Rio Tinto
Coronavirus update
Information from Rio Tinto:

Rio Tinto Employee Reviews

India22 reviews
Great opportunities for inter department transfers, great leaders to work with. Work life balance is great and you are fairly recognised and compensated for your skills
learned management work pressure,company's environment is very sustainable and good ,colleauges are very helpful and understandable,with learning approach.
I have good experience in my project basically we have started my carrier accounting to now SAP consultant .My previous company is core accounting work i have learned very goods experience .
Rio Tinto is an Anglo-Australian multinational and one of the world's largest metals and mining corporations. The company was founded in 1873, when a multinational consortium of investors purchased a mine complex on the Rio Tinto, in Huelva, Spain, from the Spanish government

Salary & Perks are good

Leadership is excellent

Work life balance is excellent

Job Insecurity

Career growth/opportunities record is dismal
I enjoyed working with Rio Tinto and learned many new things in reporting and taxation during my tenure with Rio Tinto and get exposure to utilize my knowledge and experience while working there.
Overall GOOD place to work.
Pros
Free Lunch at office, Cafeteria, Pool table etc.
Cons
Starts very early in morning(being MNC)
It is good place to work. I got some opportunites in 3 years and performed well on that. but on a future purpose there are less opportunities for me .
Working in Rio Tinto is pleasure for me because here they understands employees needs and condition and they accordingly take required actions. they know what a need is for an employee and they take responsibility about their employee's safety.
Pros
Safety Measures
Cons
Job Security
People are friendly and helpful. Gives a high scope of expanding your horizons. Montreal bosses are admirable, their determination and will power influence our working in India region.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Rio Tinto?
Great pay master with exciting oppotunities for those who perform.
I have seen people grow heaps and bounds in this organisation. I am one live example.
Excellent place for job and carer growth .There are followed world class safety masers for all employee and work force.They are maintained similarity with employee and workers.
A great company to work with which works on its guided principal of Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Teamwork. One of the world’s largest mining and metals companies, which believes in sustainable business depends on ability to deliver long-term value to everyone. There has been great learning experiences with the Senior Leadership team driving the Bunder Project located in one of the backward areas of bundelkhand. The management gives independence while carrying out duties and at the same time guides on the mistakes that one can do.

The co-workers are great and are like close family, we collaborate with each other to attain organisational objectives
Culture and environment of Rio is very good but the structure of the organization is flat, which means no scope for growth. work on Recruitment and Talent team is more like operations and nothing much to learn.
>Enjoyable morning meeting to boost-up effort and energy to work
>learned a lot about own safety environment . necessity of Rio Tinto saying "if it is not safe ...Don't do it.

>fantastic learning about easy going working and working in smart way instead of hard work , so that you will be healthy more to work happily ...without sick leave :)

>Co-workers played role of shoulder to support you in every moment of your hands .

>when any tough situation arise its become enjoyable to put effort for team victory .
Pros
Safe life style
Cons
mock drill from 21st floor :(
i was great working with them learnt a lot in my career, i want to grow more and more in my career hence choose Dubai to be my dream job
Excellent work environment , decent benefits , friendly co workers and good work profile but took a maternity leave for a year and half
Its a very horizontal organisation yet its hounded by immense amount of politics, peer groups are very insecure and poor team management.

The micro management done by the C level execs will challenge you to give your best every day, but too much of it kills the thrill.

Peer group insecurity is a deterring factor in the performance as one doesn't get the requisite support from the team.
IS&T Global Reporting project is mainly into developing, updating & maintaining reports for client using SSRS with back bone of ETL system.

Management:

This project also has varied web application for Project Status Dashboards, Critical Incident Management, Ticket Management Systems and windows based applications like Task Schedulers utilized in the ETL process.

Learned:

As a senior software developer my role was to

 Analyze and Build, in which I have to gather requirements from the client as a business analyst since I had good knowledge of the system. Thoroughly analyze the requirements and provide estimates. Proceed with the development of the application/reports using agile methodology. The development cycle was based on SCRUM methodology where we had to communicate with the Product Owner at regular intervals

 Test and Deploy, in which I was expected to do unit testing & peer testing for the part built by fellow developers and provide assistance to team members in getting it deployed into the test & production environment.

Hardest part of the job:

 Support and Advise, in which I have provided 24 x 5 support to the project and provide suggestions and advise on optimizing the application performance and building new areas of development in

the project .

Most enjoyable part of the job:

 Provide Training, in which I have provided training's to the new members in the Team.
Pros
Every quarter get together and fun at work place sometime.
Cons
In Rio Tinto Working environment is very good.Emphasis on Team work with individual responsibility. Most enjoyable part working in Rio Tinto is fixed working hours. Learned alot about working culture in MNC & to deal with Australian counterpart.
Remote Operational Area.
Monotonous.

No Social Life.

Good Healh and Safety Culture

Independency at work

Oppurtunity to learn

Cooperative Staff

Away from family and home ( Melancholic- Home sick)

Long Roasters
A good company with:
• Lots of career opportunities

• Good work culture

• Flexibile timings
Pros
Flexible timings and work culture
Cons
Long working hours