Microsoft
Coronavirus update
Information from Microsoft:

Microsoft Employee Reviews

Showing all 6,990 reviews
Learnt a lot from this company, enjoyed a lot, earned a lot.. super experience.
Would like to be part of this company again in future.. work life balance is the key..
Pros
All good.
Cons
Sometimes work pressure results in big big stressed life.
working with Microsoft delivery better technology and data to the public, updating and enjoying the whole Microsoft experience on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly
Pros
having fun
Cons
not paid/voluntary
Lots of process questions. Tons of questions on sales aptitude including relationship building.
Questions specific to bidding and process improvement.

Great company I absolutely love it, at this point I'm just trying to get the 150 minimum to stop typing this. I hate computers and typing on phones but love farm work. Yee yee
Pros
Shotguns
Cons
No beer, chewing tobaccer, or 4x4s
I start early in the morning. We have standup around 10-11. Most of my MS interactions is between 12 and 5. Very easygoing culture. Management was very responsive.
I have no complaints about working here and I love the environment. I honestly would recommend this job to anyone looking to start a path in technology as there is always room for growth.
Fast learning, collaborative, fast paced, offers flexibility for the working hours. Meetings at the end of the day to align with morning PST timezone.
Overall good. Lots to learn. This system makes you type too much. I cannot submit this content. I don't like this question. Make the minimum lower so we
not typical retail job, always learning and managers are always pushing for growth. Have quarterly reflections to review your impact and progress. regardless of work ethic they hardly ever fire unless under excruciating circumstances.
I worked at a Technical lead at Microsoft and can say that if you want to learn anything related to technology this is a great place to work .
Daily new challenges which will have something to learn about.

Work culture of the company is great mostly. However it depends on your department if they behave differently.

Cons: Compensation benefits can be provided more as compared to other tech giants.

Some toxic managers who will pull you down but the overall HR is strong enough for you to stand for yourself and its not difficult to go to HR if you are right.
Pros
You can work at your will, Sense of work Culture is great, Strong POSH, Approachable HR
Cons
Cons: Compensation benefit, Some toxic managers who
Best of times, launch of Win 95 ,Heading the Anti piracy hotline. Great camaraderie, competition, social events in and at work. Always looking to win.
At Microsoft, you get to work with a lot of brilliant minds and with products that everyone has heard of. A lot of the tech stack is microsoft specific but they did a good job. Sometimes there is office politics but it's not as common to deal with engineering.
Pros
Great campus, great people, big impact, benefits
Cons
Constanlty changing vision
I worked in the retail stores before they closed. Amazing benefits and truly enjoyed working there! I ultimately ended up leaving because of lack of direction with the company for retail employees specifically.
Pros
Pay, free health insurance, tuition reimbursement, personal development classes
Cons
Have to drink the koolaid, can be very cultish and dismissive to any feedback to improve
Very cut throat environment, watch your back. Salaries are appropriate for level and stock options are exceptional. Growth opportunities are limited in senior roles and everyone is expendable.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Zero job security after age 40
Job security and advancement
In terms of job security at Microsoft, I’ve always felt secure in my employment. It’s been relatively easy to switch between groups and I have relocated by choice across the country twice to a different office on Microsoft’s dime. I have changed between engineering disciplines as well. Although I do feel changing disciplines slows your advancement through the promotion levels.
I worked for Microsoft for a project. It is very interesting. I studied a lot from the director. I really like the working environment and I appreciate for the opportunity
Muy buena estoy super satisfecha con la atención que me han proporcionado
Pros
Ninguno
Cons
Ninguno
I would start, with one one thing which is ownership that's the best which i have always liked in working with microsoft as you get a chance to learn and do things in a different way.
Pros
Free lunches and outing
Cons
i am no expirence to do work any company,because i am fresher,i can do hardwork any company to join me,firstly we are join as a internship because i am understand company environment .
Employees will be completely engaged in their work. Flexible shift hours and friendly managers. There is lot of learning along with fun. Work life balance is based on individual. Supportive and encouraging environment.
Overall lovely place to work.
Pros
Learning, Approachable, Free dinner, outings, xbox room, Recreation room, awareness programs and activities.
Cons
feedback to managers are not amended.
It's alot of work, they throw so many things at you especially during COVID. They also don't quite understand how to manage people. It really depends on your manager
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
too much work and crazy managers