Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research

Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Employee Reviews

India60 reviews
I did my MD and Senior residency from this place. The PATHOLOGY faculty, academics is number one in whole India. No doubt they make you self independent with personality development and boost your confidence. I thank my alma mater for making me what I am today.
Learning skills
Corporate and Govt organisation World

Progressive world

Nice staff members

Patient Education

Drug Dosing and Dispensing

System Troubleshooting

OS Installation and Management
It's very good institute for learning..I learnt a lot here....but do not wish to excel ...Because as soon as you start acknowledging your knowledge.. your colleagues and even supervisors starts pulling you backward..
Excellent and informative. Good Place to learn. Working culture. More number of patients and more learning. Salary is ok but has to increase more for residents especially.
I look this institute as an epitome of medical services. Here all work as a team for the welfare of patients. Here emergencies are available 24*7 despite any holiday without compromise in the service
Pros
A lot of work
Cons
No time for oneself
It is a to say about this Postgraduate Institute. It is hard get an entry although I entered with my first attempt in 1988. Although the curricula were tough, I still believe it to be the right way to get through. Teachers, seniors and other colleagues were excellent. I learnt a lot which I applied a lot throughout my professional career. Presently my PG Institute is far advanced.
Mand far
PGIMER is one of the premier most institute of medical education and research in India. Great exposure and learning. Pays well and provides with good job security.
I learned a lot while working in this institute. It was one of the best research organization in terms of infrastructure, instruments, lab facilities, and workplace culture.
It is good place to learn from seniors. Salary is always on time. People will motivate you and guide you in your work. It is the best place to work both for freshers and experienced people.
Although as PGIMER was a government hospital, so the number of patients were more. I learnt how to manage work on a busy working day. Responsibility is the main thing when it comes to patient care and their treatment. Workplace had all the basic facilities available for the trainee as well as for the other staff available. Sometimes, as i had to do overtime due to the workload so, i used to work there until it was over. The most enjoyable part was doing studies on MRI machine daily.
learned life savings skills and clinical examinations in three years of my tenure.
The best place to learn and implement your skills.

efficiently managed emergency cases and counselled about the various diseases.

it has a very healthy atmosphere for practicing .
PGIMER Chandigarh is a the most prestigious Medical Institute of the country. It is an institute of national importance and international repute and is well known for its state of the art infrastructure and advanced medical practices. It ranks the second best Medical Institute in India and is world wide famous for accredited physicians, nursing staff and other allied health care staff. It is rather a very busy 2200 bedded hospital which serves separate individual centers for Trauma and Emergency, Peadiatrics center, Cardiac center, Eye center Image guided Radio-therapy and drug de-addiction center. In addition to that it also has a satellite center in operation at Sangroor District in Punjab province of India. It is renowned for providing health care services and treatment to various kinds of illnesses through all ages of patients. I feel proud to be a part of this institute.
Pros
Challenging work culture
Cons
Too busy round the clock
One of the best place to study and work in , it gave me full exposure to new life experiences. We were being made to indulge in both curricular and co curricular activities , then in patient care Nd lots of conferences.
Pros
Frequent conferences
I loved working here.. never wanna leave this institution as i have learnt alot about patient dealing, handling and working of various analyser which is not available outside. Nice place to work.
The day used to start at eight in the morning where one hour was devoted to academics. We were give different rotations with in the department as well as in the ancillary departments which gave us a keen insight into various clinical and research scenarios. The faculty was highly competent and looked after our professional as well as personal needs. The colleagues were co-operative, however at times it was difficult to cope up with the work load. However the social life was good with frequent outings and get-together.
PGIMER Chandigarh has a leadership role in development of patterns of teaching in medical education and provides excellent patient care facilities.
A stint at PGI is such a stimulating and a great learning experience.

The job involved general administrative and personnel administration of more than 4000 employees including faculty.

PGIMER being an institution of excellence maintains high standards of medical education & research which is possible by a perfect co-ordinated effort of all departments of the Institute.

The hardest aspect of the job is to meet the deadlines since the Institute never compromises with the dead-lines.

The challenges of the diverse activities that precede and the commitment of the actors reflects the institutional ethos.Being a part of such an organizational environment and the challenges of the tasks make the job experience very enjoyable.
Working atmosphere is very great. Staff is very cooperative. Learn a lot to work in administration. As salary is not much that's why want to do a part-time. My experience will help me to give my utmost efforts to the firm.
Pros
working staff is very cooperative
This was tough to work with sich newborn babies who were barely able to breath or tube fed. It was very stressful to see families suffering with their meagre resources but providing every effort to pray for their neonates survival.
Since nursing is a very challenging profession,i loved my job.
Had to work round the clock in care and management of the sick babies as well as had to be vigilant all the time while working with the critically sick babies on ventilators.

It was an excellent opportunity for me working in this institute as i acquired strong communication skills, maintained good interpersonal relationships with the parents and the family members of the babies.

Moreover, i learned unit management and leadership skills.

learned motivation as well as how to be patient during emergency situations

Also acquired cooperation and assistance skills with the team members and the nursing staff.
Pros
relaxation hours inbetween the shifts were provided
Cons
too long night shifts
Best place for everything but frequent night shifts spoil the entire digestive system.

temporary employee so no job security.

food arrangements were good
Especially Department of biochemistry
If you are someone who treasures each day of your life

Dont go there

The place is uncomfortable

Such narrow minded, third class faculty

They are all egoistic people

feed their ego, if u can do that, go enjoy at PGI
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research. Our community is ready to answer.
4.6