Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Employee Reviews

it is the biggest research institute your exposure to everything is too much but at the same time you'll get to learn alot by your day to day service
Laboratory Technologist (trainee) (Current Employee) –  ChandigarhNovember 30, 2018
I loved working here.. never wanna leave this institution as i have learnt alot about patient dealing, handling and working of various analyser which is not available outside. Nice place to work.
Place where you get wide clinical and research exposure and you can hone your skills
Ph D fellow (Former Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhJuly 25, 2018
The day used to start at eight in the morning where one hour was devoted to academics. We were give different rotations with in the department as well as in the ancillary departments which gave us a keen insight into various clinical and research scenarios. The faculty was highly competent and looked after our professional as well as personal needs. The colleagues were co-operative, however at times it was difficult to cope up with the work load. However the social life was good with frequent outings and get-together.
PGIMER is an institution of excellence.
Senior Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhMay 5, 2018
PGIMER Chandigarh has a leadership role in development of patterns of teaching in medical education and provides excellent patient care facilities.
A stint at PGI is such a stimulating and a great learning experience.
The job involved general administrative and personnel administration of more than 4000 employees including faculty.
PGIMER being an institution of excellence maintains high standards of medical education & research which is possible by a perfect co-ordinated effort of all departments of the Institute.
The hardest aspect of the job is to meet the deadlines since the Institute never compromises with the dead-lines.
The challenges of the diverse activities that precede and the commitment of the actors reflects the institutional ethos.Being a part of such an organizational environment and the challenges of the tasks make the job experience very enjoyable.
Productive and fun workplace
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhMarch 15, 2018
Working atmosphere is very great. Staff is very cooperative. Learn a lot to work in administration. As salary is not much that's why want to do a part-time. My experience will help me to give my utmost efforts to the firm.
Pros
working staff is very cooperative
It is challenging job
RN (Former Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhOctober 27, 2017
This was tough to work with sich newborn babies who were barely able to breath or tube fed. It was very stressful to see families suffering with their meagre resources but providing every effort to pray for their neonates survival.
nursing is a dynamic and a noble profession. it is always a privilege to work in such a multi cultured environment and health care professionals .
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhSeptember 21, 2017
Since nursing is a very challenging profession,i loved my job.
Had to work round the clock in care and management of the sick babies as well as had to be vigilant all the time while working with the critically sick babies on ventilators.
It was an excellent opportunity for me working in this institute as i acquired strong communication skills, maintained good interpersonal relationships with the parents and the family members of the babies.
Moreover, i learned unit management and leadership skills.
learned motivation as well as how to be patient during emergency situations
Also acquired cooperation and assistance skills with the team members and the nursing staff.
Pros
relaxation hours inbetween the shifts were provided
Cons
too long night shifts
Productive and fun workplace
Medical technologist (Former Employee) –  ChandigarhSeptember 7, 2017
Best place for everything but frequent night shifts spoil the entire digestive system.

temporary employee so no job security.

food arrangements were good
not good
PhD Researcher (Former Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhAugust 30, 2017
Especially Department of biochemistry
If you are someone who treasures each day of your life
Dont go there
The place is uncomfortable
Such narrow minded, third class faculty
They are all egoistic people
feed their ego, if u can do that, go enjoy at PGI
nice and excellent place for working
Senior Resident (Former Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhJuly 28, 2017
lots of learning from this institute
recent medical literatures
recent guidlines and publications
evidence based medicine
cooperation between the departments and best patient care
learning and best teaching programme for junior and senior residents
Pros
recent updates on literature
Cons
prolonged working hours
good experience
Intern in B. Sc (Former Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhJune 19, 2017
good working experience in emergency area. workplace culture helps to grow physically, mentally and socially. higher job satisfaction and job security.

Want to know more about Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research?

Ask a question
Very Gud learning space
Radiographer (Current Employee) –  Chandigarh, INDIAMay 19, 2017
A World Class institution with world class faculty pioneers of there field making it one of the greatest institution .center of excellence which endeavors to develop patterns of teaching in postgraduate medical education in as many branches as possible and attempt to produce specialists in several disciplines of medicine.
Competent and productive
Junior Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhMay 5, 2017
Research and development promoting environment , exposure to health system of different states and projects . good work culture and hard deadlines are given
Pros
good working environment
Cons
hectic
chandigarh adani. gas. pvt.ltd.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhMarch 16, 2017
Please my drive to test any person for pgimer employees before my job working high court running but is my family problems with my job cancel please select me very very thankful
Pros
any time
Cons
any time
Its a Govt Job
Its a Government Job (Current Employee) –  FacultyMarch 12, 2017
Typical public sector health care style. Fixed salary. No credit for work. Class 3 & 4 employees are typical obstructive in growth of these centres. Babudom halts everything here....
Pros
Job security
Cons
Pay package
attached with executive engineer
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhSeptember 14, 2016
daily i have to spend more time with our boss.
i have learned many things
management their were cooperative
our co workers are very nice
spend more time
Pros
free lauces
Cons
Varieties of cases..Good exposure..
Senior Resident (Current Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhSeptember 12, 2016
In spite of long duty hours working in pgimer is fun because of the varieties of cases and the academic environment of the department.We also get to operate a lot of cases hands on
Well reputed centre for medical education
Doctor Ophthalmololgy (Current Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhSeptember 3, 2016
We start our work 8 am and used to see minimum 80 patients per day. Diagnosis is the most enjoyable part of our job
Working in this institute very nice.
Pros
Well experienced Faculty
Cons
Busy Schedule
Productive and good training experience
DM in Pediatric Rheumatology and Immunology (Current Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhMay 17, 2016
Work at PGI is enjoyable and the experience is fabulous. The services provided to the needy are excellent. The staff is cordial. It is rightly called the temple of knowledge
Pros
Good experience
Productive work place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  CANDIGARH ,INDIAMarch 29, 2016
This is really a good work placement site.I learned a lot during my job.I really appreciate this place.Management of this institute is awesome.
co-operation and team work were the best part of my job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhFebruary 6, 2016
I embraced the helping attitude of all team workers who recognized the value of the efforts taken by every team member for the benefit of patients. During the critical time of the day, it was always very difficult to perform alone especially during an emergency. Therefore, it gave me a sense of satisfaction when we used to save a client's life by taking the efforts together. I think that's the most enjoyable part of my job when i see someone is getting better due to my efforts.
Pros
High salary
Cons
long night hours