Pharm-Olam International Employee Reviews

CRA Prague
Clunical Trial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Praha, Hlavní město PrahaFebruary 2, 2019
Terrible experience.Terrible manager.Terrible everything.Only lies
Challenging workplace
IT (Former Employee) –  UKSeptember 19, 2018
Company is very focused around meeting challenging objectives and deliverables. As a result little time given to personal development and career progression.
small contract research organisation
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Ascot, BerkshireSeptember 19, 2018
small to medium size global company with friendly culture and growth opportunities. the emphasis on supporting the employees makes it a place worth working at.
Stay away
Previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2018
Unless you are one of the chosen in this company stay away. The minute you start to think for yourself and it is different from the thoughts of the executive team then watch out. The work environment becomes very hostile there is no job security and watch your back. The company is extremely top heavy and don't trust anyone.
Pros
Cons
hostile environment
POI is a great place to work
Lead/ Clinical Research Associate & team member (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 21, 2018
I was in In house CRA at POI.

The company is great however the management staff needs some improvement.

Again the company is great. I would go back if asked.
Good Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2018
Overall, I enjoy working at Pharm-Olam. There are several changes going on within the company, and for the most part they are good. Poor management is being pushed out. There are big things coming for this company in between now and 2020. It is a great time to join.
Pros
Great people, Lots of room for advancement
Cons
History of keeping poor management based on years with the company. This is changes with new CEO
Good place to work overall
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 13, 2018
I was given a lot of freedom to work on what tasks I deemed as priority. Although it is a great place to work at, it is not a great place to expect job growth, job training or promotions. At least in my department.
Pros
Freedom to choose my own priorities, Friendly work environment
Cons
Little room to grow in my department
Great Learning experience
Clinical Research Associate II (Former Employee) –  São Paulo/BrazilJanuary 31, 2018
Employees committed to the company.
Great learning experience.
Virtual teams from all over the world.
Chance to participate in all aspects of a clinical trial project.
Excellent Global staff, teams, department heads
Director, Data Management (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 14, 2017
Working with global staff was excellent. Most cared about the quality of work they performed. Everyone went above and beyond to do what ever it takes. Department heads were easy to reach and talk to.
Pros
Global staff
Cons
former management - leadership/direction
Co-workers are great
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2017
Day to day work is the same. Individuals are nice . Company has undergone Management change twice in two years and is working on growing the business. Workplace culture is different depending on what department you work in. Hardest part of the job is lack of security but love co-workers.
Pros
Great group of individuals to work with
Cons
Lack of security
Productive and friendly environment
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 11, 2017
As a leader I created a positive teamwork environment and enjoyed working with my team. The company provides training materials and support the employees to achieve their career goals.
Pros
Organised and established
Cons
High turnover
no work-life balance.
Senior Clinical Research Associate/Lead CRA (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
Must work core hours with no flex time. Most tracking are done with Excel spreadsheets. Technology is behind the times.
Fast Paced International Company
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Daily challenge and fast paced made the day go by fast. Never a dull moment. I enjoyed working with many co-workers and loved making my deadlines. Audits were a breeze with efficient data and never had any issues on finishing any of the financial audits. Loved the flexible hours and the help with working remotely at home when needed. Sometimes communications were not relayed on a timely manner but were captured when deadlines approached. All in all, great company to work for and the people were a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Boring
Helpdesk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2014
Not a lot going on here if you are looking to learn and move up in I.T.

A typical day includes showing up at 8:00AM leaving at 5PM. Taking a few calls through out the day. Dealing with people from all over the world, some angry at the world with rough accents which makes the experience even more enjoyable for both parties.

Management was great and most everyone was friendly from the Houston office. Even with that I struggled getting out of bed every morning knowing I had to show up at the office. This is the only job where I felt this way.
Pros
Weekends off, Vacation
Cons
Depressing environment
Poor communication and direction. Friendly people
TECHNICAL IT DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Ascot, UKSeptember 25, 2013
Definitely not a boring place to work. Loads of exposure. Constant randomness, lack of company direction and comunication by senior managment leaves people in the dark and creating own solutions. Uncompetitive pay and rewards , lack of job related training.
Pros
Friendly people on the ground
Cons
Lack of support and direction. Penny pinching a serious issue.
Good People fighting against inefficiencies
Clinical Research Associate  (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2013
While there are some high quality people to work with, the company is in a state of transition with many inefficiencies and places where there needs to be major improvement in order to competitive with the market. Salaries are not in line with the industry.

However, with new management, changes are on the horizon to hopefully change these issues to position to company to be competitive with the larger CROs. It may take years, but they are moving in the right direction.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Unorganized, unestablished processes, company is in state of transition
Working hard here pays off, unlike the other people who wrote reviews
JR Network Admin (Current Employee) –  Houston TexMarch 19, 2013
Excellent company, that recognizes hard work. This is a company that I am going to stay with. I have career goals, to which are reachable, which you cannot say for all companies. I recommend looking into this company.
Privately Owned, Stay Away
Global Training Associate (Current Employee) –  houston, txJanuary 10, 2013
This is a privately owned business that is not run by business people. You are forbidden from working from home and are subject to the exceedingly strange whims of upper management. Stay away.
Mid size CRO
Clinical Trials Associate III (Current Employee) –  HoustonDecember 5, 2012
Coming from a large company and then transferring to a mid size one was a big adjustment for me. I was used to working and meeting new people. Sure, the salary is better here but the benefits don't compare.
Pros
great salary
Cons
location is horrible
Bad place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2012
Not a place I liked working, would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad management