Indira Gandhi National Open University

Indira Gandhi National Open University Employee Reviews

India38 reviews
Limited students but with varied age groups and good teaching learning process. Work is in good atmosphere. Students are so enthusiastic and good at lecturers.
I have been working as an Assistant Regional Director in IGNOU, I was learn so many things and it was implemented in gross root level. IGNOU main Moto is reaching the unreached, Quality Education at your door step. IGNOU has
excellent work culture and the "Best Educational Institution in World".
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Tight Schedules
It was good working place and they provide good salary. Worked there 5 years. It was center government job so got many facilities like p.F esi . Worked there and enjoyed but it was contract base work after 5 years contract didn't got renew so we were asked to search for another job. But I enjoyed working there
The work place is nice but salary package is low. The behaviour of every person is good, it is very nice place to do work. The fee criteria is low for students so they can easily join the different courses here.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Low salary
As long as it lasted it was great fun!! Also learnt a lot from the seniors and the others around. Did it part time. Also a little money did not hurt anyone !!
Pros
Part time
Cons
Not much money
It's purely part time job I do. As a post-retirement assignment I find this job quite satisfactory. For a person looking for full time engagement this is not a good option.
Pros
for a retired person it's encouraging
Cons
for a person looking for adequate salary it's not the right choice
I only worked part-time on guest lecturer basis for two years. It was good. work culture was collaborative and calm. I had to leave the job because of relocation.
Only on sundays the classes are held and we enjoy a lot with our students who are willing to learn and have come from far off places only to attend the class.The hardest part of the job is when the students do not receive their study material.Its very tough to find out the current year assignments and how to go about it
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Classes happen only on sundays.
Working with ignou had gave me good experience.
The hardest part of the job was to complete certain work under dateline that was given too short period.
Really working in IGNOU was a very great experience, every thing in that Institution was perfect, I wish to work in IGNOU Regional Centre Guwahati, its been a honor working in IGNOU.
Pros
Increment after every 6 months
Cons
Less job security
ERP (People soft/Oracle) was implemented when I joined IGNOU and we were the team of People soft from the side of IGNOU. We worked with TCS team and provide functional training to IGNOU's all other employees.
Challenging work
Great environment to work

Motivating and encouraging team leaders

Management is also good

Great company for freshers to learn and grow
Working in ignou allows one to get exposed to many new subjects , also intersecting with candidates regarding their wueiry and solving it makes one busy throughout the day.
Cons
It is an apex body for distance learning in India and offers various courses in India and abroad. It comes under the ministry of human resources of Government of India
Pros
A repute center for DL
Cons
Yet to cover nationally
1.enhanced skills and knowledge
2.supportive management

3.most enjoyable work

4. learn different methods of increasing work performance

5. loving atmosphere
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
sometimes work overload
Overall, a very good experience working with the team.Got to study more about the office and the system followed in an Govt. office. The staff was very much coordinating and helping each other.
Pros
weekends leave
Cons
Long hrs
IGNOU is established by the Act of Parliament 1985 of Govt. Of India. It has over 3million students. Our is the programme Study Centre IGNOU 0763P for the graduation course BCA and IT certificate course CIT which are internationally recognised. Working in IGNOU is for persons interested in social working for educating Indian students by Open and Distance education. Our centre is under IRMED, a NGO at Delhi. The centre is known for it's quality education and dedication towards students. I am proud to be a part of this Centre.
Pros
Works on sat and sunday.
Cons
At a very low monthly salary like 4, 500 pm.
It was good experience with ACS. My co-workers are very appreciating and supportive.

I have learned lots of patience and attention to detail.
Pros
enhance my knowledge
Cons
no scope for promotion
extra skills medical coding (icd 10)
I like to do medical coding.

I am doing part time job in IGNOU.

I am a hard worker.

I am experienced at computer.

exam time.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
less hours
I was just a project trainee at this work place. We were working in a group of 4 people and i was leading the team. It was a great experience working with knowledgable people.
I have experience in the field of full time professor, teacher in C.B.S.C. Schools, B Sc Nursing College, International School in Al-Jubail Saudi Arabia and Guest Lecturer in various Colleges in Kerala