SMART SET Employee Reviews

An okay place to work. Store shut down years ago
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONNovember 9, 2018
Overall, it was an okay experience. The store/brand itself is not glamorous and was not busy most of the time. It did not do well considering the company had shut down.
Good company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABOctober 2, 2018
Unfortunately they went out of business so I am not sure that this review is relevant. When I worked for them they paid well and supported a good work life balance.
Living life
Assistant Manager/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2018
Great opportunity for advancement and to feel productive. I loved the product and I am very loyal to this Canadian brand. Great opportunity for personal and professional advancement.
Pros
Communicatuon, Flexibility, growth
Cons
pay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLFebruary 2, 2018
Loved working there unfortunately they closed up and I had to move forward ..very fun enjoyed going to work loved interacting with people and company appreciated staff
Pros
Paid sick days 2 family days a year aod vacation great medical benefits
Cons
Shift work but i didnt mind
Typical day of work
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Oregon, ILOctober 18, 2017
I learned how to answer phone calls, take appointments and make payments to accounts.This company is no longer in business. I do not have anything else to add about this company,
Amazing job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJuly 30, 2017
got to work will some very down to earth women, was happy with the management, my hours were very low due to sales coming out of the store, store prices were very high
Fun, supportive sales training with friendly competitions
Assistant Manager, Team Lead, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BCMay 29, 2017
Not as high pressure sales as other retail stores I've worked for. Fun environment with a good team lead or assistant manager in place. Bonus - clothing discount!!
Très bien
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QCApril 12, 2017
Désormais fermé mais appartien a la bannière Reitmans canada.Un bel approche client,un service intime et avangardiste!Bel endroit pour apprendre la vente sans pression.
Pros
Rabais employés
Cons
Âge de la clientèle
Relaxed environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 28, 2017
It was my first part time job and I loved the team that I was working with because they were a very hard working and united team. The job hours were very reasonable and the company was very focused on customer service.
Pros
good hours, good team
Cons
low salary
Average
Conseillère mode/vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QCMarch 17, 2017
Chiffres on call et de 3h seulement lorsque temps partiel.
Fun and energetic work place
Sales Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SKDecember 29, 2016
Very fun and energetic retail store made shopping fun especially for women who needed a confidence boost or support shopping alone. Very passionate and focused on customer service over sales goals
Gestion globale
Conseillère & assistante gérante (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières, QCDecember 15, 2016
Les hauts dirigeants non pas une bonne vision du travail en boutique. Cela rend difficile certains points.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 11, 2016
Working at smart set was one of the best experiences in customer services. The working environnement was fin for me filled with love . Every employee was very kind.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short hours
Fun workplace
SALESPERSON AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 8, 2016
Enjoyed working at Smart Set a lot. Allowed me to develop important skills to have for someone who is entering the retail world. Very helpful and friendly co-workers.
Pros
Great learning experience, understanding when it comes to schedules
Cons
Not always super busy
amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Delta, BCFebruary 15, 2016
so much fun and the discount at all the sister stores are just amazing. great place for advancement, and given many opportunities to move ahead
Bannière Smart Set
Chef d'équipe (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCJanuary 24, 2016
La bannière Smart Set m'a beaucoup appris le service à la clientèle et aussi, sur le travail d'équipe et le leadership. Aujourd'hui, cette bannière a fermé ses portes.
Fun Energetic Work Environment
Fashion Stylist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Staff members are great and easy to get along with. Love the fact that i can utilize my customer service skills to cater to each individuals needs/wants
Productive Place
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCDecember 28, 2015
Working with coworkers was enjoyable and we were very productive, but the managment has some flaws.But since smart set will be closing in 2016, there is no job security.
Great styles, reasonable prices, Great customer service
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONDecember 19, 2015
Smaller store, welcoming staff. There is room for growth: Starting out as a Sales Associate you can potentially work your way up to Key Holder, Team Lead or Manager. Overall a god experience in the time that I have been there.
Smart Set Review
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 14, 2015
A typical day at work was always very busy. I had different duties each day but it was always fun. My manager was extremely kind and loving to every girl that worked there. I learned so much teamwork skills while working there, my manager made the store feel like my second home. Everyone that I worked with were like my family. The hardest part of my job would be having to decide how to please the upset customers, when it came to over due return items. This was hard for me because when my manager wasn't there I was technically in charge of making those decisions. The most enjoyable part was coming into the store and learning what the goals are for the day and seeing who I was working with. I am motivated when I have a certain goal to reach and my manager gives me tasks to do. Again, teamwork was a big thing for me so we all worked together.
Pros
Staff I worked with, amazing management
Cons
District Store Managers