Marks and Spencer Employee Reviews

Found 129 reviews matching the search See all 5,487 reviews
Very friendly working environment
CASHIER AND SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiJuly 24, 2019
When someone is willing to learn, they learn something new everyday. Marks and Spencer gave me an opportunity to experience a lot. I worked as a cashier, a sales associate and most of all as a team member. The working environment at Marks and Spencer was really friendly.
Best place to work
Section Manager (Current Employee) –  Thane, AKJuly 23, 2019
It is a best company to work with. One of the best brand. Motivates and help people to grow. Lots of learnings in M&S. U wil get lost opportunities to go on next level.
Pros
2 week offs.
Cons
No cons
Fun Place, Good People, Encouraging Staff
CSA (Customer Service Associate) (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraApril 12, 2019
It was the first and the best store I could work at. Management was good. I needed to switch to embrace my art and skills. Otherwise its a big brand and pleasure to work with Mark's and Spencer's.
Pappi Chulo Hostel in Goa is chill place and people around you are like family who support you in your ups and downs and help you to provide better services as a staff. Good to be part of it.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
Long hours and sales pressure
Employer of choice
Head Finance, Accounts and Taxation (Current Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaMarch 4, 2019
Very transparent and friendly environment, unique work culture helping colleagues, responsible team, agile to technology, adaptable to market ahead of competition, innovative team
Productive and funplace
MARKETING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiFebruary 12, 2019
I have only been there for two months as internee. Two months was very knowledgeable and gave us the feeling of corporate world. As i was most time outside the office interaction with office employees was very less.
Great company with wonderful policies
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  IndiaJanuary 6, 2019
There was time when we girls staff did the segregation for the stock take and we were not allowed stay post 8 p.m.But we stayed there till 10 to help our other staff to finish the task soon.The sqft area of the store was 16000, and stock on hand was 50000 approx.

I started my career in retails with marks and spencer, so my base was discovered in MnS.

In one years i took the promotion, management was very supportive and made me learn new tasks and challenges.

Amazing people to work with and got opportunity to learn a lot.

Nothing was hard to manage in MnS, in fact their wonderful policies made it more easier.

We used to have celebrations for the small occassions even, the store people were like family to each other.
Pros
Policies
Cons
Na
Productive work place with more activities for employes
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  GoaDecember 31, 2018
Working with marks and spencer was very productive.
It was always something new to learn every day.
Management staff was also more helpfull along qoth the policies of the company
Pros
Policies, discounts, management
Cons
Sometime long working hours
a good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  360 Mall, ZahraNovember 10, 2018
the Job culture was a different experience with M&S, my job at work was to merchandise the clothing line and look after the changing room, my colleagues at work were very helpful. a good place to work.
Pros
helpful staff, good management.
Cons
standing job at work.
Nice place to work
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West BengalNovember 1, 2018
Good place to work..store manager and H. R were very supportive there.. Even all staff were very helpful to each other they support everyone in tough situations..
Company is very good culture but Mumbai location is not good
Commercial Manager (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraOctober 30, 2018
I'm not happy a lot at Marks & Spencer as the commitment which has done while joining at M&S which is still pending and I'm also waiting for the same,
One of the best place to work
Digital marketing and e-commerce Intern (Former Employee) –  Gurgaon, HaryanaSeptember 23, 2018
I loved the corporate culture of Marks and Spencer. I consider it to be the foundation of my critical skills. I learned a lot about MNCs, there way to work, think, negotiate and most importantly work as a team. I really loved the free atmosphere in the office.
Executive Assistant & Administration
Executive Assistant & Administration (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaSeptember 19, 2018
Assisting Head of Region - South Asia Offices
Maintaining his day to day activities, calendar and HOR Office in Confidence.
Travel Management: Introduced new travel agency into the company & handling the entire flight, train & bus ticketing including the hotel accommodation for more than 150 employees across the region, mainly towards UK, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Turkey, Madagascar & Pakistan
Coordination activities: Handling the UK Buyers of different departments in their hotel bookings, local logistics, etc.
Administrative activities: Front office, Stationary, Housekeeping, courier services, maintenance at office premises, etc.
Very nice place to work with
Customer service advisor (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraAugust 16, 2018
Best place marks n spencer by over all things for employee, very nice happy to be a party of the best organization , will try again if I get chanve to work with it
Pros
Two week off
Cons
long hour
It's nice
Technical Consultant (Chennai) (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduJuly 27, 2018
I learnt the technical concepts ,as it has very complex SAP Landscape

Good work life balance skills

We will get much onsite opportunities and client is feasible
Productive and fun working environment
Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaJuly 25, 2018
Workplace culture is very good. Strict timings for most days, however flexible work hours are also given. Management is good and lots of team involvement
Pros
Healthy working environment, Perks
Cons
Short Breaks, Burden of work
weekends with games
Cashier & Merchandiser (Intern) (Former Employee) –  IndiaMay 20, 2018
1.)Most cool Staff.
2.)Footfalls were tough to deal on Weekends.
3.)Management was very friendly and adjusting
4.)Free rewards on achieving targets on week basis.
Pros
free pick ups and drops on late night shifts
Cons
no cons
Fun Work place
Senior Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chandigarh, ChandigarhApril 1, 2018
I have learned a lot how to display the merchandise. how to prioritized your work. this is the best company to work with. enjoyable part of the job is training and store openings.
work culture
Stocktake Assistant (Former Employee) –  IndiaMarch 16, 2018
The work life balance is greatly maintained and also the staff is co operative in all sense. It is always great to find a family away from a family. Fun loving work place.
workplace is very nice n fair
SALES AND Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Delhi, DelhiMarch 13, 2018
company is very good .workplace culture is very nice . they r flow our sop . company have lots of learning aera and very good internal job chance to catch every 6 to 1 year
Pros
nothing to free
Cons
set working hours
Product quality is very good.
FHSO (Fire health and safety officer). (Current Employee) –  KanpurMarch 8, 2018
Overall good experience with Mns.everything is good.learn lot of things with the company.policies are friendly.people oriented company.service standard is very good.
Cons
When required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marks and Spencer. Our community is ready to answer.

52,138