Naval Dockyard

Naval Dockyard Employee Reviews

Average
Technician (Former Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshJuly 30, 2017
This company only useful for the employees of naval dockyard Visakhapatnam.but the contract base employees can struggle many problems like salary and other personal problems.
Very good
Works Manager (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJuly 14, 2017
One of the largest establishment of govt of India. I have very good experience while working here since a work man to technical supervisior to work manager.
Looking for job in Project Management at Visakhapatanam
Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshJune 11, 2017
40 years of service in Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam and Mumbai with various cadres like Supervisor, Senior Supervisor, Asst.Manager, Dy. Manager and Manager in Production,Planning, HR & Commercial divisions and retired from service on Superannuation as Manager.
Pros
Free Launch
Cons
Full Time
great work place
trianee (Former Employee) –  Vizag City, Andhra PradeshFebruary 25, 2017
Nice work place great work space for employees gteat place to work good accommodation great ficilities good caring on employes management behaviour is too good
Pros
free launches
good
Government organization giving maximum job security and work life balance
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraDecember 22, 2016
This being a central government defense organization gives every employee unbeatable job security and work life balance that is over-inclined towards life. On the other side although career advancement options are good for qualified people the work culture is too poor for a sensitive and honest person to work here.
The salaries are decided by the government's pay commission and were not so good 24 years ago.
Poor or no facilities are available. Still people strive to get a job in organizations like this only for the sake of highest job security level!
Pros
A typical government job security and work life balance
Cons
No future for ambitious people
Hot surface
Fireman (Former Employee) –  VisakhapatnamDecember 16, 2016
Weekly six day work.
I have to learn Lot of things.
My co-workers lots of peoples somewhere in india.
My most enjoyable time in 2009 newyear celebration in AP.
Pros
Full time rush
Cons
24 hours work
productive
Welder (Former Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshNovember 10, 2016
- working in naval dock yard gave me nice feeling.
- we been thought how to be disciplined and well organised in a industry
- got a chance to see high- productive welding machinery.
Productive and learning experience workplace
SHIP REPAIRS (Former Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, Andhra PradeshAugust 5, 2016
I would visit the ships under my charge & review the progress of work, taking inputs from the ship's crew and work centers representatives, & also assess the progress myself. I would also liaise, interact and coordinate with the above mentioned personnel regarding any bottlenecks or issues.I would then return to my office for the tea break.I would then visit the work shop floors, to get a personal assessment of the work,being on the ship's machinery.I would then return to my office for lunch,After that I would attend to correspondence/computer work,making phone calls to Naval & external agencies.I learned the basics/fundamentals of various trades, in short, a 'Jack of all trades'.I also learnt communication & coordination skills which was very important & essential for refit management.I was a part of the middle level management.I worked with officers& sailors from the Servicemen's side and officers, supervisors & workers from the Civilian side.In other words, I was the vital link between the ship and the Naval Dockyard.The hardest part of my job was coordinating between various work centers,departments and agencies.The most enjoyable part of my job was mentoring, guiding and training my subordinates,colleagues and those who approached me for help in official and non official matters.
Pros
Free medical treatment, Leave Travel Concession, purchase of items at Defence canteens at reduced rates, Pension, Gratuity, GPF etc
Disciplined and institutional organisation
Asst / Dy. Manager (Planning) (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MHMarch 29, 2014
Though my selection was for the post of "Foreman (ICE)", I was posted in Planning department, which was a typical day at work.
I learnt most of the planning techniques (Managerial skills),in additiion to my earlier technical skills.
Management is basicallu of Indian Navy officers but few civilian officers (like me) also exist.
Co- employees were co-opeerative.
Finalisation of details for Annual Refit Conference (ARC) discussions was a challenging task in every year.
Receiving C-in -C commendation for the first time, in recognition of my hard work, was enjoyable part of my job.
Time Pass Job
Data Entry Executive (Former Employee) –  Visakhapatnam, APAugust 10, 2013
There is now growth and at the same time there is no Pressure to.
Just a Time Pass Job only.
Pros
Cons
8 Hrs