Indian Oil Corporation Employee Reviews

Lot of Authority
Sales Officer (Current Employee) –  Aurangabad, MaharashtraFebruary 4, 2019
Lot of Authority and respect.
Culture can take toll on an individual in the initial days.
Work life balance depends on Location and Job profile.
Secure job.
Productive, Sales , marketing personnel
Back End Support Manager (Current Employee) –  GhaziabadJanuary 27, 2019
A hardworking and self-reliant individual, who is efficient in carrying out administrative tasks in pressured environment and competent to provide a good service. Very well presented, diligent and a determined individual. Self- motivated with a very high level of commitment in any task undertaken. Works well on her own and is a good team member.
Not a bad place to work in. Opportunities to grow and get varied experience. Good work culture. Good pay scales. Good perquisites, particularly medica
General Manager Finance (Former Employee) –  Delhi NCR, MumbaiDecember 30, 2018
A typical day at work is interesting, learning experience, gives job satisfaction, provides opportunity to sharpen your skills and knowledge. Work culture is good provided you make efforts to make it so and look at the brighter side, remain contented, maintain positivity. Hardest part is to remain motivated despite adversities. Most enjoyable part is to bond well with collegues, and make your day a learning experience, enjoy learning through interactions.
Pros
Wide exposure, Good payscales and perquisites, opportunity to work with immensely talented and competent people, and learn from them.
Cons
Transfers, promotion delays
Arranged and self organised company
Application Developer and Software Testing (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, IndiaDecember 17, 2018
Start of my career and learned lot of things which made me to learn some programming languages and testing and MYSql.
Very arranged and self organised company
Pros
Free gym and Snacks
Cons
N/a
Good salary and perks
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduDecember 16, 2018
Good perks in form of salary and bonus. Work/Life balance is an issue with frequent transfers. Workplace culture is not competitive.
Job assures a good financial security.
Pros
initial salary for entry level position
Cons
transfers and relocation every 3-4 years
Technical works
Apprentice Trainee (Current Employee) –  Manmad, MaharashtraNovember 21, 2018
I was engage first time in any company there don't manage job time . But I was decide and I manage the Avery thing works and any technical information get.
Best company in india
I also have experienced asTechnician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Panipat, HaryanaNovember 5, 2018
Iocal refinery is a good place to get knowledge and to improve yourself. And you also have groups of good employees. Learn about new instruments and technology.
Pros
Best place to work with good and well skills engineers
Cons
No any cons
Working
Assistance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Haldia, IndiaOctober 29, 2018
Really fantastic company.
I never feel boring. Production system is very reliable.
Working environment is very clean and safe.
The team of refinery is vary honest.
LPG Engineering
LPG Operations LPG Sales Project Construction (Current Employee) –  KeralaOctober 6, 2018
Wide options to learn different functions in oil sector. Worked as Safety and Maintenance incharge at LPG Bottling plant for 3 years, worked as LPG Customer relations manager for 2 years, LPG sales Manager for 2 years , then LPG Import Terminal Construction for 1 year.
Oil Professional
Chief Manitenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Panipat, HaryanaOctober 2, 2018
Excellent company to work. freedom to work and try new solutions. learned maintenance, project management. care, trust, passion. team work and building.
Pros
Freedom to work.
Cons
Away from cities.
Fun workplace , professional work culture , Responsible corporate social responsibility
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Lodhi road, New DelhiSeptember 27, 2018
The experience of working with IOCL was amazing. Employees working over there were very supporting . IOCL have given me the opportunity to learn about the corporate culture . The whole team was very supportive.
nice company
Software Trainee (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DelhiSeptember 25, 2018
nice company, i have started my career from this company
Their work system is ok, to much micromanaging that happens . I understand they are afraid things can go wrong but to much micromanaging can become very overwhelming, making the person themselves mess up the work .
Great place to work and learn you job profile.
Assistant operator chemical plant (Former Employee) –  Mathura, Uttar PradeshSeptember 18, 2018
I am quite happy with the job experience there. Employees are helping in nature and cooperative too. Management is also well supporting, understand your problem with best solution.
Pros
lunches with subsidized rates only for employees.
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West BengalSeptember 16, 2018
I worked as an Finance intern for the College Dissertation Program. I worked for the Assistant Manager of the Finance Department of Kolkata office. He helped me through out my project report span.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Nothing as such
Work at indian oil
INSPECTION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  HALDIA REFINERYSeptember 12, 2018
The company gives us an environment to learn through training and on job experiences. There is scope for job rotation which helps in working in different areas and gain experience.
Better
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduSeptember 4, 2018
working environment good,food ,everything fine ,i was working there one kind of internship like that what ever i can learn lot of thinks from there...
UP and ready for something different .
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Faridabad, HaryanaAugust 25, 2018
freedom to work according to you. boss is just like a friend, different activities at different times of the month. a great place to work in. overall the campus is lush green and huge.
Not any funwork place allowed apprentice
Secretarial Assistant(apprentice) (Current Employee) –  mathuraAugust 25, 2018
I want to say this in The company will do a lot for the Apprentice. And Apprentice also work hard. But after one year, a certificate is sent home. Whatever the child apprentices do. She is from a poor family. After one year, he comes back on the same. Which he was last year. The company should improve this policy, that any child who is apprenticed should be granted permanent certification at least two years in the same company. That would save the unemployment from escaping and he would not go around there or Will work with perseverance and hard work.
This is my opinion.
Then only a respected India and a happy India will be formed.
Pros
Not free lunch
Fun with Friends
Intern (Former Employee) –  HaryanaAugust 21, 2018
it was my first industrial experienced with a friendly atmosphere and relaxable work hours but peoples dedication towards their work taught me everything.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Far from my location
training period
Part Time Computer Faculty (Former Employee) –  Haldia, West BengalAugust 16, 2018
i was not employee of indian oil corporation. after compelting my diploma in i.t. (specialization in networking) i had taken an industrial training from indial oil corporaton.