Qualys Employee Reviews

Culture is sub-optimal
Manager (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Management has an ivory tour syndrome. No strategic direction from leadership. Folks work hard but with no direction they are going in circles. Customers are figuring things out.
Hard work is expected
Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, BerkshireSeptember 29, 2017
Qualys is a good place for anyone to work if they are willing to work very hard and give over and above their expected working hours each day. If you want working from home Qualys is not the company for you.
Qualys Technical Support
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CASeptember 9, 2017
There was a large turnover in different levels including high levels.

I was not happy to be put into a role that I had no skill set and not interest. This was made clear at the outset to the manageement who just needed to fill a spot. The lowered the chance for success and meant losing time.
Pros
medical
Cons
very odd environment -- not in step with modern practices
Toxic work environment
Team Lead Pre-Qualification (North America) (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAJune 6, 2017
The environment at Qualys is toxic to say it politely. The Management is the root cause of this. They are squashed by the CEO every week and berated for not being as "perfect" as he is. This then causes other managers to throw other colleagues under the bus in hopes of not being blamed for poor performance. Also, there is a huge problem with Nepotism here. You'll end up either reporting or managing a "family member" of the CEO. They often times are not hard workers. If they do not like you for any reason, you will be on the CEO's bad side. In short, they have a great product, but a micro manager of a CEO who creates the negative environment. Not a healthy place for advancement or work life balance.
Management is great at providing Opportunities
Lead Business Analyst & NetSuite Administrator (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 11, 2017
I started at Quays as a Customer Service Agent and was able to move up within the company with ease. My manager allowed me to have opportunities that I would not have had at other locations and due to her I was able to learn and become a great Netsuite Administrator.
- The hardest part was the work/life balance. Doing calls to the India team at 11pm PST and finalizing at 12:30am.
- I enjoyed most working with my team members and allowing us to all learn from each other.
- Healthcare is one of the best that I have had
Qualys
Principal Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  California USNovember 24, 2016
Fantastic experience! Everyone was super professional and extremely experienced. They all came from very diverse backgrounds which meant you had an opportunity to continually learn the new aspects of the business. Management was great and really experienced. I would work there again in a heartbeat
Pros
Financial possibilities. Advancement, travel, education, technology
Cons
Difficult life/work balance.
Empresa Dinâmica e Agradavel
Assistente Administrativo (Former Employee) –  Curitiba, PRNovember 23, 2015
Empresa familiar no ramo de plásticos, assistente administrativo aonde, fazia agendamento de coleta com transportadora, faturamento de nota fiscal, emissão de nota fiscal, cobrança financeira, arquivo contábil de contas a receber e contas a pagar, admissão e rescisão de funcionários, inclusão e exclusão de colaboradores nos planos médicos e odontológico.
Pros
Conhecimento na área Administrativa - Fiscal - RH e Financeira
Cons
Não possui filial no Rio Grande Do sul aonde moro atualmente
Tranquille et sans pression
Réceptionniste week end (Former Employee) –  Lyon, B9February 3, 2015
le week end tranquille sans aucune pression car perssonne derrière ton dos t chef de toi mm mais 12h c long
Empresa muito agradável e responsavel
Desenhor de Imagen empresarial (Current Employee) –  Lima, LIMNovember 2, 2014
trabalhava em casa via internet com facilidade de horário e com possibilidade de crescimento.
Excellent product and thriving industry
Business Qualification Representative (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAJuly 29, 2014
Qualys gave me the wonderful opportunity to start my career in Sales. As a SDR at a SaaS-based security company I was challenged to qualify cold/warm leads for PCI compliance, Vulnerability management and web application scanning. The Qualys product is very well engineered and a leading provider in the VM space. This made things very easy when marketing the product to prospective customers - get them to try a trial and they are sold!
Pros
Medical Coverage
Cons
Training/Guidance
agradavel
Cadista (Former Employee) –  Guarulhos, SPMarch 26, 2014
uma ótima empresa, aprendi muito com eles
uma micro empresa com só 4 funcionários
mas ótima para trabalhar em equipe um ajudando o outro
Buen ambiente de trabajo, empresa joven.
Director de Operaciones (Former Employee) –  MadridAugust 6, 2013
Mi labor en esta empresa consistía en la gestión de la estructura de rutas nacionales y plataformas. Control de calidad de la agencias que componían la red nacional. Selección, contratación y organización del personal de operaciones. Contratación, facturación y supervisión de los proveedores de rutas. Elaboración y mejora de los manuales operativos.
La relación con el grupo directivo fue fluida en todo momento.
Lo peor de esta experiencia fue la falta de previsión financiera por parte del grupo de inversores, lo que provocó no poder llevar a buen puerto un proyecto innovador e ilusionante en el sector del transporte urgente.
Pros
Ambiente laboral y relaciones humanas
Cons
Jornada laboral muy amplia
Great Comp. to work for
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  New OrleansDecember 7, 2012
Best management I've had in my 20 years of working for any company.
On s'occuppe de vous
technicien informatique (Former Employee) –  bourgesMay 23, 2012
Ils sont très réactifs. Ils négocients bien pour que vous ayez un environnement de travail idéal.
Pros
ticket restaurants
Cons
long pour résoudre les problèmes non courant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Qualys. Our community is ready to answer.