Spotify

Spotify Employee Reviews

I've worked in a contract capacity for the past 2 years while completing graduate-level coursework. The flexibility offered to me is unique, but it seems from interactions with my team that this spirit of "employee-first" outlook is across the board. I've learned so much and I enjoy being with my team and others in the workplace. The on-site catering and other perks like free tickets to shows (obv. not during COVID) are really nice, but the best part is being part of a group of people who are just SO excited to be there.
They were kind to be able to allow you to work where ever as long as you got your work done. You also were given bi-weekly reviews to be able to understand how well you're doing.
Great company & values. Average benefits. Great NYC location but absolutely horrible middle management. Too many people wanting to be superstars and there is no sense of belonging or team.
Environnement de travail agréable et motivante.
Rien de plus.
Great compensation, work/life balance, benefits, room to grow & great culture. The people are bright, friendly and extremely talented across all business units.
I loved the time in Spotify, it's not perfect and living in New York or Stockholm is not the easiest, but it's a great place for young or older people, women or undefined people, anybody.
Spotify offers great benefits including paternity and maternity leave, flexible workplace options, entertaining workspaces, and free snacks and daily lunches. Spotify encourages diversity and inclusion and provide employees the ability to join internal workplace groups that focus on a variety of important topics that ultimately support the company's culture.
Great office, great product and great opportunities. Long hours lead to challenges with work/life balance.

Workplace culture was excellent. Lots of fitness classes, as well as free food and many events.
My job as a production manager was to insure that all aspects of the video content were met so that we could go out and shoot the video pieces that need to be shot for the campaign at the time. They work culture is very collaborative but it can also be pretty cut throat as everyone there is fairly young (25-30) and is looking to advance themselves as quick as they can. Coming in as a new person you can feel out of the loop as most people that have been there a while can be very (cliquey). Overall decent place to work, the pay is very competitive, benefits are great and you get free music account!
Hjälpte till på leverantörsreskontran en sommar. Var intressant att komma in bakom scenen!
Spotify is probably one of the best places I have worked for so far. I have high regard for the team I had the opportunity to work with. The company has a an amazing work cuture with a good work life balance. If you are on FT, they have amazing benefits.
People are lovely here & so welcoming! Felt very happy and a family - like vibe which is really nice when gong into a new workplace. Food & drink provided is amazing, along with endless snacks, free macbook pro, and the work space is amazing.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch & endless snacks
Cons
temporary contract, long interviewing process
Great culture to learn and grow in. You have autonomy over your career and they emphasize on driving your own development. Spotify is the best place I've worked thus far.
I work as a freelancer and i work from home here. I ahave a lot of fun doing projects for the company with team, As a freelancer i have time for my personal projects too.
I went in as a Quality Assurance Engineer and left an iOS Developer. The amount of learning you can do from within Spotify is enormous. If you learning something new, you can, and there are people willing to help you level up your skill set and tool box. The people there are what I enjoyed the most working at Spotify. Everyone is super smart and they have deep knowledge of what they were hired to do. But, there are too many in leadership positions and some teams suffer from a lack of direction. Also, depending on your manager, Spotify allows you to "embed" with other teams if you wanted to do something new other than the work on the team you were assigned.

Interviewing here, is difficult. If you want to work here, you have to be the best, or know someone close to the team you want to work on.
Pros
Smart people who can mentor you, great culture, great benefits, career advancement
Cons
Too much leadership, not enough direction for products, does not do enough to keep highly talented people on board
Management operates from a fear based POV, and are very difficult to speak honestly with. Satellite offices also have significantly less opportunity for career growth than New York, so be cautious that it takes a lot of timing luck and months/years of harder work to get promoted in regional offices.
Pros
Free Lunch/Healthcare, 401k Matching, Coworkers, Stock Options (pre IPO)
Cons
Pay, Management
Very hard to come across a company better than this one. Great management, great benefits, great atmosphere -- work load could be volatile. Some days are busier than others.

Took three months to get an interview and another two to get hired. Onboarding can be a process.
Love the culture and the quickness at Spotify. The people are passionate about the product and making the most of their time at work to balance their life outside the company.
Pros
Amazing culture and facilities
Spotify är ett bra företag med bra arbetsmiljö och kultur.
Spotify capitalized on making my time with them very efficient.

The work request was well thought out and the managers were very competent and happy to be working for Spotify.

You will definitely be happy if you land a role with this company!
Everyone is great and super helpful. The work is autonomous and there is no micromanaging from higher ups breathing down your neck which is a relief. Definite resume booster and would definitely recommend to anyone considering applying.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Becoming official full time employee can seem like a drag
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Spotify. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3