Jadavpur University

Jadavpur University Employee Reviews

I only gave a couple of scholarly lectures there so these answers are best guesses. It seemed like a vibrant intellectual environment with few other perks. The professors are extremely effective.
Pros
good students
Cons
bad infrastructure
I did my masters and bachelors from the institution. It is one of the esteemed institution of higher studies in India and has been rated among top 50 universities for research opportunities in Asia. The courses studied in the university enabled me to grow into a professional individual in all aspects with special reference to communication skills. The place offered plethora of opportunities to unleash the organisational abilities hidden within people by exposing them to real life industrial projects and internships.
Jadavpur University is a science student's dream. The opportunities and possibilities are endless. The exposure is rewarding. The hardest part of the job is the demanding hours and the most enjoyable part of the job is testing the limits of innovation.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Temporary
Started work as research student and finished as senior Professor. Worked on development of Energy Science and Technology. Developed five laboratories e.g. 1. Physical Processing dedicated for thin film deposition, 2. Chemical Processing dedicated for Electro-Chemical Processing, 3. Measurement dedicated for measuring of outcome from fabricated devices and 4. Testing & Evaluation dedicated testing of Photovotaic and Bio-Mass Gasification Systems.
Pros
Good place for work
Cons
Freedom in thinking
if you are a teacher or a staff, then only it is a great experience. otherwise you will have to try hardest to cope up with every bit of circumstances here in jadavpur university
Pros
nothing
Cons
traditional
In-hand experience in working with some critical industrial instruments. Got the opportunity to read various research papers, learned laboratory safety procedures.
Very good environment for research, excellent colleagues and sincere students make the work enjoyable. The department is small but full of possibilities.
I served as a project fellow at Jadavpur University in the Department of Instrumentation Science. The project fund is government allocated. This project fellowship comes with the opportunity of PhD. A PhD is done in 3 years in this lab in Thin Film Technology which is like half the regular time. The Professor is highly experienced and knows best.
Pros
3 year PhD
Cons
Gender Discrimination
it is a enjoyable work with my mentor. analogue modelling and field are also well. I am very much happy with this wih a good surroundings.
Good working environment and excellent co-workers always motivated for good research work. Most enjoyable part of the job is to deal with practical problems and solution of joining materials.
-attending to the discussion on research projects of other researchers -working on the technics of assays -running some assays with scientisst and comparision.
How to tackle economic problems. Ways to be a good manager. Helpfull teachers Interactive session Easy coordination Good co learners
I am doing my final year project from JU, kolkata. As I am doing work in research and my work is in an ICMR project that in on Leishmania. And further I want to work in R&D and scientific writing.
Lots to learn Loads of good teacher and instructors were rthere
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hour
Jadavpur University is a top ranking University in India.There are the faculty of Arts,the faculty of science and the faculty of engineering.Only the students with exceptionally strong academic background and good results in their examinations get chance to get admitted to any course of any faculty.