Sava Senior Care Employee Reviews

Professional, yet friendly environment
Sr Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2018
A Typical day at SavaSeniorCare Consulting LLC,
Respond to emails and voicemails. Work on license renewal applications. Complete officers and company updates. I learn various software systems, ie..Secretariat, which is use to record company entities, officers information, ownership structure. There was no micro management within the company. Everyone pretty much knew what needed to be done and without questions. The workplace culture was very professional, at the same time it had a family feeling to it. The hardest part of the job was waiting on other departments to get information to you, in order for you to complete your job. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the friendly demeanor of the staff.
Pros
Everyone had the 'team, makes the dream" work attitude
Benefits
Micro-Management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COAugust 21, 2018
No family life. Always covering shifts. Will not hire needs of the facility but wants of the applicants which bumps people out of their hours.

Never any accountability for anyone’s actions such as call in’s or tardy’s. Allows staff to be tardy often ( on a daily basis!) But has terminated other staff for the same issue.

Administrator never leaves the office. Won’t help cover nurse scheduling due to call offs. Won’t come in for manager on duty.

Can not ever get ahold of HR.

Wages are unfair for the area. Resident assistants getting paid more than CNA’s. Which mind you a RA doesn’t have their CNA license. Pay raises are non-existent. No promotion opportunity.

Can not take PTO hours without getting called to see if you can work due to lack of staff.

Residents need quality of care. Not the bottom dollar as management sees it. Needs more staff to take care of residents. Since Colorado doesn’t have a patient vs. CNA ratio they get by with a Skelton crew.

Takes any patient regardless of behaviors and or time needed for cares.
Pros
Cons
Never get a lunch due to cares.
No team work!
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2018
Typically I am familiar with working somewhere where everyone works well together. Each department should be helpful and cooperative. Trying to converse with someone from a different department other than yours is cut throat , unless you’re a male speaking with a female. RCSs doesn’t work well with Nursing, Nursing doesn’t work well with Rehab, etc it’s a continuous circle that makes our job difficult. Poor communication throughout the whole facility. Staff in one department assuming they know everything in another department, with lacking education and professionalism . Common sense isn’t so common in this facility.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Salary, gossip
absolutely not fun very clicky
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  montrose coloradoSeptember 18, 2018
in my career as a nurse for 25 years I have never worked for such a terrible company. No continuation of education and very manegement top heavy. Had to work as a CNA frequently because no CNA's want to work there. very degrading place to work. Was told to let residents hit me. "It doesn't hurt very much anyway. Please find another job. Benefits suck and no raises given
Pros
poor
Cons
no lunches, poor benefits, no communication, management very mean and bully
not organized or well managed
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCJanuary 5, 2019
you have to do jobs that you were not qualified to do and were not in your job description. Also they never gave raises as they would intend to promise you.
Pros
the residents i cared for at sava senior care
Cons
pay and management under staff
Run do not walk away
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2019
No raises or bonuses
Workload is not evenly distributed
Favoritism is beyond ridiculous
Management is a joke and clueless
The people are rude
No opportunity for growth
No clear set procedures or guidelines
Cons
an average place to work
Resident Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCNovember 19, 2018
no room for advancement, over worked under paid. Not enough employees to go around and take care of residents one on one. Management has favorites, not fair across the board.
Pros
love the residents
Cons
low pay no raise
Best company I have ever worked for
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 11, 2018
I loved working for Sava !!!! Division support /company support was outstanding. I was recruited and moved from Chicago to Texas to work for Sava , I was embraced by all and made to feel as if we were family ... Love and miss all of you!! Again, best company to work for .
Pros
Benefits, work for environment, support
Horrible staffing issues
DON (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 13, 2018
Very poor work environment and terrible environment for the residents. Reputation so bad that even agency staff did not want to come back. No corporate support.
Benefits
Cons
Staffing poor, poor reputation, no support, forced to work 12 to 16 hours due to no staff, 30% bariatric patients very labor intensive
Stay away
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WISeptember 27, 2018
Nepotism and back stabbing rampant. Severe abuse and neglect going on in the building and if reported retaliation. You are attacked by families, nurses, nurses aides, and management nothing is ever good enough.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
poor pay, no raises, retaliation, nepotism
just an ok place
Business Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 15, 2019
my issue is i have been here for several months and i still have not had any formal training and probably will not get any. the benefits are are high and not affordable.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
short lunch, pay, and benefits
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 5, 2019
I enjoy this facility and work with some great people. I would recommend this facility if you want a laid back place to work. It pays well and the benefits are pretty good.
Great Opportunity
Managed Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2018
I worked for Sava Senior Care for over a year, had a rough start at first with a manager. She was very belittling and mean. She was replaced with another manager who was great, learned a lot about managed care, in a skilled nursing setting and healthcare administration. Overall it was a good job.
Pros
Learned a great deal, pay, benefits
Cons
Management, favoritism, work stability
Mission Carmichael was a very fun place to work. Management, coworkers, residents were all great.
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carmichael, CAJanuary 2, 2019
Overall I enjoyed my time at Mission Carmichael. I quit a year ago, but looking back at it I liked Mission. Of course there were many days when it didn't seem beneficial to stay (work/life balance was tough some months) but I loved the people I worked with. Management was great, they were always open and available to talk to about any concerns. People who are giving Mission Carmichael a bad rep are the ones who weren't doing what they were suppose to do. Some of the older employees are stuck in their ways, but there are ways around that. IMO you get out what you put in. Yes, there are times when the floor is short, or you have to lend a hand here and there, but that's what its like at my new facility now too. Although there were some changes in upper management a few years back, I feel it was for the better. They always tried to keep the work environment and culture positive and fair. The residents are who I stayed for and I only quit because I had to relocate to be closer to my ill mother.
Pros
Hours, management, bonuses
Cons
Overtime, fast paced, staff turnaround
Horrible Place To Work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 7, 2018
Very poor place to work, No loyalty to the employees and treated them with severe disrespect on more than a weekly basis. Fired 2-3 people a month due to benefits/bonuses about to occur. Never took time for employees let alone staff. As a faithful and loyal person I felt very alone when walking away from the management. Bonuses promised but never came through. Mandated staff daily! Management never assissted with staffing issues, expected staff to staff ourselves if we wanted to leave ontime. On call management usually never answered in the case of emergency. Very poor work environment.
Pros
patients/some co-workers
Cons
Management/staffing/firing people for no reason
Don’t do it to yourself.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  ColoMay 9, 2018
Horrible place to work. They don’t care about the employees. When you have an issue they give you any answer to appease you and get you out of their face and then nothing gets done. The employees are all for themselves. No team work. The nurses have up to 28 patients. Administration is extremely unethical. They’re the only place that doesn’t get a yearly raise with an eval so I don’t know how they keep anyone there longer than a year. Residents are mostly young and homeless and drink and do drugs then harass you for narcs and the long term residents are poorly cared for. I wouldn’t let a loved even drive by this place.
Pros
They hire anyone.
Cons
Extremely stressful and high turn over rate
Special Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2019
Company leadership is built off the buddy system, there are many leadership roles filled with folks that demonstrate unprofessional conduct and it's never addressed timely or fairly by executive team which creates legal concerns for organization, which leads to repeat layoffs. Job commitment or tender with company is not a factor of how you are termed. many team members have work with superior service for over 15-35 years whom continue to be laid off for an unqualified buddy or family member, and friend to fill the role for less pay.
Over all if you are not part of the BUDDY system you will be very uncomfortable until company RESPECT ALL their employed regardless of their job titles. A TEAM make the dream work (TEAM)

However, It's not a bad place to work! Career growth is avaiable in orginazation.
Pros
Flex work schedule
Cons
Lack of respect, between leadership team and team members
Look elsewhere unless you're desperate
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ILOctober 8, 2018
This place is horrible and that's putting it nicely.

The pay was ok but the benefits are expensive.

Management was probably the worse I ever seen but they don't stay very long. They have their favorites but they run off anybody that actually works or has common sense. They are either clueless or belittle other staff members behind their back. They also lie especially about pay, bonuses, basically anything. If they promise you bonuses, time off, etc or if you have to leave them a note then make copies. If you don't, they'll say they never got your note or they never promised you bonuses.

They take in any resident they can especially the combative ones or ones need an insane amount of care when they don't have the staff to properly care for one resident much less 50 residents.

Staffing is horrible. State has been called many, many times because of short staffing. They usually deny you time off, schedule you for extra shifts or make come in early or stay late because of staffing.

If it's not lack of staff, it's lack of supplies. If you run out then you bring your own or do with out.

Corporate doesn't care about about employees, just the bottom line. You call the complaince line or payroll and they rarely call back. If you see them in person, they will tell you they'll fix the problem or contact you. It's a joke. It'll take them at least a month to fix any payroll problems.
Pros
Pay was ok and some of residents and coworkers were nice
Cons
Management lies and is rude. No staff or supplies.
Not my favorite
Unit Manager (RN) (Former Employee) –  Forest Hill, MDSeptember 4, 2018
It was ok. Corporate doesn’t believe in raises. Management needs to learn how to lead by example. It’s like a secret club and you have to be voted in. Too much like high school. No teamwork.
Keep your license, don’t work here
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMarch 16, 2018
I worked for Sava for 1 1/2 years. Given a supervisor position when I had only been charge nurse a few times. Pay is great since the raise. But I received no real training as a supervisor and was set up to fail. I then became a floor nurse and found out about all the favoritism and cliques there. There’s no recognition for a job well done and no room for advancement. I risked my license there due to staffing. At times I passed meds to 40 residents and had to do all the treatments and wound care. Plus Medicare charting, daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly. To their credit they do have 2 nurses on that unit (generally). This was supposed to be done in 8 hours. The residents are great and I miss them and some of the staff I worked with.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No breaks, unless you want to fall behind

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sava Senior Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6