NeuStar, Inc Employee Reviews

Company in transition
Manager Product Support - Registry Services (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 8, 2019
Great culture, very uncertain about the future. My manager is great, good benefits. Flexible schedule and good PTO. A lot of silos across organization.
Nice place to work.
Senior Technical Writer contactor (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VADecember 12, 2018
Employees have autonomy to do their jobs. Management encourages employees to find their own solutions to efficiently do their jobs. Co-workers willingly help out.
Okay
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 29, 2018
I was with Neustar for a long time and saw a lot of changes happen. I personally had a good manager and therefore had a good experience at Neustar. I know most issues are with management and the managers not being properly trained.
Challenging place to work but great people, helped me grow personally and professionally.
Senior Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 16, 2018
Day to day was challenging with high expectations and long work hours. Hoewever, alot of the employees had been there for several years until recent downsize. The people were truly great up to and including the CEO and I couldn't have asked for a better experience in a Corporate Environment.

Hardest part of the job was communication and long hours. The most enjoyable part was the people and continually being challenged to do your best.
Pros
Compensation, people, team environment.
Cons
Work-Life balance
Competitive, Productive and A Great Work Environment
Executive Assistant/Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAMay 31, 2018
I would highly recommend someone to seek employment for this company. The company culture is great; the work environment is very fast-paced but productive.
Good culture
Support (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 29, 2018
Culture is good
People are great
Compensation is solid as are the benefits
They take care of the employees
Work/life balance is ok
Work technology is decent
Pros
Cons
Lack of direction from senior level
Great people, company falling apart though
Intern (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAMay 25, 2018
Very nice coworkers and my bosses really cared about me and welcomed in hiring me back as an intern. However, the higher level execs are completely changing the company and not for the better so i will not be going back there.
Toxic environment
anonymous (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAMay 11, 2018
Save your sanity, look elsewhere. Management likes to play head games and pit people against each other. Constant gas lighting and making you think you're worthless.
Horrible place to work
LMS Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAMay 2, 2018
In short, this is the worst company I have ever worked for. Management was very poor and the morale there was extremely low. There was never a day that was rewarding.
Louisville, KY
Support (Current Employee) –  LouisvilleMarch 26, 2018
Typical office job; reviews are partially based on merit but it helps significantly to play the office politics game. Biggest complaint would be that some management will do anything to avoid taking responsibility directly or holding themselves accountable.

The work is not terribly difficult so I believe this is a great place to break into a new skill set. However, advancing past the worker bee positions is very difficult as it's not really based on skill (only a few manager's can do the work they are managing).

Neustar tries hard to be a Google, Facebook, etc. type company so benefits are above average. However, I find past entry level position compensation is below average, unless you work in the main HQ or on CA coast (then your salary will be ridiculous, even if you aren't that great at your job).

I've been here since the office opened so take my pessimism with a grain of salt. It's better than any other job I've had. It's just not perfect, which most jobs aren't.
Pros
Free snacks, cheap soda, beer fridge, good benefits
Cons
Career planning leaves something to be desired.
Great!
Telecom/Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 12, 2018
Working at Neustar has been great. I've learned technical skills. I met incredible people. I've been here for 7 years, that says a lot. And I live 30 miles out one way.
Toxic unfocused environment - don't value their employees
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAFebruary 6, 2018
Toxic unfocused environment - don't value their employees. They don't care about their employees and have no loyalty to them. They use you up to get what expertise they need rom you and then discard you
Pros
paycheck
Cons
Management, lack of business focus, and cut throat culture
Very poor upper management
Senior Director of Engineering (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 30, 2018
Constant churn at all management layers. Company direction changes with the wind. Employed for two years now and am on 5th CIO. At each firing of C levels, constand 'land grab' of duties that contradict engineering best practices.
Pros
parking
Temporary contracted employee
Provisioning Associate (contract) (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 5, 2017
It's been over 10 years since being employed here and I was only employed temporarily on a contract until I was no longer needed at the company. I gained other employment.
Wish I was still there
Sr. Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 27, 2017
I loved everything about working at Neustar. I got to experienced a lot and grew into my career. Tip, find someone to be your mentor and lock on, it helps to really want to be there or you may get lost in all the potential you have to grow.
Pros
Too much to choose
Cons
lay-offs due to location
Busy office with nice perks
Legal Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 28, 2017
Nice company, kept getting contracts to provide phone records for subpoenas but barely had enough trained people to do the job. Don't need much legal knowledge. Perks like free coffee, occasional lunches, visiting masseuses, but the training was uneven. Some days were lots of work and some were almost none.
Pros
Free coffee, roomy cubicle, Internet access
Cons
Uneven training, huge backlog of work
Excellent company.
Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 23, 2017
Excellent company. Allows personal and professional growth. The company reinvests back into their employees with annual training, seminars etc. Compensation is align with job responsibilities.
Pros
Excellent Company
Cons
Great atmosphere, great people.
Staff Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 7, 2017
One of the best work experiences in my life. Made a lot of great friends and gained invaluable experience working in the Neustar NOC and Systems Administration Team. The hardest part was leaving after almost 15 years with the company.
Professionalism at it's finest
Senior Executive (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 12, 2015
This employer made everyone feel important and displayed empathy in all situations. Making them easy to perform at your best.
Great Place to work
Manager Finance- Revenue Recognition (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJune 30, 2015
I received great benefits. The team was very strong in reaching their goals. There are plenty of resource. The management team is very flexible. There are also a gym for you to workout. Communication from the upper management was well conveyed to the team and staff members on what to expect in the near future and the direction of the company.
Pros
Free lunches, nice cafeteria, great team
Cons
No promotion