Manipal University Employee Reviews

Icfai
Assistant Professor for training Probationary (Former Employee) –  Bengaluru, KarnatakaDecember 28, 2018
ICFAI was good in terms of providing training and upgrading the skills of employees, giving individual freedom to work with in job responsibility. it was more like government job but everything was based on given out put of the individual, to an extent non political. Each one was responsible for allotted work. when the institution was closed down most of them got employed to other university with thrice the salary but when I asked if ICFAI comes back will they be willing to go back all of them said yes because of the work culture and independence than the provided salary.
Pros
work culture was good
Cons
Need to work extra hours
lots of learning point
Health science research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manipal hospitalOctober 10, 2018
5days a week to work from9am to 4.30pm
and the professor direct interns to cooperate with local hospital staffs and also we analyze the ddate of patients with softwares.
Nightmare experience at MCNS, MAHE (Manipal University)
Postdoc (Former Employee) –  Manipal Centre for Natural Sciences, MAHE, ManipalSeptember 27, 2018
I was a Postdoc in this worst institution.
Pay higher than any inst (perhaps, harassment/torture allowances included!).
It has got really SERIOUS management issues, autocratic boss who follows NO administrative procedure or policy, anything can be done at anytime in the name of management decision. Other university management turns mute spectators to autocracy. In simple words, management is unethical, morally bankrupt and dishonest. The work environment is hostile, no research infrastructure or atmosphere, and needless to mention, created by insecure immediate boss and incompetent co-workers (self respect lacking survivors!). You will be spending your day managing your immediate boss than doing your research work.
Autocratic boss decides what you research. Research in this self proclaimed center of excellence is a joke, mockery of science pursuance. Do not go by what is claimed by the institute/university, analyse critically what is the real output from institute work before joining, outsource research is practice here, therefore, they could not develop research infrastructure even after 8-10 years. Retired worthless scientists join this institute for medical benefits, they publish their old work in MCNS name (unethical science practice). Have your assessment!
There is no work life balance, you need to fight for your rights (no clarity in policy paper). If you are taking it as a job, you can be submissive to your boss and survive, but NO guarantee for happiness and self respect! Employees are treated very badly, for an analogy I would call modern day slavery! All your
  more... co-workers will be frustrated and No interaction with each other (never happens in Science). Better to be jobless than working for this worst institution. There is no scope for any learning here. You will hear similar opinions from others.  less
Excellent Exposure
Internship (Former Employee) –  IndiaSeptember 3, 2018
Absolutely loved the experience. Wonderful exposure to industry and helped challenge myself to the core. There's no place I would rather be. Would love to work with them again
Freely accessabile
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Manipal, INDIAJuly 4, 2018
Worked as Adjunct Professor to teach Energy Science & Technology, help the faculty members in involving research and conduct outreach activities from translation of knowledge for enhancing Human Development Index.
Pros
Free place for exploring
Cons
Free thinking
The place is very good to gain knowledge and work in the wonderful exposure
Student member (Former Employee) –  Banglore, KarnatakaJune 4, 2018
The place is very good to gain knowledge and work in the wonderful exposure. The professors are very supportive and also friendly. best of all is the lab work. The instruments are available for all the experiments which we have.
had worst experience of my life in MCNS
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Manipala, KarnatakaFebruary 25, 2018
I was working as post-doc at MCNS. It was a worst experience I ever had. Though they give good salary, its not worth the mental torture one goes through. The center has lots of issues starting from the Director. Complete non academic atmosphere. The laws and rules are completely messed up.
Cons
no transparency and rules
not so good place
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Manipala, KarnatakaFebruary 24, 2018
I was a employee of MCNS center at MAHE. I had to leave for no reasons. Though the salary is good, the particular ceter is problematic. If you are joining there then look for another job. This center has lot of management issues.
Pros
salary
Cons
no work culture
A enjoying experience here
Assistant Professor of Marketing (Current Employee) –  RajasthanJanuary 10, 2018
Manipal University Jaipur offer a congenial work environment to the academic fraternity where they can enjoy working with full autonomy and sense of attainment.
Pros
excellent work culture
Cons
low pay
Perfect Architecture
FINAL YEAR MAJOR PROJECT (Former Employee) –  RajasthanJanuary 6, 2018
I did my Bachelor's Degree from Manipal University Jaipur. The architecture of the University is very beautiful. Also the Teachers are quite friendly and helpful. I learned a lot from my teachers there. They taught me how to be a hard worker but in a smarter way.
Overall, my most memorable part of life till now was spent in Manipal University Jaipur. I feel so glad to be a part of this University.
Nice
Admin Supervisor/Financial Asst Accountant (Former Employee) –  IndiaSeptember 28, 2017
Learned a lot under seniors guidance. Got the chance to learn new things. Always pressure in work. mixture of fun and pressured atmosphere. But really proud to say work in such a famous institute.
Nice working here
Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Mangalore, KarnatakaSeptember 9, 2017
Learning here is best. Learnt culture media preparation Blood culture stool culture pud urine culture . Very . Microsoft excel word . Public speaking.
Pros
Difficult
Good
Good
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Jaipur, RajasthanAugust 20, 2017
I left my personal reason.because salary was big problem and management system was not good . my actual Field is finance that's why I left it . in field I can prove my self.
good experience
Clerical Staff (Former Employee) –  Manipal, KarnatakaAugust 10, 2017
It provided a good work environment to me. All the staffs were very supportive and closeto me. I learned how to maintain a good communication in a company. Company provides good salary and by correct time.
Pros
Free tea/coffee
Excellent
Post Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Manipal, KarnatakaJuly 6, 2017
The best college and staff one can ever imagine. Everything is very professional. No red tape. No nonsense.
Systematic and earnest people and university.
Mamata profile
Assistant Professor of Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Khammam, TelanganaJune 30, 2017
the experience in mamata made my subject very strong and built confidence in my carrier. Mamata experience has given me a good platform for my basics in cancer research where now i can manage to write the research projects and can guide independently,
Productive and Fun Workplace
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Manipal, IndiaJune 7, 2017
A typical day at work would be giving lectures depends on two to three class. and practical lab which is for three to four hours.
I have learned to manage time, supervise students and assessing based on quizzes, tests, exams. Work culture is really smooth and friendly.
Pros
Time for your own learning and research
Cons
Sometimes classes might be tough to handle
A good place to work
Volunteership at Public Health Evidence South Asia (Former Employee) –  Manipala, KarnatakaMay 27, 2017
Being at Manipal University is like fun as you learn new things and new challenges come to you at every step you take, but thanks to the friendly faculty who made the hardest part of my job most enjoyable.
Pros
friendly faculty, mentors
Cons
long working hours
good
Software Engineer, Intern (Former Employee) –  Manipala, KarnatakaApril 27, 2017
was doing a project under teacher.anyway a great place to be in. Good learning experience with all the ameneties. great worklife balance with no leave policy.
professional work culture
Admission Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jaipur, RajasthanApril 9, 2017
nice place to work
good learning and experience
cooperative management, healthy atmosphere
Pros
kids tuition fees concession
Cons
salary increments is longer process