?
My learning in scb was seemless. Scb gives us the opportunity to learn and deliver multiple aspects of operations. Payroll, finance, project, transformation, people management and service delivery.
Working environment is very good and also management is good. Safe environment specially for girls. Good services for the customers and policy’s and facilities are good for the employees of the bank. My overall experience is good.
Not worth to write anything about the work. Only one common thing which will be prevailed is messed up or screwed up that will sum up the job culture and management is one of the worst you will ever come across...
Very stressful environment. But manageable for people who can deal with stress. High targets and high pressure. But payment is fair enough. Much scope for growth.
Its a nice place to work and very productive environment and the culture is very good over there and its a place where we can except what we can be in down the line of 5 or 10 years
Overall amazing experience with great highs and lows . I would any day prefer to go back to this organization and more so the people I worked with made life so much encouraging and enriching everyday!
Working in SCB-GBS is good and job is secured. Work life Balance is based on you the work is done. Work culture is purely depends on the Management, here more than the rules its on the people and its reflection.
So as a whole the work is good or bad depends on how you work.
I left SCB long back so mentioning salary and work culture will not justify todays culture of bank. Still it was a very fruitful journey and i always cherish working with such organization and under one of the best bosses.
after spending 13 yrs in Standard Chartered, i can tell you that the bank used to be an excellent bank at one point of time.

But the culture has changed in the last few years. The class of bank it was now has become worse than any private bank.

the total top management has been replaced with individuals from private sector bank, what has this lead to a mixture of culture and dilution of values/ services and total distortion of the niche the bank held at one point of time.

from a great service bank , its become into a sales no service bank.....

There are many things, but the bottom line is the bank has lost its direction, culture and values.........they are neither MNC nor private bank......somewhere in between with no idea where to move......a total lack of motivation, direction and activity has set in.........there is an constant war between the old guard and the new employees who have been given important post coming from various pvt. banks.....these new guys have no idea what to do with the bank except fool customers and maybe last for few years before they migrate to newer pastures.

All old loyal people have left or leaving......
Pros
Medical Policy
Good work place with job security. Allowance work ambiand culture and work life balance are up to mark, which is fairly enough. Suitable place to get settled.
Good working in SCB. And have value for people working Religion faith race culture and it is MNC. Have so many benefits for employees cab facility medical.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Standard Chartered Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
1,118