Sandvik Employee Reviews

Good company to work with...
Manager Administration (Current Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraDecember 25, 2015
A very good working culture where your job life and personal life is totally balanced.

With lots of opportunity for career development..
Lot of poltics
Engineer (Former Employee) –  HosurDecember 23, 2015
Work culture is similar to a local marwadi company in this unit.( Hosur). management should be changed completely. Company reputation is spoiled due to some people in this unit
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poltics
learned a lot in different field.
Engineer- MIS (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, WBNovember 15, 2015
I worked there as a sales engineer and maintenance planner for years. My educational domain is mechanical, but I learned a lot in the mining industry.
Here my job life and personal life was totally balanced. Every four months we had a fun gathering, arranged by HR persons.
healthy and funny environment but manangement is not good as a working aspect
design engineer (Current Employee) –  hosur, TamilnaduNovember 7, 2015
although management is not good but colleagues are helping me in learning. I am very passionate to this work but Management is not giving me chance to participate in their project most of the time. They are also correct from their point of view. But here I am getting good scope and visual for my future, whatever I am learning is what and where I need to move in life. After working here I understand where I would take my life.
Pros
free lunches, playing ground, badminton court
Freedom for Work
Asst. General Manager & Business Controller (Former Employee) –  PuneOctober 24, 2015
Indeed freedom for work
Great work life balance
Adheres its core values
Helping co-workers
Weak IT Systems
Less attention towards talent retention
Pros
Strong Core Values
Cons
Lack of Talent Retention across the functions
great place to be at
Mining & Construction Division, as Manager (Former Employee) –  PuneSeptember 25, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management at that time during my stint . Senior management encourages decision making and less red tape.
Pros
good company & great work culture
Cons
Inorgainc growth effecting company culture
good working place
Technologists (Former Employee) –  Dapodi ,PuneAugust 28, 2015
i worked with this company for four and half year,good working place for personal growth,i worked as technologists,location is old mubai pune road ,Dapodi PUNE
Pros
free lunch, free transport
Cons
Sales, Administration, Warehousing (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, APAugust 16, 2015
Leant a lot while working in different roles - from stores management, Administration, Sales Support, Parts Sales and Equipment Sales. Got a very good support from Superiors and Juniors.
Best Place to Get Initial Platform for Career.
Manager- Sales & Key Accounts (Current Employee) –  Kolkata, WBAugust 3, 2015
Ceratizit is the best place to start a Career and Very Good Platform to Learnig ...

Very Conducive Environment to get a Hands on experience to start a career.
Good workplace
Order Desk Executive (Current Employee) –  PuneJuly 29, 2015
Good company to work.I can refer this co to my friends surely.Co is having Creche Facility,Canteen Facility,Transport Facility.This is all free of cost.
Pros
many facilities were offered by Company
Cons
repeated work
My day at work
Currently designated as HRBP APAC (Current Employee) –  Kolkata, WBJuly 22, 2015
Being a strategic HR professional I start my day reviewing plan for the day and then catch up with my collegues in different parts of the world, discuss issues to be addressed and then ensure quick action and follow up.
I have learned a lot about different cultures , laws and legislations etc as the scope of my work has taken me in different countries.
I have a major role to play in influencing the behaviour of management team members and coach them so that they follow the leadership model.
My co-workers in HR service team are supportive and I make sure to have regular interactiuon with them at professional and sometimes at personal level and help them and guide them - we address the challenge together as team that's my approach.
The tough part of my work is travelling 20 days in months and climate and time adjustment become tough.. however these days the tarvel has gone down due to cost savings as business results are bad.
The most enjoyable part is that I could help the performance of my team and individuals - that gives me immense satisfaction as I try to add value to individuals and that's much more than money .....
Best Company to work
Summer Internship (Former Employee) –  Pune, MHMay 23, 2015
Very young and enthusiastic work culture.
Open minded people
Values your opinion
most enjoyable part of this company is they value their people a lot which is absolutely brilliant.
Productive, systematic process planning and healthy work environment
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Pune, MHMarch 2, 2015
Very good management, very energetic peaceful work environment,
As i was an intern over there i gained knowledge in areas like process planning, material management, quality, various types of CNC operations,
Fun Work Place
Assistant Accountant (Current Employee) –  India, MumbaiFebruary 24, 2015
Had got most of my accounting skills from Mr Rajendra. I would say more then an office it was institution for me where I learned most of my accounting skills
Very good workplace
GET - Graduate Engineer Trainee (Former Employee) –  PUNEDecember 13, 2014
I got very good work experience in sandvik. Work environment is nice & helpful.Co workers are very helpful.Love to work in company
Highly professional and challenging
Jr. Executive, Marketing and Sales (Former Employee) –  GJDecember 8, 2014
Sandvik is a global MNC specializing in various areas ranging from machine tool technology to mining and construction to producing seamless stainless steel pipes and tubes used in piping and heat exchanger industries.

Excellent work ethic and the company was completely committed to its core values - building relationships with clients, ethical business dealings etc.

Joined the company as a fresher in the Marketing and Sales dept. and had "on the job training" for six months which included understanding about the whole production process, dealing with enquires, order processing, costing etc., from a marketing perspective.

Was fortunate to have a group of highly energetic and enthusiastic colleagues around me with my boss at the helm of affairs.

The hardest part was obviously the requirement to work for long hours and trying to achieve the targets.

With highly motivated and professional people around me, it was exciting to outperform each other apart from having each other's back all the time - both during good and bad times.
Pros
A lot of opportunities for young people to grow in the industry
Cons
Long hours and an improbable and a stiff target to achieve
Productive, Job secured workplace with limited growth possibilities
Methods Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chiplun, MaharashtraAugust 17, 2014
Every day comes with a new learning.The end of the day always strengthen the positive points and gives a change to come over the weaknesses.
Pros
Secured Job
Cons
Lesser growth apportunities
i learn many things to there
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ahmedabad, GJJune 3, 2014
Sandvik is a high-technology, engineering group with advanced product and a world leading positions within selected areas. Worldwide business activities are conducted through representation in more than 130 countries.

 Handling the CNC Band saw cutting machine and DHDM (deep hole drilling machine).
 Involving the new R & D Projects. And helping.
 Daily production report updates on SAP system.
 Preparing the job card in different job, and material.
 Handling the material movement system.
 Know the SAP system.
good
welding Head (Former Employee) –  HyderabadApril 9, 2014
good management
working smart
co worker good
good environment
good team work under matrix managment
Head of East Zone & Bhutan (Current Employee) –  Delhi, DLApril 9, 2014
good team work among all internal customers and management is so supportive in all aspects .
The job enlargement is best policy i seen there , by which anyone can learn about other co related works and get chance to built a good team .
toughest part of job is collecting old C form and due payment, with continuous follow up customer sometime get irritated.
Enjoyable part is traveling .
Pros
Good DA
Cons
travelling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sandvik. Our community is ready to answer.