NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF IMMUNOLOGY Employee Reviews

NII: An amazing place to work at
PhD student (Former Employee) –  new delhiAugust 18, 2017
National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, is one of the premiere research institutes in India. With an advanced infrastructure and deeming scientific community, the contribution of NII to the scientific world is significant.
Pros
Animal facility
PhD student (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiJuly 24, 2017
I spent 5 years as a PhD student and it was a life changing experience. Apart from enhancing my scientific acumen, it helped me grow as an individual.
Junior Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  New DelhiMay 1, 2017
I have learned many new things on mycobacteriology. Boss was okay. Work culture was also average. Salary was below nominal. The hardest part was to work with less salary.
productive
Trainee (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiFebruary 19, 2017
Growth opportunities for hardworking people, Good projects, work in your own style, few good top management leaders, company is revamping and developing rapidly
Productive and fun workplace.
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiApril 28, 2016
I would start my day at around 9 am and would get trained to understand various basic techniques used in biotechnology. The labs are really nice and well equipped. The lab staff was also really helpful and helped me in learning a lot during the course of my internship. The day would end by around 4-5pm.
great workplace
summer trainee (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DLAugust 27, 2014
its a great area to learn about research and the students and scientists over here are really helpfull
co workers are supportive
Pros
excellent research
Cons
no hostel for project students
Learning new lessons everyday
Junior Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, DLJuly 13, 2014
Being into research is really a life changing experience. One gets to learn not only techniques but scientific philosophy.
The hardest and most enjoyable part of my work is standardization and trouble shooting. And the best part of this field is that if we can translate our accomplishments from labs to clinics.
Pros
Campus accomodation. 24 hours water and electricity supply. Good environment
Cons
Long working hours
Its really a learning Place where I am enjoying my work and being well nourished as a Budding Scientist.
PhD Scholar (Current Employee) –  New DelhiApril 19, 2013
Basically my work comprises research regarding my project i.e. Vitiligo and it involves wet lab experiments and literature study.I have learned a lot of techniques since i have joined the course.My co-workers and seniors are amazingly helpful.It is enjoyable cause we try to serve the humanity and that's the reason why we have to work for very long hours.But this sense of serving our race keeps us going.
Pros
a good future ahead and great learning environment.
Cons
ofcourse it requires hard and long working hours.
Good Research Institute
Research Scholar (Former Employee) –  New DelhiApril 4, 2013
Good research place in the field of immunology
co-researchers are good
scientist are very good
lots of time and labor is required
A good technology base
Ph.D (Current Employee) –  New DelhiMarch 4, 2013
Working in NII has been a wonderful and a challenging experience. There were many ups and downs during the journey but in all, it was a total learning package. Working hours are long but the company of colleagues make it fun. In all, it is an awesome place to work in.
Academic environment
Junior Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  aruna asafali marg, New DelhiFebruary 2, 2013
The atmosphere of NII was intellectually charged, with the day beginning at about 9 a.m. and ending at 9 p.m. we were continuously laboring on through out the day, and sometimes late into the night. My co-workers and the management were all co-operative, but when the time period for which the project was scheduled ended, I had to leave that Job to further enrich myself by acquiring more degrees.
Pros
free lunches