Ministry of Defence Employee Reviews

Productive place with nice working environment.
Chemical Plant Operator Trainee (Former Employee) –  AruvankaduFebruary 24, 2018
Best place to work since the company is located in an hill station which provides soothing climate and working environment. The company i.e., Cordite Factory is an Ordnance Factory governed by the Ministry of Defense. I worked as a Trainee in Cordite Factory and worked in acid concentrations and manufacture of Nitro-Cellulose (explosives) for 3 years as per the contract period.
technical work
telecom (Former Employee) –  jhansi, Bhopal, Kashmir, Ambala,JabalpurDecember 19, 2017
I was telecom radio operator , I worked as det Commander during the operations. We operated various types of equipment in our defence service. We communicate through the different equipment with using secracy code.and also repairs if their cards available.
We enjoyed a lot during my service. I try to fulfill my job as my officer expected. When I worked fulfilled I filled happy in my heart.
Central Government organization
Medical Officer (Former Employee) –  Srinagar, Jammu and KashmirSeptember 20, 2017
A Central Government organization - provides handsome pay for a medical officer( post MBBS, as compared to any civilian organisation). Good canteen and health care facilities.
Good and secured job with lot of scope to learn and update our knowledge. Can Help people in need.
Sr Admin Officer (Former Employee) –  Andaman, Andaman and Nicobar IslandsMay 26, 2017
Enjoyed the job Nice environment to work and good peers to guide
An enthusiastic and challenging assignments pay packages and working conditions are good
Pros
Good career elevation, perks and facilities. Five days a week worki.
Cons
Frequent transfers disturbs family life
Great Place to Serve Nation
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiMay 24, 2017
It is a great place to work and serve nation. I consider my self fortunate and lucky enough to had opportunity to work at this place.
I being Short Service Commissioned officer had to leave after contractual agreement, that why left the place.
Work is learning
JRF (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduJanuary 20, 2017
work is learning ,new technology are used .people are friendly.freedom in work.team work is applied in every project .testing is strictly involved
Proper Workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  DelhiDecember 29, 2016
I am hardworking. By working on computer daily my computer knowledge has increased. I prepare Notice Inviting Tender, and e-tender work, etc. Working staff is good.
Pros
No big targets
Cons
Long Hours
It was a way of life
COLONEL (RETD ) (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiDecember 4, 2016
Great going ,experience of a life time ! Every day one had to face new challanges and take decisions which would affect human beings.Had to think out of the box to succeed.
Pros
Human interface
Cons
restricted career growth !
Bel bangaluru
Taking apprentice under BEL (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaNovember 5, 2016
Bel is very good company.. i have learned most of the thinks there how to communicate with employees, customers and our colleagues and all official work just like letters, notice, SAP etc.. BEL management is very good they provided time to time there services like transport, lunch,salary etc... A typical day at work when i go to 1st time for taking a Hindi class of employees who learned and write in Hindi language...its most typical as well as enjoyable part of my life
Proudctive and deeply analytical work
Director (Current Employee) –  DelhiAugust 7, 2016
• Analyzing defense equipment procurement proposals of armed forces from the technical, operational and strategic relevance aspects and provide inputs for better equipment acquisition
• Participating in project management teams of two defense ICT projects requiring design and development of 4G/LTE and microwave communication and IT network
• Analysing industry proposals/ complaints, specific inter – services and policy issues from MoD, providing feedback and recommending way ahead
Assisting in Inventory (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiJune 25, 2016
Productive and challenging work place.Required patience and tanacity to work in adverse working conditions.

Learned to work as team and how to act in life threatening situations like flooding and fire
Pros
service to nation
Cons
Frequent Transfers
well educated working experience
Major and Deputy Director (Former Employee) –  Most of stated in India and Jaffna (Srilanka)December 7, 2015
Highly Motivated co-workers , willing to die for the nation characters least self interested community worked for the safety of the nation
Pros
excellent opportunity to learn more culture
Cons
missed family life to some extend
boring but secured
Junior Translator (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, DLNovember 14, 2015
Its already understood what it really means when u work in a central gov office. its the most secured and safe job in this fast world of recession.

The management is supportive and i have learned a lot regarding the nature of my job here..especially in the field of translation and Official Language implementation.
Pros
the most secured job in the country.
Cons
LETHARGY- the common problem in every govt office.
Productive and fun workplace
Upper Divisional Clerk (UDC) (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, IndiaMarch 14, 2015
Very busy day at work always..faces new challenges..adaptive and friendly management and co-workers. The hardest part of the current job is to increment cycle.
Pros
Flexible timings
Cons
No transport facilities
Productive service and fun wok place
Administration, General Management (Current Employee) –  PortBlair, Andaman Nicobar, IndiaFebruary 26, 2015
Best work place.
Learned Complete managerial activities.All HR Management, Marketing Management, Financial Management.
An all round managerial activities like hospitality admin, Hotel, Camp management, financial accounting, auditing, procurement, etc.,etc.,
Performed as Administrator of supervisory level.
Learned cooperative managerial technique.
The hardest part of the job is nothings.
Pros
In GREF/GREF we are given free Mess, Food, Furnished accommodation, free electricity, water, Ltc, medical, transport facilities, Games, Entertainent
Cons
We are ready to work 24 Hrs when ever required. But the weekly working hours is 43 hrs per week.
Govt Job
Joint Director (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DLJanuary 9, 2015
Govt Job at the Ministry. Very challenging and bureaucratic.
Thoroughly enjoyed the job/ s in any assignment with win-win. Faced many toughest situations but enjoyed the risk even. Worked with men and machinery
Senior Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Kochi, Mumbai, VisakhapatnamOctober 31, 2014
Worked hand to hand with disciplined Armed forces. Learn a lot, to do and no to do. Witnessed, worked and enjoyed hard conditions. Ensuring efficient Services to mankind within the stipulated rule limits is really a challenging task that was accomplished like cat walk. Highest Award by the Supreme would forever cherish the memories. Frequent transfers disturbed domestic front but achieved well rounded personality with views and meticulous approaches. Facing toughest assignments turned the body and mind tough and sensitive too. Love to work in any environment. No conditions, no clauses and no limitations.
Learning Place
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DLJuly 1, 2014
I Learned to how to manage 250 user.
I Learned how to manage the Server and LAN Network
and how to performs all the duties and responsibilities in a day.
and much more .
- Poor Management
- Good co- worker
- Over load
- Working Off
Pros
free fooding and lodging
Cons
long hour
Productive and funwork place
Ex-Serviceman and Banking Service-Intermediate (Former Employee) –  All india and KolkataApril 8, 2014
Productive and enjoyable. Its an advanturous life with lot of enjoyment. One can see our country Kashmir to Kanya Kumari and seas and ocean, meeting all castes and creeds.
Pros
Free lunches