Milestone Inc. Employee Reviews

Good job
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 14, 2019
Enjoy working with the residents and caring for them. We do lots of outing in the community also. The pay isn’t great, but overall is fair for the amount of work you do.
Loved the work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Keenesburg, COOctober 24, 2019
I would return back to work if offered again I love working in the oil and gas industry did this line of work most of my life theirs always work no matter on weather conditions operating all types of heavy equipment
Pros
Good pay
Cons
High layoff bracket
Better than most nursing homes. Still not great.
Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 5, 2019
The rooms are carpeted. "More home-like," they call it. But the carpet takes effort to clean. Food, urine, and miscelanous fluids fall to the floor and, well, stay on the floor.
Nurses hate each other everywhere, I guess, but the hate is truly palpable at Milestone with roughly half the nurses. If not hate, then certainly indifference.
Residents are loveable. That's pretty much it.
RSC Review
Resident Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 21, 2019
A typical day at work consisted of staff and resident interaction during the morning and afternoon hours when residents would arrive home from work. During the day written reports were typed and reviewed, presentations for consults were developed, team meetings were conducted, and and other administrative duties were performed as needed to ensure smooth operation of homes. Management would routinely follow up on tasks and they were approachable to assist in all types of situations that may arise. Although not a normal occurrence, the job could be physically demanding as individuals may become resistive or even physically aggressive when offered assistance; Milestone worked with the individuals, families and community agencies to successfully reduce the occurrence of such incidents. Other times situations may arise in which staff coverage is severely short and if unable to find coverage you may have to go in and work on top of your normal duties and salary. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you see the people you work with succeeding and knowing that you have assisted them in creating a meaningful life for themselves.
Pros
Stable workplace environment, management listened and addressed issues
Cons
Emotionally and physically stressful at times
productive day
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 9, 2018
being understanding and open minded when working with the elderly. making sure your on time and consistent with your work. The most enjoyable day is see the smile.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
nothing
Poor Leadership
IMAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Quincy, WAApril 7, 2018
Dishonest about the amount of work there would be when we started the job. Only work 3-5 days per week. Leadership is dishonest, unprofessional. Promotions are not based on merit or work ethic. Managers hired with either no professional experience or no leadership experience.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Not enough work
Look some place else
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2018
Look some place else.
High turnover rate. Someone leaves every other week. Management does not listen to employees and does not care for them. They only see you as a number. They also only care about money not the client. I had to lie to clients all the time to make them stay with Milestone.

Also everyone hates working there. Constant complaints from coworkers
Pros
Friday breakfast
Cons
Poor management, turnover rate, unhappy employees
I was treated pretty well, until I went part-time and tried to go to school, in addition to working.
general worker, don't remember title (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 28, 2017
I liked working with the clients at Milestone. That was a plus. There were many staff members, some of whom I thought were pretty good, and others whom I thought were not.
Pros
free lunches, a fair amount of overtime available. Won a few employee-of-the-quarter awards.
Cons
some good staff, some bad.
Multitasking Is A Must
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2017
You will be given a large amount of clients right from the start, if you have not held an account management role this could be a stressful start. Time management is key as well as the ability to create personalized client relationships.
Pros
Friday breakfast
Cons
High turnover rate
Cha
Certified Habilitative Aide (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 5, 2017
working with mentally challenged or handicapped adults of all ages in a controlled environment for everyone's safety. Following all specialized programs for each person.
Great if you are just starting your career but not if you are season veteran
Supervising Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 24, 2017
Working with the individuals that you will be serving will make this job rewarding. You are seriously underpaid for the work you will be doing. The paper work can be a little redundant.
Pros
Your schedule will be weekly no weekend hours unless you are on call
Cons
Verry low pay
Great learning experience
Direct Service Provider, (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 13, 2016
Learned many things here, unfortunately the management was under par and often found staff replaceable. Which was hard for such a high demanding job. I loved working with the clients and learned many useful work habits.
Increase in staffing
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 8, 2015
The work environment has improved over the pass years due to obtaining more staff , creating a safer staff to resident ratio. The increase in staff involvement in care planning.
Pros
Increase in staffing
Cons
Undefinied policies and procedures
non for pprofit
Assist Individuals (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 5, 2015
It a non for profit, the state doesn't pay them enough how can they pay there employees enough? The uneducated employees that don't realize this brought in a union & now the underpaid are losing more money from there checks each month to have the union.... This was a decent company to work for before the economy went down hill & the union came in.
Pros
You can make your own schedule
Cons
Pay!!
L.N.H. Administrator - Individuals w/ Developmental Disabilities
L.N.H. Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 16, 2015
A typical day is addressing the ever changing needs of the individuals served and managing the team of employees. Each day brings new experience because we are people addressing the needs of people. Whether dealing with the needs of the individuals or employees it is a daily adventure.

Management is enjoyable increasing my level of objectively; seeing both sides of a story and extracting the facts. This is extremely valuable both in career and life.

Because I am the administrator for a residential facility for close to 100 individuals, the most difficult part of my position is making decision 24 hours a day seven days a week..

The most enjoyable part of my career is serving individuals, teaching others to be successful in their job, and developing positive relationships with families.
Working with Develpmentally Disabled individuals
Direct Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 12, 2015
A typical day was 3rd shift, where I cleaned the home, monitored the individuals, did regular room checks, their laundry, and prepared them for the morning shift.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
no cons
Bad management. Low pay. Unionized.
dsp (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 5, 2015
Don't do it. I've been here for 6 years and all of my raises combined total $ .64 . The management is horrible, plays favorites, and walks all over you. The individuals are amazing. Thats all i can say thats good about this company. We just got unionized and the union is a joke and doesnt fight hard enough for us. The african americab staff are racist against whites, and whites are outnumbered. Worst company ever.
Pros
The individuals
Cons
Pay, management, unionized, benefits, rude racist staff
Direct Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 18, 2014
There is no "typical" day at this company. Every day is something different. I worked with physically and/or mentally handicapped individuals. It could be challenging and frustrating at times, but I found the job very rewarding and fun. You need a high level of patience to work here. I liked almost everyone I worked with, both co-worker and individual wise. My house coordinator was awesome and easy to get along with and talk to.
Pros
Every day is something different, fun co-workers, challenging
Cons
Can be very frustrating at times
Very fun job, horrible pay for what you do on a daily basis
Group Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 7, 2014
Milestone is a great company. I can honestly say i LOVE what I do. The pay is terrible. You are responsible for many lives on a daily basis, yet you only make $9.36/hr. Management is known to be unfair and biast, but what company doesnt have that problem?
Pros
Individuals, everyday is different
Cons
Pay, management
Productive work environment
Human Resources Internship (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 8, 2014
Human Resources intern will observe and allow you learn the basics of working in HR. My job descriptions required me to develop interpersonal skills and maintained written communication. Some of my previous experience required me be able to type 30 wpm and knowledge about HR policies.
Pros
Gaining office experience
Cons
No Pay, staying pro activate