Maersk Line Employee Reviews

Average place to work
Manager Taxation (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraSeptember 23, 2018
Average place to wok with consistent changes in management policy. Top management keeps changing their priorities and only thing is constant i.e. change. Group policies are not defined and changes as per changes in Management.
Pros
work live balance
Cons
No clear cut statergy
A good place to work in. Life is a bit tough though.
Ordinary Seaman (Former Employee) –  Lower Parel, MaharashtraJuly 24, 2018
Awesome place to work in. If the Captain is good & understanding, then everything else goes well. The ship staff must be helpful to eachother & must be understanding & must blend along with each other & maintain peace & understanding. Communication in proper understandable english is a must & crew members must know how to communicate & reciprocate in proper understandable english.
Pros
Food & accomodation is free.
Cons
Crew must know to communicate well in english.
I am always working with on board friends
Messman (Former Employee) –  Anywhere in the worldJuly 6, 2018
My review is I want to work with maersk line until my retirement because whatever & whenever hear about maersk line the results position then other companies and also my brother's is still working at maersk line as a one massman and other deck side so I am very happy to say maersk line is better than other companies.
Pros
Talk each other
Cons
Tour with my family
Productive & Fun work place
Procurement Buyer (Supply Chain Marine) (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJune 30, 2018
A Typical day at work is super hectic as shipping industry is unpredictable.
Any urgency can crop up anytime.
Time management & task priority has to be well managed to complete all the work given.
Work culture is friendly & peers are extremely helpful.
Hardest part of job is unpredictable workload
Most enjoyable part is everyday is a new learning even after 1 year completion.
Systems Developer (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJune 19, 2018
Company provides good work culture
Open discussions, Compassionate towards employee needs
Provides good office facilities, hygienic environment, timely changes done to teams to keep up with the standards
Nice organization to work
Senior Executive - Operation (Current Employee) –  PIPAVAVJune 14, 2018
Overall fantastic organization in terms of all aspects. Very supportive staff, balanced work load and flexible work culture. Nice leave policy, HR policies are very supportive and encouraging.
micro level planning & usage of systems
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJune 10, 2018
Here have the opportunity to learn on the best system available at that time real time updation of the movements .
Have entire gamut of the All kind of Equipment /Cargo to handle
Pros
System oriented
Cons
nothing impossible
Good company
Seaman (Current Employee) –  IndiaMay 31, 2018
Maersk line is the world largest shipping company. And proud to work with Maersk line. Working hours is 10 hr a day . Good food provide on board. Proper maintain rest hour. Enjoy to work with multi national crew.
Pros
Cons
10 hrs work a day
Good workplace
Analyst - Finance (Current Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraApril 5, 2018
It's great place to work, i have been working in maersk more than 5 years. Maersk provided all benefit like transport, medical insurance & free meal facility.
Productive and safe
Fresher (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraApril 1, 2018
One of the best company I came across and feel fortunate was a part of it too. Mangers and Leaders were truly supportive and Friendly too. Employees at office were hardworking and environment was positively competitive.
Pros
Employee freedom to explore new ways of working
Cons
Night shift
Overall it is good
Associate Programmer (Current Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraMarch 17, 2018
I am working in Maersk from last one year.
Good working culture.but too much internal politics.
Good for fresher.as a fresher you can learn many things.
Good companies policy.
Global brand.
Pros
Food n transpotation is free, learn new things
Cons
Less salary, politics
Working with mnc is challenge
Customer Care Executive (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraFebruary 6, 2018
Follow up with the customers and inform them regarding the cargo arrival and arrange clearence of the same
What I learned was time is money
Management were keen that the employees adhere to the tasks for the day
Work Place was good
Appraisals
Annual Picnics
Pros
ocassional parties
Cons
work load
work oriented workplace
Vessel Performance Manager (Energy Optimization) (Current Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJanuary 28, 2018
Glad to be working with a team where everyone has an equal right to express their views without hesitation. This in turn always brings out constructive discussions and also results.
As part of the commercial team, it gives an opportunity to work closely with the chartering and operations team in adding value to the usual processes. (for e.g- giving inputs to device various charter party for all types of ships being operated out of the pool).
In today's tough commercial market, it is very important for the ship owners to do their bit to save outflow of money from their pocket. And what better than saving on the biggest daily cost of fuel. Being directly involved in monitoring & optimising fuel consumption on assigned 30+ ships, brings about a sense of responsibility in contributing to the bottom line earnings of ship owners.
Good place to learn
Operations - Administration Executive (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, MaharashtraJanuary 15, 2018
great place to learn work ethics, good culture at work. They require attention to details, fast paced environment. Good people to work with and great exposure.
Productive and professional environment
Senior Executive (Current Employee) –  MumbaiDecember 17, 2017
Good place to work and good atmosphere. I have been working with Maersk for a decade and now looking forward for growth opportunities and exciting challenges.
Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduDecember 12, 2017
Hey, it just all depends on the management you work for. The management team I am working with, could perform a little better in terms of the interest on the growth of the employees working for them. But there is in-depth flaw in their workforce management strategies leading to attrition of senior employees. The company as a whole is good place to work. You wouldn't feel the kinda pressure you see in similar organisation elsewhere.
amicable culture
Container Category Manager (Current Employee) –  mumbaiNovember 9, 2017
good place to thrive and grow. nice office culture. manageable work pressure. independence to handle projects solely. nice team to work with. freedom to express new ideas.
Awesome work place
Associate (Current Employee) –  PuneNovember 5, 2017
I am right now writing a review for the biggest fish in the Shipping and Logistics.

I work in rotational shifts for 8 hours. I have an awesome hierarchy of managers who trust you motivate you doing your best. I seriously feel lucky working for this organisation.

Work atmosphere here is very friendly and here the Company takes a lot of care of you.

I Love my Company..
Fun place to work
Associate - Finance and Accounting (Former Employee) –  Thane, MaharashtraOctober 31, 2017
One of the largest and successful shipping lines, the company invests heavily into software and have state of the art system which make work efficient.
Pros
Free lunch, Weekend off
Cons
Slow progress
Productive and fun work culture with ping pong table
Executive F & A (Former Employee) –  Pune, MaharashtraOctober 23, 2017
I got an onsite opportunity with Maersk. It was a wonderful experience. My manager was also very knowledgeable. Work culture was nice.

I did not want to leave the job.