Irdeto Employee Reviews

productive workplace with ping pong table
Quality Control Technician, CFP (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAAugust 23, 2018
Fast-paced video and technology content protection company. You need to be on your game to succeed. Very good benefits and company perks. Management was fair.
Benefits
Cons
Unknown future due to technology changes
The future is exciting
Manager (Current Employee) –  HoofddorpJuly 1, 2018
I have been with Irdeto over 4 years, and still love everything about this place. It’s small enough to be personal and big enough to offer really interesting (international) career opportunities.
The company is growing and if you are ambitious this is a good place to work!
Irdeto
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAFebruary 23, 2018
They do match your 401k, but the analyst position is not very exciting, horrible hours, some on the team are not team players. And they pay you in snacks. I would not recommend this company.
If you are active in marketing it will be nice place for you
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 20, 2018
It use to be a solid technique company. But now it put all resource on marketing. You will lost your opportunities if you are not talkative and don't want to wast your time on social.
The Future is Foggy
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  HoofddorpSeptember 18, 2017
The company is stuck with "best practices" and company stack. It values those long in service over performers. This is, person can be called "senior"/"principal" just because one work "long enough".
There is a lot of uncertainty under the hood and you will be blamed for being not "friendly" enough without any chance to appeal.
On the other hand, if you have small kids, you have plenty of room to spend time with them, if necessary.
Pros
Free drinks, fruits, massages
Cons
Constant reorganization, "politics", time in service over performance
Great benefits but small company
Document Controller, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  HoofddorpSeptember 12, 2017
This is a small company and it is hard to move around the organisation, the benefits for an expat were fantastic.
Benefits
Cons
Movement
Workplace Culture
Director, Operations - Production Services (Former Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJuly 24, 2017
Irdeto has a team-based working environment. It is a place where working among different groups is essential for success, instead of working within silos. The company encourages feedback and provides time for team building and socialization.
Benefits
Cons
Frequent High-Level Management Re-organization
Quiet relaxed workplace
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 24, 2017
Enjoyable workplace. Very relaxed, self starting work environment. Co workers are super nice and make you feel welcomed. A lot of work but the work is not difficult to complete.
Office Administrator/Executive Admin (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2017
This company is ran by an out of the country leadership therefore they do not see or hear what happens it the US. There is consideration for the lower level employees.
Pros
Great group of people
Cons
Top heavy
So much potential
Head of Marketing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 20, 2017
This is a european company that operates in lower gears. They have a tremendous potential but lack leadership to realize it. Still they treat employees right if you are up for that sort of company.
typical silicon valley company
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Everyday I'd perform different tasks on internet to track down and remove online piracy. I learned how to search corner to corner of the internet for just about anything. The team was great. This was the typical silicon valley work culture.
Pros
discovering new places and stratagies online
Cons
low pay for the Silicon Valley
Nice place to work
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 22, 2016
I imagine it's pretty standard here compared to a lot of other places. There aren't really any negative things about working here besides high levels of stress every once in a while, but that's to be expected no matter where you are employed.

We also do things together which is nice, such as go out to lunch or celebrate the holidays.
Interesting work environment
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 27, 2016
I was able to work in a variety of position and departments which allowed me to grow with each change. A typical day could be setting up for a company event, to remodeling the office and up to supporting the global Executive team coming in from every corner of the world.
Co-workers were very technical and smart. Created a very interesting environment to work in. Open work space concept which lent itself to open communication among all employees and management.
Hardest part of the job was the ever changing direction the company was moving which made it challenging at times, but also created a diverse work load.
I really enjoyed the exposure to new technology. Potential for growth, diverse assignments, exposure to all levels of management.
Pros
Lunches provided, bi-weekly Borrels (company after hours party), short commute, self managing
Cons
Long hours, sometimes heavy physical work.
Already Reviewed Them
Irdeto Intelligence Anti­Piracy and Forensics Team (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 21, 2016
Same as the review I wrote for one of my other positions. Great coworkers. Poor management, pay, and workload. Team leads did great work though.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Smart engineers, but stressful schedules and quite political
Engineer (Former Employee) –  CanadaFebruary 18, 2016
Very cool technology and really intelligent people. Worked with great people from all over the world.

Over time there seemed to be more and more layers of management between the designers and the CEO.

The politics can be hard to deal with. A lot of people left, or were eliminated, during the rise and fall of various internal empires.

Frequent "This is the next big thing for the company" meant a lot of evenings and weekends, then getting shuffled on to the "New next big thing".
Pros
Very smart people, good compensation plan, free drinks and snacks, nice office
Cons
Frequent changes of focus and internal restructuring, politics
Great colleagues, good package, interesting work
human resources (Current Employee) –  HoofddorpNovember 2, 2015
I have been working for Irdeto for almost 2 years now, and I really like it here. My colleagues are all friendly and from all over the world. The atmosphere is very international and respectful. Besides working we also have quite a lot of social activities such as soccer and running which we do together.

The work I do is interesting, but more importantly, I have the opportunity to change what I work on quite often. We always have new projects, products, ideas etc - and I have worked on many different projects in the last 2 years.

I enjoy the travel, the industry we work in, the fact that this industry is changing rapidly and so are we.
Pros
Interesting work, nice colleagues, opportunties for personal growth
Cons
Would prefer the office to be in Amsterdam
Technical Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 31, 2014
Lots of hard working, sharp people. Management really cared about doing the right thing for both internal and external customers.
Good Plate to work
Manager at Irdeto (Current Employee) –  AmsterdamMarch 28, 2014
Hard work is rewarded. The new teams and dynamics are excellent.
Ability to discuss items with the all levels of the organisation.
Pros
Good atmosphere
A Good Place to Work
US Business Controller (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 31, 2013
Overall, Irdeto is a good place to work. The work is challenging and the benefits are great.
Pros
benefits and perks are great.
Cons
many reorganizations, constant state of flux

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Irdeto. Our community is ready to answer.