Morgan Stanley
Information from Morgan Stanley:

Morgan Stanley Employee Reviews for Senior Associate

Senior Associate14 reviews
India14 reviews
I have been working with the firm for almost a year. It is the best place to work. You will get ample of growth opportunities. The company strictly follows a process which is very good to the main quality of code and services. In the end, it depends on the team.
One of best and leading Investment bank across the gloab, providing opportunities to all level of candidates. Work Culture and Firm policies are best across the street.
MS has very Good Work Culture. HR is centralized so it treats all employees equally irrespective of Business performance. Given an opportunities I will definitely go back to work with them. Job Security is major area of Concern.
Pros
Home Drop and Pick up from Stations, Dinner Allowance for working Late
Cons
Long Hours, Do not follow India Time Table, Job Security.
Great culture in the workplace Fun place to work Open door policy Good profile Good management Great people to work with Good learning opportunities at Morgan Stanley
Pros
Free transport
Provides enough support to employees and always values their thoughts & ideas. It is one of the favourite organisations among employees and also provides growth opportunity
Excellent place to work with excellent management and colleagues. The salary is as per normal standards. The extra benefits are not much. The work culture is a little off.
Salary and bonuses are good . If you are okay working as a developer ,tester, support, BA then you will excel . But if you want to be a developer only then that might be a problem as you are expected to handle multiple roles. Its a personal choice
This is a nice place to work with open work culture. You can approach any one anytime to seek any potential help. The environment is very inclusive for learning.
Pros
Very nice place to learn
Cons
Travel Opportunities
This is a company that would take care of its employees from all perspectives. Be it work-life balance or learning opportunity. You can walk to any leadership member if you need exposure to some views or thoughts from senior management.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Employee quality degrading
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Morgan Stanley?
I have been working at Morgan Stanley for 2 year 5 months as of the time of writing this review, it has been good workplace and I have worked with some really smart folks here, pay is above the market average and a typical day at work goes in implementing the requirements set by the business and we have streamlined work process which ensures that the bottlenecks are identified at the beginning of the process. The hardest part of the job may be sometimes communication gap as there is less overlap from NY to India and sometimes we need to do last minute changes on the code.
Pros
good people, open work culture
Cons
usage of old tech.
Fast changing environment with continues changes that impacts the motivation and morale in teams, Management more keen on cost cutting rather than keeping experienced hardworking people on board.
Fixing bugs. Debugging the code changes. Understanding the business requirement. Worked mostly on handling error during trading
Pros
Good brand
Cons
Not quality work
High paying jobs with no work life balance. Work culture was ok. Most of the job was done by associates and senior associates.
The 5 Types of Work That Fill Your DayHacking work is all the rage these days, along with tips for managing email, taking notes, and running meetings. But, at a higher level, what can we learn from analyzing the different types of work we do and how we allocate our time?1. Reactionary Work2. Planning Work3. Procedural Work4. Insecurity Work5. Problem-Solving WorkWhat We Learn When We Audit Our Work -Taking all five types of work into perspective, we can audit our day and the types of work we engage in most.My typical day includes 2-5 types of work, with the majority being Reactionary Work. I hate to admit it, but I find that Reactionary Work constantly bleeds over into my efforts to schedule myself (Planning Work) and the deep thinking required to solve problems (Problem-Solving Work).I also find that, between nearly any type of work, I usually slip into a period of Reactionary Work that may include surfing the top of my email inbox, or a period of Insecurity Work, which usually comes in the form of scanning Twitter messages about our business.All work is not created equal. Try working with an awareness of the type of work you're doing, and how it's helping (or limiting) your progress.What's Your Take? How do you juggle the different types of work you're doing?
Pros
opportunities to adapt more knowledge
Cons
long hours and no support from management in the silo