NeuStar, Inc

NeuStar, Inc Employee Reviews

They are a bit disjointed but they have good people that work here. Not micro-managed which is nice but the product can be a difficult sell and they are very secular.

Each business division is separated from each other. Security, Risk, Marketing, Communications all work in separate teams and do not collaborate. You have to sell on your own, learn on your own.
working as a project manager and enjoying my role. work and persona life is balanced...good people around to work with...great company...believes in the employees
Excellent company to work for. Great for someone with experience and provides for promotion options. Very process oriented and easy to work with bunch
In overall, the company is not doing well. A lot of changes in the management and they lie at the time of hiring. Manager is extremely workaholic and expect the same from others.
One of the worst places to work at in the SF Bay Area. Executive team was clueless and politics was more important than quality of the people. The atmosphere was toxic and deeply distrustful. HR was pathetic and so was any norm of working. I would not wish it even to my enemies
Great culture, very uncertain about the future. My manager is great, good benefits. Flexible schedule and good PTO. A lot of silos across organization.
I was here for a little more than a year. It was a great place to work, but they lost their prime contract and this resulted in rounds of layoffs. After that, the growth potential significantly slowed down.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Job security
Employees have autonomy to do their jobs. Management encourages employees to find their own solutions to efficiently do their jobs. Co-workers willingly help out.
I was with Neustar for a long time and saw a lot of changes happen. I personally had a good manager and therefore had a good experience at Neustar. I know most issues are with management and the managers not being properly trained.
Day to day was challenging with high expectations and long work hours. Hoewever, alot of the employees had been there for several years until recent downsize. The people were truly great up to and including the CEO and I couldn't have asked for a better experience in a Corporate Environment.

Hardest part of the job was communication and long hours. The most enjoyable part was the people and continually being challenged to do your best.
Pros
Compensation, people, team environment.
Cons
Work-Life balance
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at NeuStar, Inc?
I would highly recommend someone to seek employment for this company. The company culture is great; the work environment is very fast-paced but productive.
Culture is good
People are great

Compensation is solid as are the benefits

They take care of the employees

Work/life balance is ok

Work technology is decent
Pros
Cons
Lack of direction from senior level
Very nice coworkers and my bosses really cared about me and welcomed in hiring me back as an intern. However, the higher level execs are completely changing the company and not for the better so i will not be going back there.
Save your sanity, look elsewhere. Management likes to play head games and pit people against each other. Constant gas lighting and making you think you're worthless.
In short, this is the worst company I have ever worked for. Management was very poor and the morale there was extremely low. There was never a day that was rewarding.
Typical office job; reviews are partially based on merit but it helps significantly to play the office politics game. Biggest complaint would be that some management will do anything to avoid taking responsibility directly or holding themselves accountable.

The work is not terribly difficult so I believe this is a great place to break into a new skill set. However, advancing past the worker bee positions is very difficult as it's not really based on skill (only a few manager's can do the work they are managing).

Neustar tries hard to be a Google, Facebook, etc. type company so benefits are above average. However, I find past entry level position compensation is below average, unless you work in the main HQ or on CA coast (then your salary will be ridiculous, even if you aren't that great at your job).

I've been here since the office opened so take my pessimism with a grain of salt. It's better than any other job I've had. It's just not perfect, which most jobs aren't.
Pros
Free snacks, cheap soda, beer fridge, good benefits
Cons
Career planning leaves something to be desired.
Working at Neustar has been great. I've learned technical skills. I met incredible people. I've been here for 7 years, that says a lot. And I live 30 miles out one way.
Toxic unfocused environment - don't value their employees. They don't care about their employees and have no loyalty to them. They use you up to get what expertise they need rom you and then discard you
Pros
paycheck
Cons
Management, lack of business focus, and cut throat culture
Constant churn at all management layers. Company direction changes with the wind. Employed for two years now and am on 5th CIO. At each firing of C levels, constand 'land grab' of duties that contradict engineering best practices.
Pros
parking
It's been over 10 years since being employed here and I was only employed temporarily on a contract until I was no longer needed at the company. I gained other employment.
I loved everything about working at Neustar. I got to experienced a lot and grew into my career. Tip, find someone to be your mentor and lock on, it helps to really want to be there or you may get lost in all the potential you have to grow.
Pros
Too much to choose
Cons
lay-offs due to location
Ask a question about working or interviewing at NeuStar, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.