Oracle

Oracle Employee Reviews for Application Developer

Application Developer92 reviews
India92 reviews
Good work-life balance.
Work is mostly on internal frameworks like ADF.

Team members are very friendly and helpful. Good work environment.

Work from home option is there.
Pros
Good work-life balance.
Cons
Not much exposure to outside technologies
Very slow paced environment. Very old technologies used. Management is not good. Promotions are very difficult. No cool perks. Can chill almost everyday
Productive and fun workspace.
Learned 2 stacks. ADF is used typically in most of the teams for development.

Management is at its best.

The culture is good.

Time management is the hardest part of the job.
Challenging work and enjoyed working with Oracle. Learned a lot, experienced and knowledge team who are well capable. Work-Life balance is good. Excellent management.
Your job experience and exposure is completely dependent on your team.
Oracle as a company is very diversified and manages the complete stack of product development.Therefore it is very prudent to inquire which role and team that you are getting into before you decide to switch to Oracle.

Overall its a very professional company filled with best opportunities in the software industry.
work and life balance,encourage learning new technologies,
competitive environment.,

good place to work,

work environment is good .

Nice place for women employees
Pros:
Good work culture. Work from home option.

Cons:

No annual salary hike. No bonus or performance incentives.

Less travel opportunities. Proprietary software.
Great place to work after gaining some experience.
There won't be much work pressure, it is always fun to go to office.

As mentioned above, if it is the initial time of your career, you might find it un-motivating because the learning curve is not that great in all the teams.
Overall it was an average company. There is cutting edge work but only in certain teams. The management is always true and unnecessary heirarchy as you move up.
As usual politics.
Worked at Oracle India Pvt Ltd for around 3 years.
- It offers a good work-life balance

- No pressure from your lead or anyone else

- You are given good space for working in your own style and also space is given to growing your technical skills

- Not good if you join as EP as Freshers are hired on more package than EP of 3-4 years (But this is not cons at all)

- Overall, It is a good company to work with and I recommend this company as the best company in my career.
Not so productive but great learning experience. Set back, chill and work as they have no timings in general, but expect to toil for 12-13 hrs during releases.Compensation is great. Lots of formalities may irk you at times as you are expected to follow but management won't.
I enjoyed working at oracle nice place to work. I had a work-life balance. I had work satisfaction. I believe this is a place to enhance our skills. Looking forward to work again at oracle.
Oracle is a great company to start your carrier with. The mission and vision of the company are reflected in its culture. I got a chance to work with a team that was building a Customer Relationship Management(CRM) application on a Browser User Interface. I really enjoyed my work at Oracle. I got a chance to learn new skills and technologies.
Poor management and very less perks/hikes. Work culture is good with flexible timings. Less growth and promotions. No job security. Low compensation and other benefits.
Work from home option is available depending on the manager. Not much scope on learning new technologies. Hike is not there on most years. Good place to work for two years or so.
Bad call for any career conscious professional or beginner to pick this firm except if you're very highly paid or in very relevant job role for specific requirement. For 90% workforce (in general), there are no hikes, no employee growth road map, no relevant tools/tech which are current in the market, almost no innovative workforce left in India so the majority of people are below avg. which makes the ecosystem more saturated, dull and quickly monotonous
Pros
Work from home, No hard deadline to work 8-9 hrs a day, Best firm for married women in terms of working hrs flexibility
Cons
No hikes, no employee growth road map, no relevant tools, tech, Outdated mgmt model, politics
I didn't know something called Work Life balance existed until I worked with Oracle. Pay is sufficiently good, work is meaningful and fun. Managers are the best I have met.
Work Life balance is good but salary is less than what market offers.
Management is not interested in your personal growth .

This review is especially for HSGBU unit of oracle
Pros
work life balance
Cons
less Salary
Very approachable and friendly working environment.
I have been fortunate to be part of GM for almost 8 years , It helped me learn and grown professionally to be able contribute as a valuable team player.
Good learning experience. you get good exposure to technology and is given enough room for additional growth as well. It is a fast paced environment as well.
Great place to work and grow in the initial phase of your career. Initial onboarding and training process is great. Things may get slower once you reach mid-management.