Petrofac

nice location
job responsibilty

good projects

appreciation

value each and every things

strong technical guidance

clear communication

team building
I was on third party payroll, hence cannot enjoy on Job Security/Advancement and Salary Benefits.Job Work/Life was balanced. As far as my connection with the management was good.
Working culture is good,
Managers are very friendly

Work pressure is more time bound

Stress free work

Like it to working with petrofac

Thanking you
Pros:
excellent work structure

challenging projects

experienced employees

supportive management

Cons:

work-life balance is less

wished for more importance given to people
Worked in Petrofac Engineering India Pvt.Ltd in 2 spells. Second spell was about 8 years. Could work on various oil and Gas projects. Also got opportunity to follow vendors, maintain MTO, and to reply for various Request for Information from Vendors. To assist and share work load to subordinates. There was a family get together every year named "Parampara". Could show my personal talent. Could learn "Lessons learnt for finished projects.
A very productive work environment, Helps in the development of the leadership quality by providing early on opportunity to take on initiative and be creative.
One of the better Companies to work for. Very good learning curve and good opportunities for engineer to display their skills. Company provided good mentors for engineers.
The work and learning are great in terms of what you do. Projects are intellectually challenging.Learned a great deal about how an oil and gas plant is designed and importance of safety. A typical day includes checking emails, performing calculations and delivering documents to other departments or customers. But the company culture is not good. You have to work a ton during a project hence you loose work-life balance. During no project phase, you literally have nothing to do. Now it has become from worse since low oil prices. You are always on verge of a layoff if you don't perform.
Pros
intellectually challenging job
Cons
job security, work-life balance
Best company in Oil and Gas with good challenging projects to work with.Working culture is best in industry.Mangement is coperative .
HR is helpful and cooperative
good company to work in.
Experienced staff

co-operative seniors

gives opportunity to previous employees

gained good working knowledge due to good projects
All employees are helpful and selfless. Always go out of the way help each other to solve your problems. One of the dynamic workforce present in today's industry.
Pros
Non
Cons
Long working hours
it was great experience with this company. taining from from basic knowledge to expertise in subject in respect to softwares(2D & 3D) and technical subjects. many times working wit tremendous pressure to complete task in projected time frame was the good achievement.
cultural programs & activities was the best part for relaxation.
petrofac is the best company in my life due to its job enviroment.
the nature of all employee is so nice. they are helping nature.

i wish petrofac for best wishes for future
You will be isolated and given mundane tasks. You will not be given tasks to help you grow. Only they care about company growth and nothing else. Will have to travel to Sharjah and they swear fealty to Sharjah.
Pros
Cubicles for all
Cons
No OT and have to work till midnight sometimes
Working at petrofac provided me a platform to enhance my HVAC design skills like working in HAP, reviewing of various technical documents, supporting proposal team for all the activities related to HVAC pacakge
Level Instrumentation that involves making of Level Sketch drawing, Selection of Level Instruments, Preparation of Datasheets in Intools, Inquiry Requisition, Technical Queries/Technical Bid Evaluation, Instrument Vendor correspondence, Purchase Requisition, Vendor Drawing review
Petrofac provided me nice platform to learn new things, it enhanced my technical as well as managing skills. Petrofac has given chance to deal international client like KOC and SaudiAramco.
its very good company, friendly environment. i have learned very well from that company.one thing is that i have learned the jacketed piping , its very difficult and i got the chance to work on jacketed piping mostly on SRU , sulfer recovery unit.
In future i would like to work again in petrofac.....
A typical working day comprises of a hectic schedule throughout the day until late evenings.
Among many technical skills, an important thing I learnt is handling pressures.

I typically led a team of engineers. I mentored them and evaluated their work and we achieved meeting our targets on schedule.

My co-workers have been very good and it makes a pleasant experience in office.

The hardest part of my job was trying to maintain its balance with family. In order to meet targets, I had to make sacrifices in my family life.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the healthy relations with my colleagues which rekindled the spirits when the things went down.
Pros
Good team spirit among fellow colleagues.
Cons
Tough schedules meant sacrificing family life.
Life in Petrofac is overall hectic. The work is quite challenging for pipe stress engineers, but we manage to cope up with pressure and deliver good quality results. Among many things, the most important thing that I learnt is handling pressures. My co-workers have been very cooperative and we work as a good team. The toughest part of job is maintaining balance with family life.
The most enjoyable part of job was working as a team with good spirits and this helped in achieving very tough schedules.
Pros
Good learning place and healthy team spirit
Cons
Tough schedules resulted in providing lesser time to family
Studying and understanding the process flow diagrams and p&id. Preparing process data sheet using PFD,P&ID&HMD. Preparing mechanical data sheets using PFD, P&ID, process data sheet and standards of pressure vessels, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors and turbines for oil and gas projects.