PHOENIX group
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from PHOENIX group:

PHOENIX group Employee Reviews

My time at Phoenix has introduced me to a number of new subjects and further developed my skillset.
I gained valuable experience working in a Solvency II environment and all the checks and controls associated with it.

I have been introduced to a number of strategic goals and deliverables, such as developing a Bulk Purchase Annuity proposition, writing a PRA paper for an asset class, and working on the transition of services and systems for recent acquisitions and sales one business.

The BA role at Phoenix has a more strategic focus than you might find with many employers, which can be both very challenging but also very interesting and rewarding.
First week, team seemed professional and friendly, but dont be fooled. Found management two faced. one innocent mistake with an apology led to i Contract ending with immediate effect. Would not recommend a temporary role with Phoenix as they dont play fair.
Pros
Cons
Unfair
You are well supported and guided through your training, far more than any other workplace I have been in. The management are supportive and very available if you need them. The job is more demanding that anticipated but again you are well supported.
Pros
Supportive colleagues, nice enviroment.
They stick up posters to pretend they’re inclusive it’s a horrible place to be there is a terrible culture of seniors bullying subordinates which goes unresolved by a weak HR department lovely building free lunches but terrible and troubled culture
Slow pace and a lot of politics in senior management. However the company does provide excellence staff benefit and very good work life balance. Good package too.
Good place to work, free food, and table tennis. Plenty of parking working as a contractor, so didn't deal with many of the staff. ********************
I was at the Phoenix Group for work experience and as such cannot comment on a normal workday as I never experienced one. However, from what I did experience, the employees and environment are all very positive and open - it would be a great place to work.
Good support for personal growth ( CFA, Actuarial studies)
Good location ( right by St Pauls)

People are genuinely nice and helpful

good overall package
Enjoyed working at Phoenix and found the company very good at career development.

Worked with a good team and had a good working relationship with all staff on site.
The beautiful surroundings, free parking, sports facilities and free lunches lull you into a false pretence that this is a great company to work for. There is a lot of passive aggressive behaviour which is ignored, particularly by one department who’s jobs are supposed to be to engage the work force which has the opposite effect on employees generally.

The company aims to be modern thinking and continuously sends out surveys to staff, but doesn’t quite achieve the goal to improve its culture. Until the bullying is tackled and certain teams are managed or closed down, I can’t see things improving. Senior Management need to open their eyes and listen to employee feedback.

Stay away from this company!
Pros
Stunning grounds, free lunches, sports facilities, free parking
Cons
Poor management styles, untackled passive aggressive, selective hearing when it comes to bullying
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PHOENIX group?
The Phoenix Group care about the employees they have working for them and value the contribution they make. this is reflected in the low turnover of staff.

Fantastic facilities are on offer, restaurant, gym, sports facilities, work life balance.
Pros
Free lunches, great working environment, good work-life balance.
Cons
In general it was a great place to work and I enjoyed my time there. I worked there as a Test Manager with Business Analyst work also being required so it was a great mix of requirements but certainly well suited to my skills
The people are some of the hardest working people i have met.
The role was very demanding and diverse.

Stakeholder management was a vital element of the job.

The culture is very people focused.
a hardworking but challenging environment brought about by aggressive acquisition strategy. Good support from peers but team mergers caused some uncertainties
Pros
free lunches, good on site facilities
Cons
long hours.
Good working environment however I was TUPEd from a previous employer to Phoenix Wealth and am now being made redundant. It is difficult for me to comment on most aspects of the culture however I feel they could look into allowing employees to work remotely.
Every day was different, lots of mundane duties but also plenty of reactive incidents.
Heavily into charity and corporate responsibility, sometime interfered with day to day operations.
Work hard play hard. I learnt about company relations & how to effectively use excel for common tasks in the financial field. My communication skills were also developed whilst listening in on meetings.
Pros
Free lunches
Phoenix Group is a great place to work, the HR in this company is the best I ever saw in my life.
Company with exceptional benefits and place to work.

Everybody very helpfull all the time.
Pros
Free lunch, benefits
Cons
IT area immature
A very busy and fast paced environment with great staff and management team. Everyone is respectful of people, good level of socialising, I didn't feel left out even though I was a temp.

The most enjoyable part is events and booking fantastic restaurants and liaising with external high office.
Pros
Great culture and superb colleagues
a very good atmosphere, still will be working here as my heart is set within this field and can grow, however any part time vacancies i would be interested in.
Good environment, corporate but not stiff, friendly people. Stable, straight forward role, with continuous flow of work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at PHOENIX group. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3