Nielsen Employee Reviews

Mixed experience
Market Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Vikhroli, MaharashtraJune 28, 2018
There is a lot one can learn while working here. however, the team i was working with was not suitable for growing. I was restricted to my job profile and was made to do stuff that wasn't ours do to (mostly to save money). Freshers will hate working here as they are made to do cold calls and call backs (Which is huge in numbers and very frequent) which is usually the work of field office.
Also there are long working hours here. Leaving at 8:30 pm was considered "early". I had to work on a lot of weekends. Also sick leave wasn't really a sick leave as i had to work even then.
There was absolutely no growth for me and they pay very less compared to the amount of work that is given here.
A person looking for work-life balance, this is not the place for you. this is mostly apt for workaholics.
Pros
Lot to learn, brand advantage
Cons
long work hours, no work life balance, restricted growth
Project Lead/Integration Architect (Current Employee) –  HyderabadJune 8, 2018
Client is on Agile methodology and has continuous and challenging tasks to enhance skills and given opportunity in inviting new ideas for improvement.
Very open culture
Senior Executive, Client Solutions (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiMay 11, 2018
Nielsen is a great place to work with a very open work environment. The management promotes a healthy work life balance. The policies are very employee friendly as well.
Great place to kickstart your career
RESEARCH EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  IndiaMarch 23, 2018
Responsible for execution and managing customized quantitative studies for premier clients in FMCG space. Helped clients in decision making and provided solutions through brand health tracks and dipsticks, new product launches, pricing research, concept product evaluation.
Global Exposure
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Delhi, IndiaMarch 13, 2018
Nielsen is one of the world's largest marketing research organization. It constantly acquires smaller companies that innovate and come up with new market research solutions. There is an opportunity for global exposure that makes the job extremely exciting.
My Feelings
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West BengalFebruary 18, 2018
My work In Nielsen was quite satisfied. Often I was assigned with different high net projects and I successfully achieved that all the time. Team work was the excellent part that I learned here.
Knew the new places
Census taker (Former Employee) –  Bhilai, ChhattisgarhFebruary 15, 2018
Nielsen company has given me a lot of research and I have a great deal of ideas from the people, and i would like to some new places in the marketing survey of the company and I would like to know more about it.
Pros
Lodge and travel
Best Marketing Company
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  HaryanaJanuary 25, 2018
Considering this was my first professional job, it was one of the coolest experience of my life. I met big head honchos of the marketing world and learned from them. At this company I learn many technical concepts which deepened my interest into marketing research further.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Working Hors
Productive and fun at workplace
Sr. RF Engineer, Wireless System Engineering (Current Employee) –  HyderabadJanuary 16, 2018
Its been 3.9 years with nielsen from valuelabs company and yes nielsen always challenges potentially to bring the best out of individual which is the best part of it
High Level Learning
Internship on Market Research (Former Employee) –  MG Rd, KarnatakaDecember 25, 2017
We were on a trial basis here. We were not paid and the job given here was a little bit upper hand for the qualification we had. It was mostly about market research.
Pros
Lovely mentors
productive
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaDecember 11, 2017
Good company good salary , good working place, good manager, ceo. I learnt communication with people. I learnt so many things from my collegues. Totally good company
Productive, professional, caring and supportive attitude.
Executive, Operations (Former Employee) –  Vadodara, IndiaNovember 12, 2017
The company is great in a nut shell. If you are working in the right kind of environment and have a great group to work with, it will be a wonderful experience.
Pros
Work from home. Friendly environment
Cons
Excessive pressure, ill managed work load
Business oriented culture, good work environment
Client Servicing Executive (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, IndiaNovember 9, 2017
I have made some of the best friends & learned most of my market research fundamentals in the company.
Good learning environment but average work life balance.
The salaries in India are not the best when compared to other competitors but it is a bigger brand name which can open several doors for future.
Pros
Work environment, supportive peers
Cons
Work life balance, salary
Freelancing job
Freelancer (Former Employee) –  kolkataNovember 8, 2017
It was door to door visit work which was very hard to convince the people to have their times. Job security was nothing. As the job is all about to move from place to place , so it was very enjoyable.
Pros
Free Launch, Dinner and Breakfast
Cons
Good work culture and work life balance
Senior Analytic Executive (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraNovember 3, 2017
friendly co workers
good management
pro-employee company rules and benefits
opportunities for role diversification for core jobs is available
working hours are normal
Pros
work life balance
Cons
salary increments
Very fun culture and great mentoring
Intern (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraOctober 26, 2017
I had a great team to work with and my mentoring experience was a great one. I had a chance to work on the thought leadership project on my internship and I was asked to present my views so that could help Nielsen to publish White Papers
Pros
Team and Culture
Excellent place to learn Research
Research Executive (Former Employee) –  PunjabOctober 25, 2017
Nielsen offers great learning environment for research. The skills you learn can are useful in different industries. They train you well and provide ample opportunities for learning new skills.
Good first company
Project Developer (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraOctober 24, 2017
Good place to start your career. Slow growth. Good work life balance. People are humble and always ready extend a helping hand. I was also lucky to have a great manager
Pros
Work-life balance, team support
Cons
Growth is negligible
Excellent work culture which allows you to show your talent
CONSUMER INSIGHTS PROJECT DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraOctober 22, 2017
1. Great culture and management
2. Excellent leaders to work with
3.Open to put your point
4.Allows you to nourish your talents
5. Provides many opportunities
NIce company
Sr. Data scientist (Current Employee) –  banglaore,indiaSeptember 18, 2017
Scope to learn the new things, best place for the entry level in data science, can learn the advance technique in the data science, friendly atmosphere
Cons
no health benfints