National Centre for Biological Sciences

National Centre for Biological Sciences Employee Reviews

India20 reviews
You will be given opportunities to grow if you stick on to this company. At the same time, you will be able to learn a lot of work. Should be flexible to learn any kind of work. They may switch your department. Hard work will be recognised. Cafeteria and gym facility is good.
Pros
Peaceful work environment
Cons
Politics
Currently working as Project Assistant at NCBS Administration section since June 2015.
The workplace is good. But there is less security for job. Moreover it's outsource.

The management is good.

I have learnt many things from this organisation.
If you love science and not bothered about your pay, this can be the best place to work and earn a medium living. There is enough place to relax and exercise. Enough people to share your knowledge and gain knowledge. Good in-house canteen foods. Flexible work hours.
Good Place to learn and career growth. Profesionaly we can learn many things. Enviironment is fantastic. I have around 5 years of experience from 2008-2011 and again rejoined in 2017.
Work at Ncbs is fun as well as productive. It boosts confidence and leadership skills. The culture of the work was great and everyone I worked with was amazing. The campus was wonderful and I really enjoyed the food. It was very good experience in transforming myself to a new level.
Good Atmosphere
Experienced in Preparing Bank Reconciliation Statement and uploading and Alloting Budget Codes in TIIS Software

Co-operating with Other Depts
NCBS is a great place to start your career. It provides an excellent atmosphere to learn, enhance your skills and make connections. However, does suffer form issues of being a government institution. You hardly grow beyond the initial few steps.
Central government organisation, you will get all the benefits which the central government employee enjoys, shuttle service is free, canteen is awesome.
Work life balance, good place for women, mixed culture, calm and relaxed environment, respect to education, exposure to government policies and procedures.
Pros
Extra-curricular activities and food
Cons
Need to update process
Good Place to Work , Learn , Explore our Ideas , Good place for learning communication skills , Overall controlling of project , Good platform for learning material , manpower management , Quality controls.
Pros
Co-operation
Cons
N a
It is really a gud learning experience I had with ncbs. Ncbs is really a undescribe place.. It is desirable a company which provides a bunch of knowledge,and a good environment to work with, an addition to these a plenty of management skills with a big salary package
Scope of job is not so interesting but great place with beautiful nature. You will get all the facilities over here. If want to work just for earn money then it is a best place.
My time in NCBS is always productive to me in all aspects scientifically and personally.a place were people do real science with all facilities provided.we work as a team in our lab and the open lab system thaught us how to coordiante within not just one lab of ours but 4-5 labs using same facilities and equipments in really cooperative way.
Pros
iam able to justify my passion in my time here
Cons
long working hours without any break
Research in India. Best place to be ! Amazing work environment with cutting edge technology. With wonderful co-workers and a better work environment.
have had a great time working at NCBS. It was fun to work with all my labmates, they are so encouraging and enthusiastic. help in giving inputs to work anytime..
Pros
Highly Social environment
It was a amazing period i enjoyed and at the same time i learned a lot. the day today activities was taken care by me every day was an enjoyable we were so many people in our department.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
working on contract basis
Learning to work with mouse model system, developing skills in dissecting mouse brain and to do primary neuron culture.Also performing calcium imaging with the cultured primary neurons. The research is thrilling and requires a lot of hardship and challenges.
A nice place to work.Good and helping colleagues,
Freedom to work and take decisions independently

A beautiful campus to work at. Sometimes work

extends beyond normal working hours.There is

enough recognition for the jobs done,Apart from repetitive

jobs there are enough new works where one can use

his initiative and innovativeness.

Generally a satisfying work environment.
Pros
a good library, cafetaria and sports facility
Cons
nil
There are many things to learn, and you get to learn a lot daily. Good systematic flow of work, You have a very good greenery surrounding , good place to work. Good atmosphere. Many things to learn with the existing scientists as well as new scientists. Get to meet many people. from India as well as abroad.
Pros
overall a very healthy place to work
Cons
temporary job only for 3 years
Opportunities exist and a go-getter must grab them and proceed.
Top management is absolutely brilliant, receptive and down to earth. Co-workers are all learned scientists. It
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
you get slotted into a role soon. not much personal development by the way of training or courses.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Centre for Biological Sciences. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3