NetSpend Employee Reviews

Relaxed and collaborative workplace with a good environment
Sr. iOS Developer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 17, 2018
Relaxed and collaborative workplace with a good environment, they know how to achieve the balance between work and personal life, and also the managers are real professional and hard-worker
Stressful high call volume but supportive management
Customer Care Dept (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 12, 2018
Call volume can be very stressful the culture is supportive and at times fun with Basketball, parking lot carnivals, and cookouts. However, there is added stress, as with all call centers because of continuous ranking and monitoring of calls and weekly evaluations.
Good company to work for
Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2018
This was a good company to work for before the merger. The work environment was pleasant and management communicated with the staff most of the time.
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
work hours
Good company with double-bottom line
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2018
Great people and impactful mission but in need of visionary leadership. Recent agile adoption with top line revenue as the driving force however customer focused. Potential growth in product and features but heavily regulated.
Good company in general
Database Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 10, 2018
This company has many good workers. And it has been growing and giving bonuses every year. After acquired by TSYS, it seemed to have arguable pros and cons. My major complaint was a little too slow on moving to other techs and approving budget on hiring new talents. Other than that, it is a pretty good company. This company cares about workers as well as try to push to become a global company.
Enjoyable environment
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 3, 2018
Enjoyable environment to work at. Great people to work with. The compensation could be better for some of the positions. The management could be more professional.
Pros
schedule flexibility
Cons
pay, management
Stressful Hostile Work Environment
ScrumMaster (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 17, 2018
Company permits discrimination and allows hostile managers to oppress immigrant workers.

When an employee does take their complaint to HR they are the ones who end suffering due to retaliation.
Great People
Insights and Analytics Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 19, 2017
I love the people at netspend and I learned a lot at this company. They are always looking for ways to give back to their customers. Fun place to work.
Great people, good work-life balance, difficult managers and no documentation of processes
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  TXDecember 18, 2017
The best part about Netspend is the people. It does take time for them to open up, but eventually they do. The managers could use classes on management. Processes need to be documented.
Pros
Many volunteer opportunities and fun activities
Cons
It takes a while to learn the processes and things are constantly changing.
A good place to get started in the workforce
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 11, 2017
NetSpend is quite thoughtful towards its employees by providing them with all kinds of little perks and gifts to show their appreciation. The staff involved are very friendly and polite. As tough as the working day can be, NetSpend tries its best to keep its employee's happy.
Pros
A great deal of consideration for their employees.
Cons
Dealing with downtown traffic!
Community involved
Partner Services/Client Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 2, 2017
I love how community involved the company is, especially considering how small the company is. There are thank you events all the time, Its unfortunate that advancement opportunities are so hard if you want to move up.
Pros
Free fresh fruit, commuter pass, and soda
Cons
parking
Everyone there was very professinal
Risk Management and Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 13, 2017
My direct managers were very helpful and encouraging. My co-worker were helpful during my training process. I was encourages to advance in my field by my managers.
Pros
Great Coffee
Cons
It is located on 7th and Brazos, so traffic is terrible.
One of the best jobs I ever had
Vice President, Customer Support Services (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 8, 2017
Working at Netspend was rewarding and fun. The people were very colaborative and the environment encouraged you to do the right thing for the customers. I should have never left.
Good job with good pay
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 2, 2017
Just didn't like the hours since i'm a mother it was not stable hours. It also Depends what department you're working in too so be sure to ask about your hours
HIgh pressure and competitve
Quality Assurance Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Can be a very political environment; this may not be true for all groups. Not all coworkers are cooperative with their colleagues.

There are some very nice people there, depends on the group.
Love my dept
Partner Sevices Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Everyone is so friendly and willing to help with whatever task is on hand. Love my manager she's the best with taking care of things that are of high importance right away.
nice Dept to work in for starters
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2017
I liked working in this dept to gain a little ground and then after a while I wanted to move up to a different dept. The managers that I have had were great and they were able to work with me on whatever issues I had.
Exciting experience
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAAugust 24, 2017
Working at NetSpend was always a stimulating experience. The product was innovative the technology was cutting-edge and the customer base was clearly defined. The stage was set for all employees to thrive.
Pros
Constant growth
Cons
Sales force reduction
Innovative workplace
Director (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 12, 2017
This was a growing company that required the accounting team to be creative in how it accomplished its long term goals while being productive in monthly recording and reporting financial activity internally and externally to participating banking institutions.
Pros
Everyday was a new challenge
Cons
software had to be developed internally to meet external bank reporting needs.
Great company, great co-workers, not much room to grow
Senior Director, Product Management (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2017
NetSpend is a great company that's had lots of growth in the last decade. They have strong leadership, a relaxed and fun culture, and a great future. Once you get to a leadership level, there's very little room for growth or advancement.
Pros
Co-workers, relaxed/fun culture
Cons
No growth, not enough developers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NetSpend. Our community is ready to answer.