Kolkata Port Trust

Kolkata Port Trust Employee Reviews

Need remodeling but a very old work organisation and an important part of Kolkata Dock system.We get to learn about just in time logistics, cargo delivery scheduling.
Each and Every work delayed because No one ready to take responsibility and try to convey responsibility to others.only lazy people are satisfied here
I had done my training for one month and it was good. I have nice time there we had lunches in group and we also learn workshop equipments and I got the certificate also.
Pros
Near howrah
Cons
Good experience onboard aged ships in maintenance both in preventive and breakdown. Good experience in manual management and leadership skills........
It's mostly traditional and popular it has a vast connection of transportation in various places and it is indeed a good place to work in. And this job of shipping is extremely important to me and as well my country Cuz like these kind of work increase the economy of our country .
Pros
Holidays
Cons
Medium hours
It is one of the oldest port in India. The work pressure is too much but i enjoy handling the pressure. The working environment is also very good. But the salary structure is very bad.
As a trainee I was welcome into the organization openly. We were taught all we needed to know about the operation of the company in the theory classes before going on to the practical workshops. The seniors and teachers are extremely friendly and welcome everyone as equals.
Kolkata port trust having 2 dredgers 1 emergency vessel. a good environment which i can study more about marine machinaries behaviour , maintenance and operation. a typical day at work: i am having two watches a day starting from 0500hrs to 0900hrs and 1700hrs to 2100hrs dring my watch i need to look after all running machinaries for its satisfactory operation, most probably i may come across so many problems which i am supposed to sort it out or find the reason before chief engineer arrives.I am surronded by good and hard working people. what you learned: i learned so many things beyond the engineering aspects, most importantly i learned to manage the crew in the ship how to solve problems in the ship, how to take necessary action to the concern problem.
Pros
Mess allowance
Cons
worked as security gaurd with no facilities, no loss or property damage during my tenure of duties , dont have much skilled management , co workers are good all ex servicemen,hardest part of the job was no help from high authorities as and when required.
Pros
no meals
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Kolkata Port Trust?
I like to finish work on stipulated time period and love to complete any project with all associated personnel.
Pros
NIl
Cons
Nil