Mouser Electronics Employee Reviews

Was an okay place to work
Stock Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXSeptember 5, 2018
There were a few times when the management team was not really there to help with issues we had on the floor. The hardest part of the job was that they expected so much out of us and weren't there to help with the issues we faced.
Okay, long work day! Bad Management
Account Representative II (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 27, 2018
The work was easy. A lot of Drama. The environment was not very healthy and it was difficult to handle the extra work I was not getting paid for! Managers do not care about your problems, just the Company.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes and promos from comany
Cons
Bad management, long work days, no personal time, a lot of drama
A job is a job, until it isn't.
Stock Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 26, 2018
Management refuses to fix issues per employee requests, and morale is going down by the weeks. I know people who have been working there for 10+ years, and they treat them like their experience means nothing. HUGE turnover rate, and don't forget to make your numbers! If you don't they'll make sure to remind you, of how "appreciative" you should be. Even the office people know how bad management is for the warehouse workers. Needs a union ASAP. Only thing enjoyable about this job is the other coworkers who understand. Paid the bills, and even barely at that. Pretty much a small step up from Amazon, if you ask me.
Nice place to work
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 10, 2018
My typical work day at Mouser Electronics was from 8AM to 5PM.
I had two or more meetings per day at Mouser Electronics. I met with Product Manufacturing Reps daily.
Pros
Golf
Cons
Favoritism,no clear policies posted, no bonuses,
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 3, 2018
This company has many cons. There is much favoritism. Employees that have worked there for many years are promoted with not much knowledge of what they are going into...
Pros
free food
Cons
too many
Fun fast paced work environment with friendly employees.
Bulk/Catchbox Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 2, 2018
The biggest concern with working at this job is their HR department and the lack of an employee handbook leading to frequently changing their policies without notifying their employees which led to multiple people being fired within a month and me being ineligible for rehire. Workers in the warehouse heavily rely on their coordinators to receive any information on instruction if anything goes wrong. Other than that the job is a very fun and fast paced environment. The employees are usually really friendly and the ones that aren't are usually gone within the week they start. Within the warehouse, you have a set schedule, except holidays, which includes a 10-hour Monday, 8-hour Tuesday through Friday with the option for a Saturday shift from 6am-12pm. Which leads to a scheduled 43 hours per week with time and a half overtime pay, with the option of working up to 12 hours per day with unlimited overtime.
Pros
There is a which which within the warehouse even though you have to pay. There are refrigerators, microwaves, and lockers to keep your lunches in.
Cons
If you have one mess up that goes against policy it could mean your job, but you never know which policy is up to date.
Learned about Cod plus
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 28, 2018
Called customers on past due invoices and used credits to clear accounts or get them current. Emailed invoices and scanned payments with receipts. Cod Plus on orders
Pros
Learned on Cod Plus
Cons
cut throat
Not recommended
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 28, 2018
Advancement is usually those who have bachelor degrees
Pay raises are not guaranteed with high level performance reviews
Management is awful, they need to be better trained to be managers
It's not uncommon for the environment to be hostile for working conditions
Compensation is low due to its location and competitors
Hr is not there for the employees
Be sure everything is documented
Pros
special events, free lunches for employee appreciation and free gifts from vendors on the sales team, one hour lunch breaks, location
Cons
management, Hr, micromanaged work, gossip, massive workloads and unrealistic expectations of entry level employees, rarely get pay increases, only the favorites get promoted
Relaxed Enviornment
Customer Service Assistant/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 10, 2018
It is a relaxed and slow paced environment. As Data Entry you get your own cubicle and space to work in. The company isnt very big so they are employee centric offering lots of support and coaching as well as on site gym and minute clinic. The advancement rate it very slow since many people who started w the company are still there. The easiest way to advance is to speak multiple languages. All in all a good company just need to restructure their pay scale.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere and very employee centric
Cons
Slow rate of advancement and pay doesn't match cost of living for that area.
Great Place to work
Customer Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJune 14, 2018
It really feels like you are working with a family and not just coworkers. They are willing to help you succeed if you are willing to put in the work.
They can do better
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJune 14, 2018
Just the racist act and practice in there by the supervisor and his team will go a long way to destroy the image of Mouse Electronics. The management need to be informed through my 2nd statement and weigh it on both side and prevent future conflicts between the said supervisor and other employees.
Decision Making
NPI Marketing Manager, Mouser Electronics (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJune 13, 2018
I felt safe to make my own decisions. There are employees that are extremely knowledgeable and management material, but internal promotions are rare.
People
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJune 12, 2018
Great people there. Met alot of friends that I will have forever. Shift managers weren't that great most of the time nit picked at our work but overall good place to work.
Great Opportunity
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJune 5, 2018
You start off as a order puller and your job is to come in and log in to their system which then sends you the orders from their systems. You complete one order then go to the next order until your day is complete.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
Always changing supervisors
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJune 3, 2018
I am thankful for Mouser, it is close to my house, and they are always hiring. This company is growing and is global at this time. It was a blessing to get hired when I did.
Can be an enjoyable workplace as long as you dont do anything wrong or upset the wrong people.
Stock control specialist (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMay 24, 2018
No cell phones allowed unless youre management. Lots of tattletales. Someone is always watching. People are usually fun and interesting. Too much shady stuff going on.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Short breaks, very little forgiveness
Standard Warehouse
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMay 1, 2018
I worked for Mouser Electronics for just short of five years. I filled many roles and worked with many team leads. By far and large I found my supervisors to be people that would do their utmost to look out for me when things came into a tight spot. They worked with me through some difficult times and I continue to appreciate the help they gave me throughout.

It is a decent company and at a starting wage of about 12 dollars for entry-level, it isn't bad. It kept me in my crummy, little apartment fairly easily but that was the life of a bachelor. Had I anyone that depended on me more than my cat, it might have been tighter.
Team work and fast pace environment
STOCK CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXApril 22, 2018
Getting work done as a team and guaranteed customer satisfaction. Being able to trouble-shoot problems with organizational and stocking skills. Team leaders and team mates are good team player.
Pros
Organized and free breakfast
Cons
Parking availability
it is amazing
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 14, 2018
i do not know why anyone would want to leave. i love this place so much i hate to let it go but other opportunities came my way and you have to take them.
Convenient to home
Sr. Internet Engineer at Berkshire-Hathaway TTI (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXFebruary 13, 2018
Very PC culture. Little to no deviation in personalities or opinions. Orders from the top down. Uptime is all, even at the expense of bad architecture and practice..
Cons
Very PC

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mouser Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.