Room to Read Employee Reviews

Great Place to work for sure
Officer-People Operations (Current Employee) –  IndiaJuly 17, 2019
Culture where employees are encouraged to work in collaboration , innovate and supports work life balance .

Ample growth and learning opportunities if you willing to work hard
social mobiliser (Current Employee) –  Arain, RajasthanApril 10, 2018
I have learned a lot from this job. In this job I have to give life skill to girls. And I make sure that all girls become self sufficient. management is good.....
There is some hardest part of this job but they don't matter a lot...we should love our work... We should take interest in every work..then everything goes to fun...
Pros
Give life skill
Cons
Room to Read is a great place to work.
Literacy Program Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  District Champawat, UttarakhandJuly 2, 2017
The organisation is a great place to work. you get a independent yet professional working environment.A typical working day would include field visit and documentation plus analysis work sitting in the office. The management gives you time and space to complete a task and stands by its employee in all success and challenges.The most enjoyable part of this job is that we are working with Primary school children and working for kids is awesome. The hardest part of the job comes when we are not open to changes.
Pros
13 month bonus
Cons
A lot of Travelling
Social work in education sector
Literacy coach (Current Employee) –  Raipur, ChhattisgarhFebruary 9, 2017
Management & coaching.
I learn hear how we identify the area of improvement then give motivational feedback so that we achieve our objects.
We work to make a independent reader.

Coaches the school teachers.
Pros
Trainings
Cons
Full time
great work place with full job statisfaction
Research, M&E Director, Asia Region (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiNovember 6, 2016
a great place to work, positive ambience, supporting work culture, participatory management and collective decision making, great organisation committed for improving quality of education across the world, particularly in Asia and Africa, as its belief is that educated children can change the world.
Pros
staff policies, great field exposure to Asian countries
Cons
long hours and work life balancing
About Work related
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiSeptember 6, 2016
No , I had no typical days in Room to Read because I am very happy in this organisation specially with girls.I was learned how do work with adolescent girls. I was enjoyed my job because that we haven't learn in childhood.This organisation gives us that opportunity to achieve and learn now.
good work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New delhiDecember 28, 2014
This is organization working towards education.I did audio transcription work.