Rentokil Initial Employee Reviews

Not the best place
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  YorkshireJuly 14, 2019
Very demanding workload for the money. Long hours and too many apps to use during the working day. A lot of out of hours work required at not much more than standard hourly rate (anywhere between 7pm and 3am) these do need doing too. Jobs sold with unrealistic timeframes. Certain surveyors way oversell jobs to clients just to make more money for themselves but as a technician it’s your name on the report not theirs. Also has an extremely unrealistic bonus scheme....basically don’t ever expect a bonus at all. Look at the smaller pest company’s if this is what you want to do and avoid the larger ones.
Pros
Great team of people
Cons
Long hours, low pay and unrealistic bonus targets.
Good for career enhancement , learn a lot of knowledge as well as experiance on meeting all level of customer.
Customer Care Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Shah AlamJuly 13, 2019
Good place to work as we be able to gain a lot of knowledge either internal or external issue. Good relationship with the team and support given by the management
Pros
Good staff wellfare, oppprtunity for travel, good career enchancement
Cons
Short head count, high turn over impact all function, many paperwork
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Naas, County KildareJuly 12, 2019
Management were horrible to work with had to travel to naas with manager he refused to talk the whole way other manager spoke to me like a school child they have no respect for new staff I was 35 when I worked there never been spoken to with such little respect in all my life. Fellow drivers are really nice and helpful staff in the office were all really nice but management think they are gods who must be feared.
Pros
Cons
Everything about tbe job and management
Productive and fun workplace
Technician (Current Employee) –  London, Greater LondonJuly 4, 2019
Rentokil have a fantastic training team and colleagues who go above and beyond to help you in your career. The overtime is always avaliable and pays very well
Pros
Youre your own boss
July 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. Our training team take great pride in the courses they generate and deliver; they will appreciate your comments. It's great also to hear you have the support from fellow colleagues alongside you. We try to encourage as much teamwork as possible amongst our branches. Keep taking advantage of the overtime and thanks again.

Excellant
Technician (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and WearJuly 4, 2019
Great company and will always show great opportunities and further training and and develop. Always great opportunities to further skills and knowledge
July 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. You have made plenty of comments about the training, support and opportunities we provide to our colleagues and thank you for this. For those who are engaged in the workplace and work hard for their customers, there will always be progression opportunities and development opportunities in the shape of extra responsibilities or training courses.

Excellent company
Surveyor (Current Employee) –  FarhamJuly 4, 2019
It's an excellent company that has great rewards. Lots of career progression and generally a creative to work. If you are willing to work hard, you will be rewarded.
Pros
Wage, people and experience
Cons
No cons
July 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. I'm pleased to hear that you appreciate the varied and incentivised rewards on offer, we strive to provide the best all-around package we can provide to our colleagues. Keep taking advantage of what is on offer!

Marketing Manager

Great company to work for!
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  London, Greater LondonJuly 4, 2019
Rentokil has given me a chance to grow up as a professional and learned tones of new and interesting things. Happy to say that will stick with them!!!!
July 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. That's great to hear and we're happy to have you! This job is what you make of it, whether a job for life or career to build and grow. Keep taking full advantage of the learning opportunities with us!

Colleague Great - Management Terrible
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  London, Greater LondonJune 30, 2019
Review as of Six Months with the Company

Typical work day is 8 - 5 with very litle flexibility

What i learned? how to organise myself and learned to never rely on mangement.

Management? Don't know if it was just my area i worked in but it was poor, no store room for six months and very little field support from managers.

Workplace Culture? First the techs on the ground are great, always willing to help, always trying to support you if your struggling. Manager, only care about numbers how many jobs you complete and have very little care if you have jobs longer than others or travel time or if you need something, you expected to make do.

Hardest part of the Job? Dealing with customers, working in a high residential area, you have to deal with constant cancelations and the longer hours that can happen because of closing times of certain places.

Most Enjoyable part of the Job? Working with some great techs, always have a great laugh with them and they make the job bareable. plus you get some lovely customers who will treat you well.
Pros
Plenty of Chance to earn overtime and commission
Cons
Long Hours, very little support and over worked
July 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. I'm really glad you have enjoyed working alongside your colleagues, we very much focus on hiring people that fit into the family culture which we've established in Rentokil Initial.

I am sorry to hear that you have not had the support you should have received. We have a lot of measures in place to support our staff, whether it be management and senior colleagues in the field or your trainers in our training facilities. It is uncommon for us to receive such negative comments against management and if you wish to provide further information in confidentiality, you can contact us on feedback-uk@rentokil-initial.com. Thanks again.

Marketing Manager

Think carefully before you pass up an opportunity to work for Rentoki-Initial
Technical Training Manager (Current Employee) –  United KingdomJune 30, 2019
Every job has it's off days, and don't get me wrong Rentokil-Initial is not without them, but don't let the occasional Monday back after a BBQ, or month end when the deadlines are closing in put you off...

Many people who join this business often tend to think of it as a stop gap particularly when you join at the bottom, but let me assure you of this, very few people ever stay at the bottom for very long if you are willing to work hard.

I joined Rentokil in 2010 as a maintenance technician in our Midlands processing branch "a man with a spanner" for want of a better phrase, knees and elbows deep in grease, but that is where the journey began, through some incredible senior management support, plenty of opportunities to travel and a plethora of projects to flex my grey matter I found myself developed into the first Technical Consultant outside of Rentokil's pest control department, where I was involved in everything from new product development to day to day staff training and PR projects - I mean some days I was involved in technical discussions with half of the world, then the next I was teaching children how to wash their hands... Where else might you see variety like it?

I would be happy to say that the journey ended there, but it's still moving, I am now responsible for the Technical training team for 4 businesses, with my own team of Technical consultants and I can only believe I am still growing within this company, I have a superb team around me, I have excellent support from my management team and I have the freedom and autonomy that I really think I would struggle
  more... to find anywhere else in other company of this size.

This company has had such an impact on my life it's almost impossible to put into words, The management team are insanely passionate about the business, the people make it something else and the job variety is second to none, so before you pass up Rentokil-Initial take a moment to read some of the other inspirational feedback here on Indeed, because my story isn't an uncommon story in this company.

To those who are genuinely looking to work hard to get places, you can stop looking now.
Pros
Development opportunities, Management support, You are not just a number, variable pay.
Cons
Company car list leaves a little bit to be desired but gets better with promotions
July 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. You paint an excellent image of the harder days in the business as well as the great variety that you see in this company. It is a credit to the hard work you have delivered to reach the level you have and a reminder to all who read this that it is very possible for themselves too.

I'm so pleased you feel that you are strongly supported as this is a key pillar for Rentokil Initial. We do our very best to ensure our colleagues continue to learn and develop with us, no matter what stage of their career they are in. Keep up the excellent work and keep inspiring those around you.

staff good job not so
Delivery Driver Multi Drop (Current Employee) –  Okehampton, DevonJune 27, 2019
Driving round Devon and Cornwall picking up waste from ladies toilets plus changing the odd occasional mat Should have thought about leaving earlier. Management can be okay but have made mistakes. The workplace is okay but one or two drivers can cause problems. The thing that is getting to me is the smell and state of the ladies sanitary bins. Was enjoyable when i first started but not anymore.
Pros
Used to get cheap Wimbledon towels
Cons
The smell
July 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's a shame that you fell out of love with the job of a Service Driver. The smells, as you can imagine, are not something we can particularly change and is something people who are considering applying should be aware of.

We often hear about the positive teamwork and atmosphere from our Okehampton branch, so we shall raise the finer points about possible disruption at the next management meeting.

I must find out how to get a cheap Wimbledon towel of my own! Thanks again.

Fun workplace
Technician (Current Employee) –  HampshireJune 27, 2019
Good fun place to work, good benefits love the people I work with manager good. Good overtime. Always understanding as I have a family. Like working on my own
Pros
Good over time
July 10, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We have a close-knit family atmosphere despite being a big company and this is another example of someone enjoying our workplace - great to hear! We have many colleagues with families and if you're putting the effort in when you're at work, we'll fully support your life decisions.

I am sorry to hear that you feel the hours are too long, they do however come with their reward, giving great customer satisfaction and the opportunity to be paid overtime. Keep up the good work.

Productive and enjoyable
Technician (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, NottinghamshireJune 27, 2019
The training they give you is very interesting. The level 1 and 2 training are made to be fun and interesting by the trainers.
It is the first time in 17 years I've actually had both Saturday and Sunday off and now get to spend time with the family.
Pros
Training.
Cons
Call outs.
July 10, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. Your trainers will be pleased by the comments you have left as they take great pride in the wide range of courses they deliver throughout the business. What more could you ask for than a great work/life balance? Proper and predictable time off.

In some roles in the business, we do require call-outs from technicians, which can earn you money through overtime but is something to be aware of before applying. Thanks again.

Great Job
Technician (Current Employee) –  North EnglandJune 27, 2019
Best job ive had by far. Its an interesting job with a lot of variety. The days your own for the most part, you plan what calls you want to do and in what order. The people are a good laugh and there's always someone there to help when you need it. Plenty of avenues to go down within the company depending on your interests as well.
Pros
Enjoyable work.
July 10, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm pleased that you are so enthused by your role at Rentokil Initial and you have brought up some important points about working life with us. Many elements of your day are planned by you to suit how you like to work and your manager is always contactable, as well as your fellow colleagues.

It sounds like you have a great team spirit and good luck in exploring those avenues for the future!

Marketing Manager

Overall good company and one if the few left who strive to give you a career and job for life
Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West MidlandsJune 27, 2019
Great training and development programme and encouragement, support and advice to get you there. Average wage but, lots if chances to earn more. Average earnings....£25,000 per year.
Pros
Free Vehicle
Cons
Demanding Hours
July 10, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I really appreciate the title you've written; for the right person this is certainly a job for life, but it can be more than that if you want it to be as there are opportunities to progress and to receive a high amount of training.

You touch on a very important point about our earnings. We're a performance-based organisation, so if you're willing to work hard and perform, you will see a real difference in your earnings. Our customers do expect a high level of service and this can extend hours during busy periods. Do speak to your manager if the workload becomes too much. Thanks again.

Foot tech (Current Employee) –  London, Greater LondonJune 27, 2019
Excellent training with this company, I really enjoy my job here. The opportunities here are endless. And I hope to go up through the ranks, to take my rentokil career very far.
Pros
Good job home balance
July 4, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. If you are looking to progress through the ranks then you have joined the right company, last year we promoted over 200 individuals across the UK!

Ambition is one thing, you will have to perform well and show you have the ability to succeed in a higher position, which may sometimes require those extra hours to gain excellent feedback from your customers. If you manage to do so, the future is bright and I wish you the best of luck.

Fun productive workplace
Technician (Current Employee) –  London, Greater LondonJune 27, 2019
Rentokil is a great company to work for, excellent training and customer service, a pleasure to work for, great communications between each other. Excellent company
Pros
Communication
Cons
No family life
July 4, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. The customer service provided is only excellent because of the effort given by our colleagues on a daily basis, which you contribute to. It's great to hear that you enjoy the level of communication within the business.

With regards to work/life balance, we often have colleagues praising this area of their job, so I am surprised by this specific comment. If you find yourself working too many overtime hours, have a conversation with your manager about how this can be changed if this is indeed the issue. I am sure your manager will be happy to support you in any way they can. keep up the good work!

Marketing Manager

Good job for people who want to be kept busy and manage their own work load
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North YorkshireJune 27, 2019
Rentokil is a great company for people who want to advance through a company. They put a lot time into their employees and the techs and management are great to work with
July 3, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Absolutely, no matter where you start in the company, if you are ambitious and hardworking, you will give yourself the chance for internal promotion. Our training and support functions are key for us to grow our future managers, so you won't be promoted and expected to know what you're doing, we'll develop you.

I'm glad you're also enjoying your time with your colleagues and management, keep up the good work!

Marketing Manager

Great work place fair and Exciting
Technician (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, HampshireJune 27, 2019
Rentokil is a fantastic company to work for they are brilliant and fair working . It's excellent training and progression is fantastic . I Truley love my job and working for Rentokil
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Smelly
July 3, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. Keep making the most of the continued training we provide at each stage of your career with us and this will allow you to take advantage of the progression on offer in Rentokil Initial.

The smell is something that needs to be taken into account if you're applying for a role with us. As a technician, you are not going to be in the cleanest of environments! Thanks again.

Great all round company
Technician (Current Employee) –  Middlewich, CheshireJune 27, 2019
Great work life balance, lots of opportunities for extra money (commission, bonus, overtime) and very interesting and varied work. Lots of freedom to work the way you want and great work culture.
Pros
Freedom, interesting and varied work
Cons
Sometimes late night/early morning work
July 3, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. You've highlighted some great perks about working here and your positivity suggests you're making use of the extra ways to earn as well. I'm pleased to hear you've struck the right work-life balance with Rentokil Initial.

We trust those we hire because we focus on hiring the right fit to our caring, customer-focused and hardworking colleagues. You have raised occasional different working hours, usually due to the available overtime on offer, but this tends to not always be a regular 9am-5pm job in nature, something to bear in mind if you're thinking of applying.

Brilliant company.!
Pest control technician (Current Employee) –  London, Greater LondonJune 27, 2019
Training is brilliant, the trainers are also great! Opportunity is endless! Everyday is different when working for Rentokil. Can travel around also which is good!
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Hotel beds are hard
July 3, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five-star review. I'm sure our trainers will appreciate your positive comments, they work very hard to keep the content they teach to be informative and enjoyable.

I'm glad you enjoy the travel as there's plenty of driving between customers as a Pest Control Technician, many previous reviews agree with you that there is much variety to be had in your daily responsibilities! Keep up the good work!

Marketing Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rentokil Initial. Our community is ready to answer.